Cornwall Football Forum

Senior Cup Draw

Guest Cappuccino

What the hell is going on - surely it is not beyond the the wit and intelligence of the County FA that the provide the draw properly on their Website for everyone at the same time.

We have one tie being leaked - surprise surprise AFC St Austell - then another involving St Dennis - what an utter shambles.

A few minutes posting the draw on the Couny FA site would be the correct method - but that is obviously too simple. Perhaps things will change in their new surroundings but I fear not.

Guest Cappuccino

I am sure they will announce the draw eventually Gareth - but why should a member of the County FA announce on here the tie affecting 'his team' but the rest of the ties could be known at any time - if the gentleman is going to leak the this tie on here then why not post the bl***y lot!!!!!

For goodness sake - it is not rocket science and then perhaps the remainder of the County football followers would be less likely to accuse the County FA of bias towards AFC St Austell!

Guest Cappuccino

Some of it has escaped Dan - the rest of the secret draw will be made known to the football world when the one fingered typist actually decides to publish it on the County FA's Website!!!!!

I noticed on another topic, timed at 7-03pm

Liskeard Athletic/Wendron CC United v A.F.C.St.Austell

Can anyone else leak out any other ties?

Makes you wonder at what time the draw was rigged made and what Mr Bray was doing for the rest of evening. One assumes that he and other esteemed CCFA employees would be busy packing up after cashing in on the lovely old St Austell building, and moving to cheap and cheerful accomodation in Bodmin. Perhaps with all that money swilling around CCFA coffers, they will be handing out donations to clubs who need it or have been subject to CCFA inustice.

The full draw as taken from the CCFA Website, with ties to be palyed on the 23rd January, 2010:-

Godolphin Atlantic v Dobwalls/Millbrook

Hayle v Camelford/Torpoint Athletic

Helston Athletic/Perranporth v Wadebridge Town/St Blazey

Liskeard Athletic/Wendron v AFC St Austell

Penryn Athletic/Truro City v St Dennis

Porthleven v Launceston

St Day v Bodmin Town

Saltash Utd/Callington Town v Illogan RBL/St Just

Leading onto some of the comments above, I know that most of us at times have wondered about the CCFA and what goes on, but why really, should they want to fix the draw? :(

Guest Cappuccino

I don't think many people, if any, are accusing the County FA of 'fixing' the draw - simply questioning why the hell isn't the draw announced properly and earlier to the media etc - and not allowing the odd tie being leaked by a member of the CCFA. Very convient that it is his team as he calls AFC St Austell.

I know it is a very old question and one that has been raised before but doing the draw on a Saturday afternoon at a club after a match would be a good idea - cricket does that with cup draws and it seems to work. The excellently run CSWPL also do that with their League Cup competition and have the draw at a ground after a league match. Simple really!

My fixed comment was made in jest, although the more I think about it, the more I am not covinced. The remainder of my comments are valid. Mr Bray of CCFA and involved with St Austell posts just one tie on the forum at 7.03pm, yet couldn't or wouldn't post the remaining ties, why is this ? At what time was the full draw made and who was present ? Is it not normal for such draws to made during meetings held on a Thursday evening, do they really start before 7.00pm ?

Nice to see all the non SWPL sides kept apart and that all SWPL Premier Div sides are also apart, is this in the hope that the CCFA get the big showcase final theyn hope for rather than some upstart club ruining their day.

Fixed, probably not but the CCFA have not got a great record in doing the right thing recently.

Godolphin Atlantic v Dobwalls/Millbrook

Hayle v Camelford/Torpoint Athletic

Helston Athletic/Perranporth v Wadebridge Town/St Blazey

Liskeard Athletic/Wendron v AFC St Austell

Penryn Athletic/Truro City v St Dennis

Porthleven v Launceston

St Day v Bodmin Town

Saltash Utd/Callington Town v Illogan RBL/St Just

just heard thru the grapevine that the next round of the senior cup draw is bein drawn on sky sports,well done money man n cappucino u obviously no very important people..................................

How do you know that it hasn't already been drawn and re-drawn until they get the fixtures they want ?