Cornwall Football Forum

mining league results 21/11/ 9

GWINEAR CHURCHTOWN 6 - 1 TREVENSON

GOOD GAME OF FOOTBALL , JUST LOKE TO SAY WELL DONE JOE FARRELL ON HIS RETURN FROM A DOUBLE FRACTOR OPENED THE SCORING , GREAT TO HAVE YOU BACK JOE :drink: MOTM MARK HALLIDAY WAS BOSS MANS PICK TODAY OUT OF SOME VERY GOOD PERFORMANCES . :thumbsup:

GWINS SCORERS JOE FARRELL

CAM IRISH 2

RYAN TURNER

BARNABY DAGGER

OWN GOAL

gwinear ct 6 trevenson 1

good game of football considering conditions both teams battled to the end, trevenson gave away sloppy goals. and gwin took chances well.But it was all spoilt after final whistle when trevenson manager knocked the ref to the floor :o , just no need of this in any level of football!!!!!!Ref,dont know his name had a good game and refed well :thumbsup: .very sad day, hope the ref is ok and continues to ref matches because they dont deserve this treatment!!!

goals for gwi:-

ry turner

barney dagger

cam irish 2

joe farrell

and peach og

thanks for the game look forward to the next one. :drink:

gwinear ct 6 trevenson 1

good game of football considering conditions both teams battled to the end, trevenson gave away sloppy goals. and gwin took chances well.But it was all spoilt after final whistle when trevenson manager knocked the ref to the floor :o , just no need of this in any level of football!!!!!!Ref,dont know his name had a good game and refed well :thumbsup: .very sad day, hope the ref is ok and continues to ref matches because they dont deserve this treatment!!!

goals for gwi:-

ry turner

barney dagger

cam irish 2

joe farrell

and peach og

thanks for the game look forward to the next one. :drink:

You r right but are manager after the game ask the ref when walking down to the changing rooms what did you book my player for he said get out of my way and called are manager names then hit him with his flag poles

so I know what you say is right but the ref cant hit managers or players and get away with it

:o Mining 3

St Buryan 6-2 Gulval res

Result gives you a clue on gulvals performance! The week off has really broken our momentum, but take nothing away from st buryan they deserved the win. Buryan came out of the blocks fast and furious, which was our plan.They took the lead after 5 mins, a well worked goal down their right hand side with a cross that the forward tucked away.We never really got to grips with their energy and determination. Chas pearce fashioned a chance out of nothing only to see his shot hit the outside of the post. Buryan kept plugging away and was rewarded when the defence failed to clear and they poked it home! :angry2: . Not long after, the ball went down their left, the cross was put in only for a penalty to be given for handball against our centre back, who jumped to block, not even looking at the ball? a bit harsh i feel, but that is football :glare: keeper was unlucky not to save it.

H/T 3-0

After stern words at half time, gulval decided to come out and conceed another early goal, 4-0, 50 mins played! We was a little better 2nd half, but conceeding another on the hour mark was enough to really kill any chance.Some rare passing football from gulval resulted in chas pearce pulling a goal back. Going 3 at the back gave buryan a little more to think about up top. Parky was pulled down in the box, he got up to take the pen, but tamely placed it for the keeper to save :angry: . Some meaty tackles flowed from both sides as the pitch started to cut up, gulval tossed in a speculative cross for parky to head in at the near post ( def hand ball ). St buryan then went on and got another as we pushed on, although we all thought the ball had gone out for a goal kick :SM_carton: . GAME OVER.

Our keeper today was awsome ( believe it or not ) only one to hold his head up.

Well done to St Buryan, good hard game with no complaints!

Look forward to the return game.............

Yeah, Gulval 1st team lost to Illogan 4-1. Good hard contest from what i hear.

Gulval 1 Illogan res 4

I dont know about anyone else but when you go to Gulval you always get a game, yes we won 1 - 4 but we were made to work hard for it. No disrespect but I didnt think we were going to lose today & I dont think one player can be offside so many times, but I 'm not slagging the officials, we always looked in control but Gulval have a never say die attitude down there. Nice to see my old mate Mike aka the general.

Illogan Scorers

Ian C

D Thomas

R Treloar 1

A Callaoway 1

Now we're top of the tree by 3 pts, I think, with Robartes having games in hand. Now things are getting interesting. Junior cup for us next week, .....oh come on you Baggies........

