Cornwall Football Forum

Duchy League Results 28/11/09

Bodmin Saints 1 - 2 Probus

Firstly I'd like to thank the ref' for allowing this game to be played. The conditions were very poor but both teams made a good attempt at playing football for the most part of the game. Saints took to the fied with only nine players and went two behind very quickly. Reinforcements arrived and the game evened out for a while but Saints eventually took control and were the better side eventually.

The game was marred late on by a Probus player launching a fist at one of the home players and led to another altercation after the final whistle. The Probus player was sent off and I believe refused to give his name to the referee. I didn't see what happened off the pitch but have heard several accounts from both sides. Whatever did happen led to the Probus side refusing the invitation by me to share after-match hospitality. Their decision was disappointing to say the least when it was their own player who caused the ill-feeling n the first place.

Now just another mention for the ref': he allowed the game to be played for the benefit of the players and rightly or wrongly I applaud him for that.

Bloody hell tom! and Gunni is like Wembley?

So when is your next game at home and playing it?

I aint complaining bout there pitch, before the game it looked fine and was very impressed with it but as the game went on it cut up n the water all came 2 the surface, it was far worse than argyles pitch! just in my opinion it would have been best to abandon the game for the safety of everyone involved.

Our pitch is bad and duno when we will play on it next but think alot of teams round this area are having trouble with the pitches atm

Crazy Tom, i dont think we will ever play at Calstock..its disappointing really after the money and hard work that has been done we havent even had a game on it this season...we played our first 7 games away to protect the pitch and now the bloody weather has its say....

Fingers crossed it will be on this week coming, otherwise it will be SIX weeks without a game :angry2:

Firstly I'd like to thank the ref' for allowing this game to be played. The conditions were very poor but both teams made a good attempt at playing football for the most part of the game. Saints took to the fied with only nine players and went two behind very quickly. Reinforcements arrived and the game evened out for a while but Saints eventually took control and were the better side eventually.

The game was marred late on by a Probus player launching a fist at one of the home players and led to another altercation after the final whistle. The Probus player was sent off and I believe refused to give his name to the referee. I didn't see what happened off the pitch but have heard several accounts from both sides. Whatever did happen led to the Probus side refusing the invitation by me to share after-match hospitality. Their decision was disappointing to say the least when it was their own player who caused the ill-feeling n the first place.

Now just another mention for the ref': he allowed the game to be played for the benefit of the players and rightly or wrongly I applaud him for that.

so 4 of your players running towards our player towards the changing room is acceptable.

Four? Yeah right. And how many of you were there? You let it happen and did nothing, is that right? Your lad started the violent behaviour; just remember that. The game had been played in good spirit until he lost the plot and you know it.

As I said earlier; I wasn't there. I was looking for the match ball that one of your blokes INTENTIONALLY kicked out of the ground.

Listen mate, you guys won the game and the points, didn't you. Why are you whinging?

And by the way, I see you haven't argued with my description of the game have you!

Now we can continue this or we can just get on with the season, I don't mind either way but my comments here have been honest. You were invited by me personally to come back for a beer and some food. You eventually refused and that is very sad and a blemish on your reputation my friend.

Are teyin to claim that you didn't see 4 of you're players sprint towards the changing rooms after the match. Shows how marred your description of the game is. You're player 5 seconds late from behind on our player, you free kick!! How can you applaud the ref when the game shouldn't have been played and you know it!

You're players also callin us big time in the fracas where your player hit ours after the game, you wouldn't even run the line in the rain and left no linesman. You are an atrocious manager to let your players get to that stage and still expect us to come to your pub when your players were waiting outside our changing room for a fight.

What happened to what happens on the pitch, stays on the pitch? Especially when we are playing you in 2 weeks!!!

Personally I think you are looking a laughing stock have told you I was on the pitch. I was talking to the Probus manager and the ref' ON the pitch when someone from your side came and told the ref' what was happening at the changing rooms. If need be I will ask the ref' to confirm this.

I sincerely hope I don't read anything threatening in what you have said here. If there is I shall consider a report to the Duchy League. In fact; consider it done already.

Oh and by the way; I am not Saint's manager, never have been and never will be. I believe you should reconsider what you have written so far. I have a feeling your keyboard is having rather a bad day.

Four? Yeah right. And how many of you were there? You let it happen and did nothing, is that right? Your lad started the violent behaviour; just remember that. The game had been played in good spirit until he lost the plot and you know it.

