Cornwall Football Forum

Rafa Rant/ Darren Rant

Just like to say how disgusted i am at the mining league deducting points from storm fc for apparently playing a player who wasn't signed on, the player who i will not mention had signed the form but apparently in the wrong place this is not a side who where trying to gain an advantage by playing someone who wasn't signed on as we all where aware that he had signed!!!!! This is where the mining league ajudacators. board or commitee are unfair on their decision we where not trying to cheat, pull the cloak over anyones eyes or trying to gain an unfair advantage this was just a mistake made by a player who thought he'd done the right thing. Yes maybe our secretary should have seen it but eh the guy did sign the form!!

comments please!! i may be wrong in what i have said but i feel strongly that this is unfair!!

Rafa!

Just like to say how disgusted i am at the mining league deducting points from storm fc for apparently playing a player who wasn't signed on, the player who i will not mention had signed the form but apparently in the wrong place this is not a side who where trying to gain an advantage by playing someone who wasn't signed on as we all where aware that he had signed!!!!! This is where the mining league ajudacators. board or commitee are unfair on their decision we where not trying to cheat, pull the cloak over anyones eyes or trying to gain an unfair advantage this was just a mistake made by a player who thought he'd done the right thing. Yes maybe our secretary should have seen it but eh the guy did sign the form!!

comments please!! i may be wrong in what i have said but i feel strongly that this is unfair!!

Rafa!

Hi mate,from what i've heard you never received the confirmation slip back from the league to confirm his signing on!! you know what the league are like so diificult to argue that point or 5 of them!!

However, this should of been picked up by the league after one game and you notified,instead of you losing points for 3 games,so a bit harsh on that side.

Am sure you will make up the points and get top 3 or 4.

Guest Peppermint

You certainly have my sympathies Treasure Parks - when you think that secretaries and other officers of clubs throughout the land are doing these jobs for the love of their club and the game of football and it is in their spare time it is very nit picking.

As you stated the player signed the form so why not some leeway - where do these little dictators dream up their decisions.

Coming from a club that has suffered at the hands of something similar you have our support - what ever good that is.

Absolutely sympathise for your club and understand your anger and frustration. However, I'm afraid you're not the first club to be hit in this way, over something so petty, and I'm pretty damn sure you wont be the last.

We all KNOW how belittling the "powers that be" like to act, this is just another demonstration of exactly that sort of behavioural practice :angry: .. I guess they think simplistically enough to assume that ALL other secretaries, chairmen etc will heed this action and ensure extra care is taken in any future paperwork that is to be submitted?.

Surely you're not expecting any sort of common sense in cases like this?.

Like you said, it's not as though your club has attempted to pull the wool over anybody's eyes or deceive anybody. Unfortunatley though, I don't see as there's anything you can do on this occasion?.

Look on the bright side buddy, atleast you still get to play on a Saturday...

Absolutely sympathise for your club and understand your anger and frustration. However, I'm afraid you're not the first club to be hit in this way, over something so petty, and I'm pretty damn sure you wont be the last.

We all KNOW how belittling the "powers that be" like to act, this is just another demonstration of exactly that sort of behavioural practice :angry: .. I guess they think simplistically enough to assume that ALL other secretaries, chairmen etc will heed this action and ensure extra care is taken in any future paperwork that is to be submitted?.

Surely you're not expecting any sort of common sense in cases like this?.

Like you said, it's not as though your club has attempted to pull the wool over anybody's eyes or deceive anybody. Unfortunatley though, I don't see as there's anything you can do on this occasion?.

Look on the bright side buddy, atleast you still get to play on a Saturday...

Thanks taffy , peppermint and coopsie for your support i know we wont get anywhere with them and i know other clubs have been hit hard in the past but sometimes they shud and have used common sense with this matter you wud think that we where professional clubs they way the treat us a blatent team playing someone they knew hadn't signed on shud be punished but this one is ridiculous!! thanks again lads and i wish you all the best and yes coopsie at least we can play on a saturday thats what matters the most.... cheers Rafa

In this day and age you would have thought that the F.A would just pick up the phone to the secretary and just say that there has been a mistake on the paperwork so do not play this particular player until it is sorted out (Not rocket science is it)

I agree that there are a lot of clubs out there that have in the past been hit with this kind of thing and I agree it is unfair as the F.A are not just punishing the player or secretary for missing the mistake they are in fact punishing every other player in the squad who (Have to pay to play)

This kind of topic will have been talked about many many times before and nothing has ever been done and you have to ask why, Well the way I see it is this.