RESUDGEON 2 GOONHAVERN 0

WELL APART FROM WIND WEATHER ENDED UP OK, WITH THE ODD RAY OF SUNSHINE, SHAME WE COULDN'T SAY SAME, ONCE AGAIN WE LET OURSELVES DOWN AND IM GETTING CHEESED OFF WITH US BEING SO INCONSISTANT!!!!!! :angry: AFTER LAST WEEK WHERE WE FOUGHT HARD AND GOT A DRAW AGAINST PERRANPORTH :D

RESUDGEON DESERVED WIN WITH A TIDY FIRST GOAL AND A CRACKER OF SECOND, WE HAD COUPLE OF CHANCES BUT THEIR KEEPER PULLED OFF 2 CRACKING SAVES AND WAS SAVED BY POST FOR ONE AND THAT WAS THE STORY FOR US, BUT TAKE NOTHING AWAY FROM THE REST OF TEAM WHO PLAYED WELL TO TAKE THE WIN,.

HOPEFULLY WHEN THEY COME TO GOONHAVERN WE WILL PUT UP MORE OF A FIGHT, GOOD BUNCH OF LADS WHO PUT ON GOOD HOSPITALITY ALTHOUGH................................. WE DID WIN MAN OF THE MATCH PINT DRINKING :drink: , LOL.

GOOD LUCK FOR REST OF SEASON EXCEPT WHEN YOU COME TO US. LOL

TO YOU BERTIE TO ADD ................

Gwinear .v. Trevenson Utd.

I have been asked by our club secretary to put a few words on here with reference to a post-match incident at the above game, before rumours begin to harm the character of the individuals involved.

Only 5 people ( 4 from Trevenson, 1 from Gwinear ) were witness to our manager asking the ref why our striker was carded towards the end of the game. The referee wouldn't give a straight answer to this question and when attempting to pass our manager, used the end of his linesman flags to strike our manager below the belt. In a gut reaction, our manager flung an arm out and happened to hit the official in the face causing him to go to ground. This was the end of it. The ref was helped up and to the changing rooms.

Everyone associated with Trevenson FC would like to wish the referee a speedy recovery, especially our 1st team manager who I know for a fact is very distraught by the whole situation.

It is hoped that players, officials and spectators will treat the return fixture in the way it is intented, a competitive but fair game of football that can be enjoyed by all involved.

Finally we bounce back!

Don't need to say much as *Roy Keane is god* summed it all up. Although the ball never went out for our last goal but then your second was a dubious one, our lino said he couldn't make the call for the hand ball :blink: ????? But for sure it was a good game as condition's set it up for some cracking tackles!

Good to have our striker back as he tucked (like what i did there) away a hatrick :drink:. Also a big well done to Craig our new man in charge, who from the word go did a great job today. Not sure about the Ref though? Dont get me wrong i'm very pleased we had one but he seemed like he didn't want to be there, what with him getting irrate and swearing his face off :SM_carton: to me and Gulval skipper, all that because of a couple of late knock's no malice in the tackles just both teams doing what was needed. Their pen was soft also, still not sure where the push was involved but hey ho our new man between the sticks did the job spot on :yahoo: .

Many thanks go to Geoff Preece who resigned last week, he's done a great job over many seasons and will be missed but he felt the time was right to leave. Cheers Geoff :c: .

Buryan goal scorers

I Tucker 3

J Ninnis

D Mitchell pen

M Grenfell

and a great pen save from Scotty.

Look forward to the return too.

So just to get this right, the ref at the Gwinear game is approached by a manger to give an explanation that he does not have to give as it will be in his report. I accidentally hit in the face and knocked to the ground. Needs help to get to the changing room and you think a third hand explanation on here will be an end to it?

Don't think so Damo No 2.

Just need to qualify my remarks. It was my brother that was attacked in a game by a Sennen player. If you don't like the decision, appeal, that is your forum for response.

I only hope the ref is OK.

No complaints about todays fixture, Baggie just about sums it up. Just a point on Illogan when they were good they were too good. Maybe overcomplicated it and we got very lucky as our stand in keeper had a blinder.

We had a couple of chances late on hitting a post and a great save by the Illogan keeper and could have got it to 3-3 which would have flattered us.

Illogan always had a bit in th etank though and took the points rightly. For our part rest assured Robartes we never gave anything away.

Just a note Mr Pitt and Mt Calloway in my mind were very good. Clever players on a level above the rest.

As for Baggie, you had a good game mate. Not a foot wrong!

:clapper:

So just to get this right, the ref at the Gwinear game is approached by a manger to give an explanation that he does not have to give as it will be in his report. I accidentally hit in the face and knocked to the ground. Needs help to get to the changing room and you think a third hand explanation on here will be an end to it?