As I said earlier; I wasn't there. I was looking for the match ball that one of your blokes INTENTIONALLY kicked out of the ground.

Listen mate, you guys won the game and the points, didn't you. Why are you whinging?

And by the way, I see you haven't argued with my description of the game have you!

Now we can continue this or we can just get on with the season, I don't mind either way but my comments here have been honest. You were invited by me personally to come back for a beer and some food. You eventually refused and that is very sad and a blemish on your reputation my friend.

Personally I think you are looking a laughing stock have told you I was on the pitch. I was talking to the Probus manager and the ref' ON the pitch when someone from your side came and told the ref' what was happening at the changing rooms. If need be I will ask the ref' to confirm this.

I sincerely hope I don't read anything threatening in what you have said here. If there is I shall consider a report to the Duchy League. In fact; consider it done already.

Oh and by the way; I am not Saint's manager, never have been and never will be. I believe you should reconsider what you have written so far. I have a feeling your keyboard is having rather a bad day.

I was going to stay off this subject! But Pablo Please,i watched this game and you are quite simply talking out of your arse!!

you either had your beer goggles on or have been misformed. your team are a bunch of thugs!! and what happened after the game was more like a bunch of play ground bullies!! im very happy i play in this side of junior football because the way we do things is, what happens on the pitch stays on the pitch!

i have been punched in the face before during a game and then afterwards the same man brought me a pint! the player that raised his arms was doing it in reaction to quite possibly one of the worst tackles i have seen! altho i do not condone his actions! i would personally not respond in that way and it was a little foolish! :SM_carton:

Nope sorry, wrong game mate. There was hardly a foul in the game until the second half. A Probus player was sent off for punching a Saints player during the second half. Simple isn't it!

I can confirm the ref's report also. Please continue ..... Or you could stay off the subject!

Whats going on with saints pablo? It is a big suprise to hear that you cant field a full side anymore. You boys were awsome last season, i know you lost the ames brothers, but when i watched you lot against St teath you were very impresive and had some good players and played some good football.

It s upsetting, Boosh. Part of the problem is the weather believe it or not. A large part of our side are in the building trade and with so much rain they are having to work Saturdays to keep up. We did eventually get eleven plus a sub on the itch but by then the damage had been done. Though the boys did pile on a lot of pressure in the second half, just couldn't make it pay. Our goal on that pitch was a beauty. I'd say it was between thirty and thirty-five yards and went in over the keepers head. The keeper saw it coming but still had no chance.

I wonder whose hands went up to try and save it then.

Look mate, we can go on like this indefinately but we aren't gonna agree so might as well leave it. As already pointed out we meet again in two weeks. Hopefully both sides will play the game and the best team will win.

Im sure the bodmin goal on saturday went down as an own goal??? didnt the probus player attempt to head the ball off the line and somehow managed to head it in to his own goal??????.... 30 yards?? pwaaahh!!

:clapper:

:thumbsup: ha! guess everyone has there own views! clearly your pretty certain about yours pablo!

On a positive note..... i thought the bodmin left winger looked pretty handy (although getting on abit) ... pi**ed all over the probus right back all day! . . . however.. slightly overshadowed by getting involved in the handbags at the end!

Maybe you would like to expand on the information imparted to you? Something you 'heard'. Hearsay can be dangerous in the wrong hands.

Okay, my final comment on the Saints v Probus game:

The game was played despite the atrocious conditions, tackles were mistimed on both sides. No Probus player was fouled intentionally, there were no intentional fouls by Probus either as far as I know. One Probus player did eventually decide he would punch a Saints player and he was sent off and rightly so. The game was then completed without further incident. I have no idea what happened outside the changing rooms as I have already said above. I'm told a Saints player punched a Probus player and I have no reason to disbelieve it.

So, all you who want to stir this up more than need be should keep quiet, unless you know exactly what happened. repeating gossip is pathetic. If you weren't there; stay out of it.

I'm not certain about Longdown; he is either the player who was sent off; or an ex Bodmin Saint. I'm going for the second choice.

As far as i know the referee's report should cover anything else. It will reveal that neither the Probus manager or myself were near the changing rooms. We were both still on the pitch with him while the second incident was happening.

Okay, now I have heard more about this. No Probus player was attacked at the end of the game. One of our guys did pursue a player who had struck him while the game was on but he was stopped by our own players.

Now for any of you who want to continue slurring a good football club; please continue but with facts.

I repeat: no Saints player hit a Probus player. One Probus player did hit a Saints player! I would suggest this be left alone now.