Either

A.The F.A does not and will not listen to any suggestions on changing the laws or using a little common sense

Or

B. Nobody has come forward to challenge this and instead have moaned about it either down the pub or on a forum

If this is a problem that a lot of other clubs have come across before then why not get together and try to reason with the F.A and ask for either a rule change (If needed) or for someone to show a bit of decent common sense and contact club secretaries if a problem such as this arises again

Of course the other way is to take your own action (Hit them in the pocket) and I’m not about to explain how to do that on a public forum ok

Unlucky Daz.Seems abit harsh to be honest mate,just signing a form in the wrong space! cant imagine you having a rant! You're far too nice a bloke! :thumbsup: Seen Guy have a rant or two at a few refs over the years though!!! :lol: Hope you're both well and keep the heads up,im sure you'll get those points back on the pitch before the season is out!!! :clapper:

Rafa!

Having read this I will be interested to see what action the Mining league takes with regard to the 2-2 draw between Goonhavern reserves and Perranporth 3rds on November 14th. During the game, Goonhavern fielded an unregistered player, however this was without realisation on their part prior to kick off. Fair play to them as immediately afterwards they came to us and admitted their mistake, and informed us that they would immediately inform the league.

Does anyone know how long the process will take for any action to brought about, because as of yet, I am yet to hear anything on the matter (however that does not necessarily mean that the club hasn't).

Nothing to do with the FA it's a Mining League decision.....Points deduction would push Goonhavern closer towards promotion :blink:

Do any of the league officials hold a position of responsibility at any of the clubs in the top half of the Mining League ?

Someone said the other day that goonhavern where also deducted 3 points for missing an o in someones name on the teamsheet!!! have these muppets nothing better to do than pick holes

Nothing to do with the FA it's a Mining League decision.....Points deduction would push Goonhavern closer towards promotion :blink:

Do any of the league officials hold a position of responsibility at any of the clubs in the top half of the Mining League ?

Someone said the other day that goonhavern where also deducted 3 points for missing an o in someones name on the teamsheet!!! have these muppets nothing better to do than pick holes

You've got no choice but to look at it another way though buddy.. You could have a really crap player called Nicholl, and a really good player called nicholls. The really crap player happens to be away on holiday, and the really good player plays and scores a winning goal. On the team sheet the manager accidentally puts Nicholl BUT the opposing team knows that he wasn't playing on the day and say something to the CCFA or Mining League etc.

What is the governing body supposed to do?. The common sense side of us would say "well it was just a silly mistake" BUT, would the losing team feel the same?. :unsure:

Tricky one :unsure:

Not nice Daz even i agree bloody forms are rubbish, my honest opinion HOW NICE WOULD IT BE TO HAVE SOMEONE UNDER THE AGE OF LETS SAY 50. WHO ACTUALLY WORKS FOR THE MINING LEAGUE. Two words left from me COMMON SENSE :unsure:

Thanks Marksy and thanks for all your support from all of the above it is appreciated even tho nothing can be done about it!! I agree with you there marksy about getting a bit of fresh blood in there and someone with a bit of common sense good luck this weekend mate a big game for you.

Thanks Rappo for your comments mate i try to be a nice bloke i'm to nice sometimes i do blow off steam every now and again we all need to do this see you around bud. Dazza oops sorry Rafa

Hi Darren I know it wont make you feel any better but we have a player called Simon Williams in our reserves and even though he has played all season a different person wrote out the teamsheet and put down his name as Simon williamson needless to say we were fined.Thought at the time the league may have waited to see if we were actually going to sign on a williamson or was it a genuine mistake.

to be fair though, Simon Williamson and Simon Williams are two different names, the league secretary isn't going to check through each of your last few team sheets to see if there was a name that was similar to it!

Lets face it, you got away with the Ben Andros situation last year!!! that was a similar name to another player!!

As per normal darren you make comments on things you obviously know nothing about. The league secretary takes notes of every player in every league and cup game that is why when you reach a cup final the players that are eligible are the ones that have played five games all this information is on the secretarys notes.

There are two approaches to administering a league's paperwork (And to life in general).

The one that works every time is to follow the letter of the rules precisely. Anything slightly out of order, Bang fine, points gone - whatever the rule book says.

If you do that consistently, everyone knows where they stand, there's no arguments (some complaints) and mistakes become few and far between as clubs know that they can't make them.

This works, if you're consistent and everyone is clear that is the way it's going to be.

Clubs that make an "honest mistake" suffer under this regime.

Much, much more dangerous is to try to distinguish between the "honest mistake" (Daz) and the clever cheat. If you get that wrong and let something go, then the other clubs, quite rightly, are going to squeak. "Why aren't you applying the rules?". "We did that and got fined, why didn't they?" "We're appealing to the CCFA - it's in the rule book."

If you were a league Secretary (I am) which would you adopt? West Cornwall Sunday League Clubs know where I stand and we have had no problems so far, but I'm bracing myself. (And I'm well over 50!)