Don't think so Damo No 2.

Just need to qualify my remarks. It was my brother that was attacked in a game by a Sennen player. If you don't like the decision, appeal, that is your forum for response.

I only hope the ref is OK.

Yes you are right but why should the ref hit out and get away with it

I CAN ASSURE YOU MIKE THAT I DIDN'T MENTION THE INCIDENT IN MY EARLIER POST BECAUSE IN ALL MY YEARS IN FOOTBALL THAT WAS BY FAR THE MOST SAD EVENT I'VE BEEN INVOLVED IN , I WAS BY NO MEANS PLAYING THE INCEDENT DOWN BY EDMITTING IT FROM MY POST. I DIDN'T MENTION IT BECAUSE IT WILL BE DEALT WITH PROPERLY I'M SURE , JUST GLAD MY BOY STAYED HOME TODAY . SOUNDS LIKE YOU BOYS GAVE ILLOGAN A GOOD GAME WELL DONE BUD.

RESUDGEON 2 GOONHAVERN 0

WELL APART FROM WIND WEATHER ENDED UP OK, WITH THE ODD RAY OF SUNSHINE, SHAME WE COULDN'T SAY SAME, ONCE AGAIN WE LET OURSELVES DOWN AND IM GETTING CHEESED OFF WITH US BEING SO INCONSISTANT!!!!!! :angry: AFTER LAST WEEK WHERE WE FOUGHT HARD AND GOT A DRAW AGAINST PERRANPORTH :D

RESUDGEON DESERVED WIN WITH A TIDY FIRST GOAL AND A CRACKER OF SECOND, WE HAD COUPLE OF CHANCES BUT THEIR KEEPER PULLED OFF 2 CRACKING SAVES AND WAS SAVED BY POST FOR ONE AND THAT WAS THE STORY FOR US, BUT TAKE NOTHING AWAY FROM THE REST OF TEAM WHO PLAYED WELL TO TAKE THE WIN,.

HOPEFULLY WHEN THEY COME TO GOONHAVERN WE WILL PUT UP MORE OF A FIGHT, GOOD BUNCH OF LADS WHO PUT ON GOOD HOSPITALITY ALTHOUGH................................. WE DID WIN MAN OF THE MATCH PINT DRINKING :drink: , LOL.

Thanks Redrum...

After all the pre-match talk...again we put in a Jekkyl and Hide performance......totally inept...throughout the game allowed the conditions and oppenents dictate and never responded like we know we should off...Darren our centre half goalkeeper did a great job...and couldn't be faulted for both goals...never a position I would put my hand up to....we had our chances and the result could off been different if a little luck was on our side...but Rosudgeon wanted it a little more today...and deserved the points...

At least I won the football card draw...(if in doubt...pick Ipswich Town!!)...which certainly made up for the awful display I put in today.....well below my usual standard....now onto St Buryan...and they had a great result against Gulval....so not to be taken lightly...

another result...

Mining 1

Goonhavern 1sts 3 - 2 Halsetown

Hopefully details to follow......anyone?

RESUDGEON 2 GOONHAVERN 0

Thanks Redrum...

After all the pre-match talk...again we put in a Jekkyl and Hide performance......totally inept...throughout the game allowed the conditions and oppenents dictate and never responded like we know we should off...Darren our centre half goalkeeper did a great job...and couldn't be faulted for both goals...never a position I would put my hand up to....we had our chances and the result could off been different if a little luck was on our side...but Rosudgeon wanted it a little more today...and deserved the points...

At least I won the football card draw...(if in doubt...pick Ipswich Town!!)...which certainly made up for the awful display I put in today.....well below my usual standard....now onto St Buryan...and they had a great result against Gulval....so not to be taken lightly...

another result...

Mining 1

Goonhavern 1sts 3 - 2 Halsetown

Hopefully details to follow......anyone?

hey bertie, its a TEAM effort mate and as a team, the effort was not there again!!!

Gulval 1 Illogan res 4

I dont know about anyone else but when you go to Gulval you always get a game, yes we won 1 - 4 but we were made to work hard for it. No disrespect but I didnt think we were going to lose today & I dont think one player can be offside so many times, but I 'm not slagging the officials, we always looked in control but Gulval have a never say die attitude down there. Nice to see my old mate Mike aka the general.

