Cornwall Football Forum

Mystery of the Missing Points

Well, the mystifying home form of Truro City continued in the cold wind and rain; Halesowen -- the Yeltz -- took all three points with a 2-1 victory. Taylor scored our goal; they got their first one from a penalty.

And on that subject, apparently several iffy decisions went against the home side, including the sending off of Adams and a "nailed on" hauling down of Afful that wasn't called.

No attendance figure yet.

ROLL ON

Well, the mystifying home form of Truro City continued in the cold wind and rain; Halesowen -- the Yeltz -- took all three points with a 2-1 victory. Taylor scored our goal; they got their first one from a penalty.

And on that subject, apparently several iffy decisions went against the home side, including the sending off of Adams and a "nailed on" hauling down of Afful that wasn't called.

No attendance figure yet.

ROLL ON

According to Zamaretto league results att was 429 :thumbsup:

Guest Peppermint

If you look at the league table and take in to consideration that Halesowen have had 10 points deducted for being in administration then if that deduction had not taken place Truro's opponents would be in third position in the table.

Truro are just out of the play off places but obviously can improve on that and I am sure they will put a run together and move up into the play offs.

Taking all that into consideration then yesterday's result was not as unexpected as some people may have thought and City had the handicap of playing some of the game with ten men.

If you look at the league table and take in to consideration that Halesowen have had 10 points deducted for being in administration then if that deduction had not taken place Truro's opponents would be in third position in the table.

Truro are just out of the play off places but obviously can improve on that and I am sure they will put a run together and move up into the play offs.

Taking all that into consideration then yesterday's result was not as unexpected as some people may have thought and City had the handicap of playing some of the game with ten men.

65 min with ten men mate ,one of the worse decisions i have seen for years,not even a yellow card,him and the linesmens were hopeless,but there you go next week we might get them going are way. :drink:

Guest Peppermint

I did not realise that it was over an hour with only ten men - very frustrating when there is an injustice.

Never mind Truro's Mr M - hopefully things will even out and City will get a bit of good luck and I am sure Truro will be at least in the play off positions by the end of the season.

Looking at your squad I would think with a good run of results City are more than capable of getting into the top two or three or maybe top. Good luck for the rest of the season.

Anyway, just to clear up something for you Xembla, the goal was scored by Les Afful, it was a cross from Andy Taylor.

So it was! My mistake :(

It's true that Halesowen must have a strong squad and are a (or would be a) strong contender for the playoffs themselves, but it does seem City ought to get more out of these home matches. I know there's an argument to be made that if our away form is like others' home record, then what's the difference, but we have a stretch of mid-week away games that are going to be taxing and draining. We've been telling ourselves all season that with our squad we ought to be in the playoff places, etc, etc., but unless we want some late season heroics, it'll be sort of important to stay within striking distance of the top . . .

Couple of points:

I have to be honest and say I wasn't surprised at the sending off. Disappointed, yes, but not surprised. It was in the area where I was standing and I winced. It was a bit reckless and studs were showing. If it had been done to one of ours we'd have been screaming "off, off" and let's not pretend otherwise. The stupid thing is why do a challenge like that in your opponents half where there isn't any real danger.

Also while another home defeat is disappointing the truth is that we're now playing on a more level playing field. The last three seasons we've been the big bully in the playground, especially in the Western Leagues, but now we're in with teams who are as big and ugly as we are - many have good budgets, many have experienced ex-league players as we saw on Saturday and they're all as fit as we are and so don't tend to run out of puff as the game goes on. What we're seeing now is 'normal' football unlike the multi goal thrashings we were dishing out in the lower leagues. To be honest I'm enjoying this level of football more than I enjoyed us walloping some poor saps by double figures.

I think it was Jake Ash who was quoted at the start of the season saying that we'd have to get used to losing more games than we had been. I just don't think he meant we'd be losing them all at home!