Cornwall Football Forum

Abandoned Games

Taken from the South West Peninsula League Website Forum.

Thanks to the late and very heavy rain that came early Saturday afternoon the following games were postponed or abandone by matchday referees :

Premier

Bovey Tracey v Ivybridge (Abandoned 75 mins 2-1)

Buckland v Torpoint (Abandoned 25 mins 1-0)

Falmouth v Holsworthy - Postponed by match referee

Liskeard v Dartmouth (Abandoned half time, unsure of score)

East

Teignmouth v Newton Spurs (Abandoned half time 1-1)

West

Foxhole v Camelford (Abandoned 65 mins 4-1)

Godolphin v Porthleven (Abandoned 81 mins 3-1)

Newquay v Vospers (Abandoned 50 mins 0-1)

Perranporth v Plymstock (Abandoned 75 mins 2-1)

St Austell v Hayle (Abandoned half time 1-1)

Matches abandoned due to the wet weather will be re-played, results will not stand.

I'm not too sure that Godolphin will be happy that after 81mins the result will not stand.

With so many matches abandoned, surely the referees must take some blame as to let the games go ahead in the first place!

It looks like that 90% of these games should not have started at all. We all want to see the games that start, finish but the refs must be asking themsevles if it rains again will it. I assume they all look at what the the local weather forecast states.

Just seems that a lack of foresight or just plain common sense.

I was very glad that the ref didnt even start the Falmouth game as it would not have ended. Good decision by the ref but he did need some persuading by my old man, not to play it, as ref said it was borderline. Good work Trevor!

I bet there are a few cut up pitches now?

Last week i made comments about Cullompton calling game off late. This was when Falmouth were at Okehampton.

I take these comments back as today proved that a pitch can be playable at midday but wiped out when teams are already travelling. Bickland today pitch was playable in morning. i then checked forecast that said heavy rain coming in at 6pm but it then comes early. Unfortunately ya judgement is wiped out when the rain comes early! :rolleyes:

i think truro was called off at kick off. and their opponents came down from London

Because Peranporth game had 15 mins left and Plymstock were more likely to score and get a point, this game should of been abandoned at half time, pitch was like a mad bath and getting darker by the minute.

draw would of been a fair result against two good sides who have a chance of winning this league.

I got to Buckland as well and I don't think even 25 mins were played because the game kicked off late - more like 15 mins at most. Agree with south devon - the pitch was under water before the game began but as has been said often before in these situations refs are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Downside paid for three of us to get in - no refund - just a promise to get in again free to the rearranged match.

Plus side - Buckland a good set up and some good people - and at least I watched 15 mins after today's journey - didn't see any play after the journey to Withy last week!

Pretty hairy journey back as well

Different attitude in rugby as it is a bit of a joke.

This was a National League match not a friendly team on tour.

Listening to the radio, Redruth 29 Newbury 3 -After 70 minutes(10minutes to go) the referee spoke to both captains on the quiet to call it a day, according to the commentator.

Redruth happy with a win and the bonus point and Newbury no way back and glad to get off the park.

No hint of being abandoned -the referees decision is final and result stands.

Probably the RFU dont want to know.

It appears that all postponements and abandoned games have all been rescheduled by Phil H already.

Look in on the SWPL website.

According to 'this is Cornwall Sport' All abandoned games today will have to be replayed with the exception of Godolphin v Porthleven which may stand.

The SWPL will decide in their December meeting after reviewing the referee report.

It was stated in the paper that the referee halted precedings because of poor light in deteriorating conditions.

I got to Buckland as well and I don't think even 25 mins were played because the game kicked off late - more like 15 mins at most. Agree with south devon - the pitch was under water before the game began but as has been said often before in these situations refs are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Downside paid for three of us to get in - no refund - just a promise to get in again free to the rearranged match.

Plus side - Buckland a good set up and some good people - and at least I watched 15 mins after today's journey - didn't see any play after the journey to Withy last week!

Was at the Bucks game, Buckland had the fore sight in that evey one who paid were given a ticket on entering the ground as you could see that the game was not going to finish, and would admit them to the rearanged game. They had to pay the officials.so giving the crowd back their money was not on.

Only the man in the middle had other ideas and started the game.

Water lying on the pitch at 3.00

Why did he start the game.???? :SM_carton::SM_carton::SM_carton:

Booked a Torpoint player does this count for a challange ,that was due to the conditions.

Was at the Bucks game, Buckland had the fore sight in that evey one who paid were given a ticket on entering the ground as you could see that the game was not going to finish, and would admit them to the rearranged game. They had to pay the officials.so giving the crowd back their money was not on.

Only the man in the middle had other ideas and started the game.

Water lying on the pitch at 3.00

Why did he start the game.???? :SM_carton::SM_carton::SM_carton:

Booked a Torpoint player does this count for a challange ,that was due to the conditions.