Illogan Scorers

Ian C

D Thomas

R Treloar 1

A Callaoway 1

Now we're top of the tree by 3 pts, I think, with Robartes having games in hand. Now things are getting interesting. Junior cup for us next week, .....oh come on you Baggies........

Great result down their baggie always difficult as we all know. looking forward to seeing you on the 12th of december mate arthur pearce this time i get the chance to play against the favourites wish you well mate and lets hope we get a game of golf in soon lol

Finally we bounce back!

Don't need to say much as *Roy Keane is god* summed it all up. Although the ball never went out for our last goal but then your second was a dubious one, our lino said he couldn't make the call for the hand ball :blink: ????? But for sure it was a good game as condition's set it up for some cracking tackles!

Good to have our striker back as he tucked (like what i did there) away a hatrick :drink:. Also a big well done to Craig our new man in charge, who from the word go did a great job today. Not sure about the Ref though? Dont get me wrong i'm very pleased we had one but he seemed like he didn't want to be there, what with him getting irrate and swearing his face off :SM_carton: to me and Gulval skipper, all that because of a couple of late knock's no malice in the tackles just both teams doing what was needed. Their pen was soft also, still not sure where the push was involved but hey ho our new man between the sticks did the job spot on :yahoo: .

Many thanks go to Geoff Preece who resigned last week, he's done a great job over many seasons and will be missed but he felt the time was right to leave. Cheers Geoff :c: .

Buryan goal scorers

I Tucker 3

J Ninnis

D Mitchell pen

M Grenfell

and a great pen save from Scotty.

Look forward to the return too.

i agree with the ref part bud, apparently the ref offered our skipper to stop the game when we was 3-0 down, cos he was fed up with the apparent grief? We thought the ref was from your village? No complaints from the gulval camp my friend!!

MINING DIV 2

ST JUST 2NDS 1 - 4 MADRON

GOALSCORERS: J MOONEY 1 DAN CHARMAN 1 NICK WEBBER 1 L MOONEY 1

GREAT RESULT IN THESE CONDITIONS ST JUST WILL GIVE ALL THE TOP TEAMS A RUN FOR THERE MONEY DOWN THERE GOOD LITTLE TEAM GOOD LUCK FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON BOYS

DAN CHARMAN ARE GOALIE SCORED FROM HIS OWN GOAL AREA BEEN AT MADRON 10 YEARS YOU ARE CLASS BIG MAN WELL DONE ALL MY LADS GREAT RESULT.

Goonhavern 1sts 3-2 Halsetown

Difficult conditions although both sides tried to get the ball down and play. Goonhavern took the lead when Kevin Tonkin headed in a Craig Brown delivery. Halsetown had the majority of the play towards the end of the half without creating too much. Halsetown equalised shortly after the break from a set piece of their own courtesy of an own goal - won't mention his name to save his blushes. Goonhavern restored their lead when Joe Carlyon scored from a direct free kick. Back came Halsetown who made it 2-2 from another set piece with their centre forward squeezing the ball underneath the keeper. Sam Waters scored the winner with about 15 to go, firing in from the edge of the box. The game threatened to get out of hand towards the end with a few players getting angry but nothing came of it. Thought it was well reffed and Goonhavern probably just about deserved their victory.

Rosudgeon Res 2 Goonhavern 0

A very good game considering the weather.Both teams tried to play on very windy day.

Rosudgeon played quite well without really coming out of 2nd gear.

The 1st goal came from some great football,With debutant Tony Adams knocking a sweet back-heel to Si Taylor which left the Goonhavern defence flat-footed,From there Si looked up and played a peach of a ball behind the back line for Jozzie to race onto and finish in usual 'Bent like' fashion.

The chances kept coming and in all fairness Goonhavern had there chances but a combination of great saves from Ozzie (2 of which were top top draw) and poor finishing kept them at bay.

The 2nd goal was a classic with Andrew Ozzard hitting a stunning half-volley from a full 35yrds straight in.

HT 2.O

Alot of credit has to go to Goonhavern who came out 2nd half and had real go which shows real spirit.But it was'nt there day in front of goal.

There was always the feeling that if needed we could raise it.But the backline were in top form with Simon'Arnie'Tiddy in superb form.

All the best to Goonhavern who did win the pint race and footie card in the club :clapper:

they seem like a top bunch of lads :c:

As for Rosudgeon the squads gettng stronger and closer each week and the belief within the lads is top-notch.