Well Bill then you would have to agree that as per league rules a teamsheet must be received within 3 days (ex sundays) after the match. Then surely the league must have to confirm a problem 3 days after receiving the teamsheet? The fal/hel league registration secretary would have rang the club involved and at least told them not to play the player untill paperwork was sorted. You cant let the player carry on playing obviously thinking he was correctly signed, only to deduct more points at a later date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I appreciate that Kev, but how are they to know that Simon Williamson isn't real? thats all I'm saying!

if it was a genuine spelling mistake, like what happened a couple of years ago to a team, then thats harsh. But Williamson and Williams are two different surnames altogether! Granted, its harsh cos you know that it was meant to be Williams, but do the league offiicals know that?

But you did get away with the Andros one!!!

With regards to your final point to Bill about the League informing teams! you know very well that that isn't going to happen! responsibility will always be passed over no matter what!

Well Bill then you would have to agree that as per league rules a teamsheet must be received within 3 days (ex sundays) after the match. Then surely the league must have to confirm a problem 3 days after receiving the teamsheet? The fal/hel league registration secretary would have rang the club involved and at least told them not to play the player untill paperwork was sorted. You cant let the player carry on playing obviously thinking he was correctly signed, only to deduct more points at a later date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It may well say that the teamsheet has to be received with 3 days (I don't know that league's rules.) But I'd be amazed if the rules say that the League have to check them and give feedback to the clubs within 3 days!

You haven't grasped the idea - if you stick exactly to the rules, then you can't go wrong. ("jobsworth" is the correct term, I believe.)

There was wonderful occasion a few years back when a club (I think it was Marazion) played a Navy lad for about 10 games without permission from the Navy. The CCFA fined them for the first attempt and then doubled the fine for each subsequent offence. Try doubling £5 10 times!*

*Ans £5,960.

The one that works every time is to follow the letter of the rules precisely.

I know it can be hard BUT, oldasitgets is spot on fellas..

All you've got to do is be extra vigilant with your paperwork etc, then there will be nothing to worry about..

If you're not the best of spellers, or you've got players with awkward names etc, maybe just get your boys to write their own names on a list and keep it with the rest of your paperwork?. Simple little step to ensure 1 mistake isn't made :unsure:

when i fill out or ask someone else to fill out team sheets on a saturday. i have a copy of the signing on forms in the folder with me so i can check that "for instance" a player is signed on as ben or benjamin, tom or thomas as is the case in our club :c:

See fellas, COMMON SENSE.... Any problems with the league thus far Mr Eddy?.

Now that both leagues have transferred across to the FA Full Time System, hopefully they will adopt the policy that we were using in the London leagues, were you have to send in your teamsheets electronically or if no internet access good old snail mail. This way each player you have registered to your club can be seen on screen and you just select him thus no spelling mistakes and no fines.

Of course, the Sunday League (West) is all electronic.

We still require a teamsheet but managers can enter their team, scorers, mark the ref on-line and check which players are registered.

I accept posted teamsheets but clubs are getting very efficient at scanning and emailing them - that's much quicker and more reliable.

I'm not sure that a good move is to only use a system where managers enter the team on-line after the game. Too tempting to just choose 14 legitimate players from those on offer. Who's going to challenge that on Sunday evening? I can't see a way round having a teamsheet at the match.

We have a space where the opposition's manager can ask any of the team's players to sign against his name on the teamsheet. (Up to three). That can deter playing "ringers".

As the secretary involved I am deeply dissapointed in this decision and it has been appealed, I do not like to come on forums and start shouting the odds I prefer to resolve issues in my own way, however there were ample opportunities for this to have been sensibly resolved none of which were taken. I do however put my trust in the appeal system as I have a 100% record so far as I only appeal when I believe an injustice has been done and i hope common sense will prevail again I believe the deduction of points should always be the last resort for the worst offences, I do not believe that not signing a form in the correct place is one of them.

I also believe that a management committee should not always be a punishment committee, why this issue took 7 weeks to be brought to my attention is beyond belief and I think after the appeal some serious questions will need answering.

I also would like to praise the Sunday league for its exceptional approach to registrations, results and rearrangements. Wonderful thing technology.

Guest Bundiwilliams

bloody hell the day things go electronic for mining league is a day that will never be seen, rich you need to pass this amazing info onto the league, sounds like a bloody great idea!!!!!

As the secretary involved I am deeply dissapointed in this decision and it has been appealed, I do not like to come on forums and start shouting the odds I prefer to resolve issues in my own way, however there were ample opportunities for this to have been sensibly resolved none of which were taken. I do however put my trust in the appeal system as I have a 100% record so far as I only appeal when I believe an injustice has been done and i hope common sense will prevail again I believe the deduction of points should always be the last resort for the worst offences, I do not believe that not signing a form in the correct place is one of them.

I also believe that a management committee should not always be a punishment committee, why this issue took 7 weeks to be brought to my attention is beyond belief and I think after the appeal some serious questions will need answering.

I also would like to praise the Sunday league for its exceptional approach to registrations, results and rearrangements. Wonderful thing technology.

Well said matchu78 and good luck with the appeal; Hopefully common sense will prevail