Cornwall Football Forum

POINT'S TAKEN AWAY

Guest BLATCHY

Guest BLATCHY

Goonhavern in mining 1 have had 3 point's taken away from them because 2 players names in the team sheet were spelt wrong. CCFA need to sort it out taking point's of teams for that :SM_carton: :SM_carton:

Guest BLATCHY

Not the CCFA Blatchy,it's the Mining League who would deal with such matters.

Sorry mate the Mining league!! Goonhavern are up there this year in with a shout for the league and they do that to them.

Look, it may well seem harsh BUT it's not hard to ensure forms are filled out correctly, names are spelt correctly etc.. What would you prefer to do if you were a chairman or secretary of a club, would you rather spend an extra 5 minutes to be SURE names are correct etc, or would you rather send in the paperwork and hope that it's ok and find out sometime later that you've lost points because of not taking that extra bit of time..

You can easily assume it's petty to deduct a point for spelling a name wrong BUT Davies and Davis are 2 different names. Nicholl and Nicholls are 2 different names, Smith and Smithe etc etc.. 2 different names = 2 different people, and I'm fairly sure, despite the pettiness in the past, that the CCFA, Mining League etc etc are NOT responsible for clubs making mistakes with their paperwork.. However, they ARE responsible for punishing those that do make mistakes..

It IS harsh, but they aren't doing anything wrong.

The same thing has already happened this season in Mining 1 just click here Points deduction I agree that it does need to be sorted out as this is getting silly now, A simple phone call to the club secretary would be more appropriate I think

Quick question though (I should know this) are the Mining league and Falmouth Helston league run by the same people and if not who exactly is going to run the league when it merges?

Hmmm Looks to me like coopsie has a new job working for the Mining league :D

Gotta say i agree 100% with coopsie on this one, its not rocket science and doesn't take any longer to write a clear team sheet with capital letters.

If you just try to imagine how players are signed on, each time an average of probably 15 to 20 players, players transfering each week, new players coming and going from division to division even league to league i am sure the people in charge have enough paperwork to deal with as it is, so all they are asking is to make sure team sheets are filled in correctly and on time. :blink:

All in all i think they do a good job on average, they do occasionally make mistakes aswell but then nobodys perfect.

(Except me ha ha) :clapper: :clapper:

Gotta say i agree 100% with coopsie on this one, its not rocket science and doesn't take any longer to write a clear team sheet with capital letters.

If you just try to imagine how players are signed on, each time an average of probably 15 to 20 players, players transfering each week, new players coming and going from division to division even league to league i am sure the people in charge have enough paperwork to deal with as it is, so all they are asking is to make sure team sheets are filled in correctly and on time. :blink:

All in all i think they do a good job on average, they do occasionally make mistakes aswell but then nobodys perfect.

(Except me ha ha) :clapper::clapper:

Oh I see now and how very silly of me to think that even humans make the odd mistake

I do agree with what you’re saying to a degree but I would also say that even the best of club secretaries makes the odd mistake here and there and some of them have been doing the job for years so your right about one thing nobody is perfect in which case a simple phonecall to say your not 100% as perfect as you thought and that the player you just signed is ineligible to play until it is sorted would seem to me to be an easy solution

Maybe I am wrong and if so I hold my hand up

I’m no secretary (Until the weekends that is) :D (Opps did I just say that) :D and I do not have to worry about such problems but communication is a good thing so leagues, clubs, managers, secretaries, players and whoever else is involved should all do just that COMMUNICATE WITH EACHOTHER

Dont get me wrong im not trying to feed the flames here, i know as well as any player how much paperwork can be involved in running a team.

You are absolutely right on this one aswell but as the governor in cool hand luke says " what we have here is a failure to communicate " :unsure:

It can be frustrating for all involved when things like this happen but its not the first instance of the like yet people read it and fall into the trap over and over again, it would be easier to read these articles and learn from them cos communication as you state isnt gonna get any better over night and it would save any future teams from losing unnneccessary points especially if they missed out on promotion by 1 or 2 points come the end of the season. <_< :c:

Guest BLATCHY

Look, it may well seem harsh BUT it's not hard to ensure forms are filled out correctly, names are spelt correctly etc.. What would you prefer to do if you were a chairman or secretary of a club, would you rather spend an extra 5 minutes to be SURE names are correct etc, or would you rather send in the paperwork and hope that it's ok and find out sometime later that you've lost points because of not taking that extra bit of time..

You can easily assume it's petty to deduct a point for spelling a name wrong BUT Davies and Davis are 2 different names. Nicholl and Nicholls are 2 different names, Smith and Smithe etc etc.. 2 different names = 2 different people, and I'm fairly sure, despite the pettiness in the past, that the CCFA, Mining League etc etc are NOT responsible for clubs making mistakes with their paperwork.. However, they ARE responsible for punishing those that do make mistakes..