Man of the match:Simon Tiddy

Donkey:Mr Taylor :o

Guest honest joe

Goonhavern 1sts 3-2 Halsetown

Difficult conditions although both sides tried to get the ball down and play. Goonhavern took the lead when Kevin Tonkin headed in a Craig Brown delivery. Halsetown had the majority of the play towards the end of the half without creating too much. Halsetown equalised shortly after the break from a set piece of their own courtesy of an own goal - won't mention his name to save his blushes. Goonhavern restored their lead when Joe Carlyon scored from a direct free kick. Back came Halsetown who made it 2-2 from another set piece with their centre forward squeezing the ball underneath the keeper. Sam Waters scored the winner with about 15 to go, firing in from the edge of the box. The game threatened to get out of hand towards the end with a few players getting angry but nothing came of it. Thought it was well reffed and Goonhavern probably just about deserved their victory.

Well Reffed ?? depends if you can count the blatent barge in the back on the Halsetown striker in the penalty area, the ref put the whistle in his mouth then realised it was in the area and bottled it. The ref hardly moved from the centre circle so missed a lot of decissions for both teams giving a few throws against the lino's, not sure what he saw. The game i thought was fairly well competed and although i am Halsetown i feel we deserved a draw. We struggled to keep the ball and with our 25 goal scoring forward missing struggled to take our chances. Missing our skipper in the centre makes a difference but they will both be back next week.

Well Reffed ?? depends if you can count the blatent barge in the back on the Halsetown striker in the penalty area, the ref put the whistle in his mouth then realised it was in the area and bottled it. The ref hardly moved from the centre circle so missed a lot of decissions for both teams giving a few throws against the lino's, not sure what he saw.

So, missed decisions for BOTH teams, Therefore was consistent, therefore was fair, therefore the game was well reffed?. :unsure:

TFC n09 that award & many others is more than justified, can say myself only one thing, had the pleasure of being reffed by Paul last season, gentleman & most importantly in control of the game with some refs ive had this season i wish hed be appointed to my match every week. Pat is right tfc Trevenson is a nice club with lots of teams my lad played there 6 years ago under a certain Dan Inch, as a coach & person he is bloody spot on with both, & he wont thank me probably for saying it but lots of their success started back with him & another guy Keith, let alone all the other youth teams that have seen the likes of our Jack Stockers Mamsy Sabu & Dom batchelor & more. Incidents happen in football, they do with me every week :yahoo: but on the serious side let the c.c.f.a. sort it out. As for Paul hope you are fixtured & reffing this week, Incidently Paul have you ever been to Camborne or more importantly Arkrights just behind their is little wembley :lol::lol: :lol:

Guest Stretch

As being present at the game between gwinear Vs Trevenson. I feel the ref especially in the second half had a large chip on his shoulder.

People who were not present seem to be writing comments about the trevenson manager. when for one the act was in self defence and for two, it was more of a thrust to the never regions than a poke. ok he didn't have to give a explanation for his decisions but he could of been a bit more polite rather than abrupt. I feel there are two sides to this story and the trevenson manager is being made to look bad, because of lack of details from the referee and so call witnesses sides.

Trevenson are a fair playing side and a good bunch of lads and i hope teams who have played us can back that up.

As being present at the game between gwinear Vs Trevenson. I feel the ref especially in the second half had a large chip on his shoulder.

People who were not present seem to be writing comments about the trevenson manager. when for one the act was in self defence and for two, it was more of a thrust to the never regions than a poke. ok he didn't have to give a explanation for his decisions but he could of been a bit more polite rather than abrupt. I feel there are two sides to this story and the trevenson manager is being made to look bad, because of lack of details from the referee and so call witnesses sides.

Trevenson are a fair playing side and a good bunch of lads and i hope teams who have played us can back that up.

trevenson are a fair playing team dont think anybody is saying any different, other than tfc9 who does nt know what he is talking about!!!!! But as for making the manager look bad, i think he done a pretty good job of that his self. but that is for the f a to decide. People will ask questions on here and add pieces of info that aint true and some info that is true.Like yourself stretch!!

trevenson are a fair playing team dont think anybody is saying any different, other than tfc9 who does nt know what he is talking about!!!!! But as for making the manager look bad, i think he done a pretty good job of that his self. but that is for the f a to decide. People will ask questions on here and add pieces of info that aint true and some info that is true.Like yourself stretch!!

Lino cheers no problem with Trevenson what so ever, i used to play for them and dont have a bad word to say about the club, the point i was gettin at is that what happened is not a great thing for the club- no1 could say they would like the manager of their 1st team going out doing things like that it just looks bad even if it didnt happen the way reported as Stretch said 2 sides to every story.