It IS harsh, but they aren't doing anything wrong.

I agree with you in a way,but this isn't the premiership. Goonhavern and most clubs in cornwall are run by volunters it's grass roots football. :lol:

I can agree with some points on both sides, but at the end of the day the rules are in place to stop teams cheating (Im not saying that goonhavern were, because its obvious that you werent) but the rules are there and surely you should know who is playing in your team.

As this is an administratory mistake can you not claim these points back if you can provide the evidence that this was a mistake, perhaps the team you beat could back you up (In an ideal world)

good luck with trying to get te points back if that is what you attempt to do

Guest BLATCHY

I can agree with some points on both sides, but at the end of the day the rules are in place to stop teams cheating (Im not saying that goonhavern were, because its obvious that you werent) but the rules are there and surely you should know who is playing in your team.

As this is an administratory mistake can you not claim these points back if you can provide the evidence that this was a mistake, perhaps the team you beat could back you up (In an ideal world)

good luck with trying to get te points back if that is what you attempt to do

I think that is what they intend to do, but we all know what these people are like most of them never kicked a ball in there lifes. I just hope for Goonhavern that they don't finsh 3 points from top at the end of the season as the mining league officals would of cost them the league. :lol:

mining league check off approx 45 team sheets every weekend and still pick up errors, clubs have ONE sheet to get right, we all know the rules, we at praze have also learnt the hard way in the past, only one person to blame blatchy if your 3 points off top!!

Very harsh, but very true :clapper:

Oh what a film that is BUT you should have perhaps put a at the end, instead of the ...

Coopsie was gonna put a :) but opted for the :unsure: as i thought of the 50 eggs he swallowed for the bets.....

How do you reckon they got his belly to look/get that fat? :unsure: ... And how much do you scream "Just stay down you stupid sod" at the TV when the big fella gives him a beat down in the yard? :thumbsup: ..

Could well be my favourite film of all time, ABSOLUTE CLASSIC :c:

Guest BLATCHY

" I just hope for Goonhavern that they don't finsh 3 points from top at the end of the season as the mining league officals would of cost them the league "

mining league check off approx 45 team sheets every weekend and still pick up errors, clubs have ONE sheet to get right, we all know the rules, we at praze have also learnt the hard way in the past, only one person to blame blatchy if your 3 points off top!!

It happens to at least 1 or more clubs every year and it happened to us last year and Troon and it will happen again next year. At the end of the day you simply have to make sure you fill it out correctly its not rocket science and you can't blame the league for your own admin errors, so if you lose out on the league by 3 points you will have yourselves and only yourselves to blame.

Also hows the arm doing mate? Got long to go before your back?

Guest BLATCHY

It happens to at least 1 or more clubs every year and it happened to us last year and Troon and it will happen again next year. At the end of the day you simply have to make sure you fill it out correctly its not rocket science and you can't blame the league for your own admin errors, so if you lose out on the league by 3 points you will have yourselves and only yourselves to blame.

Also hows the arm doing mate? Got long to go before your back?

Yes mate arm feels better got to go for another xray on friday to see if I need a operation, I hope not!!

If I don't hope to be back playing in jan as the doctor told me it would take between 8 to 15 weeks to mend.

How's you? I think your win it this year mate you have a good side, I think Goonhavern have to much to do now after the 3 points beind deducted. Goodluck mate :clapper: :clapper:

Guest BLATCHY

Blatchy let them know he's dyslexic and you'll get the points back, they cannot discriminate !!!!!

Ambose & Andros are two different names as well, :yahoo:

hope to see you back playing soon

Johnny we can't blame it on 1 of kevin's nights out LoL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drink: :drink:

Whats the difference between spelling a name wtrong and using the wrong initails for a player? It seems Mt Charles team sheet contained a player with the wrong initial in their Junior Cup tie with Tywardreath and the match is now to be replayed, surely a glaring example of double standards in these 2 instances???

As a League Registrar that does about 100 team sheets from a Saturday game, I can understand the clubs point of view but also the side from the League.

On average I get about 14 team sheets that are wrong each week, either spelling mistakes(as long as I know who the player is, then I'm not too bothered about that), say a club has 3 D Mason's playing for them and they just put D Mason..how on earth do I know which one has played. They leave the Officials marks off the team sheets, Officials expenses, even goalscorers, infact one team hasnt made a sub all season! I have a 3 count rule, they get warned 3 times then any mistakes after that, I use our league rule 5A for incorrect team sheet and fine the club £10, you'll be surprised that 14 teamsheets I get each week that were incorrect goes down to nil! The League registrar shouldnt have to be chasing clubs up for their team sheets and the things that go on it, as they have enough to do with suspensions, registrations to do and tranfers. I do feel the £10 fine is fair but feel docking points is a bit harsh, but then again it is the clubs that make the rules and if you dont agree with them, then your club must propose a rule change before your AGM and get a seconder