Cornwall Football Forum

poppy appeal!

Guest Rob P aka class of 93

according to the daily mail today liverpool and man utd will not be showing their respect and having a poppy embroidered on the players shirts for this weeks games,shame on you!maybe we wont be so respectful when the anniversary of hillsboro or munich come around? :SM_carton:

I Saw the article saying they wouldnt be wearing poppies on there shirts due to them being red what a poor excuse they could both use there changed strip every team in the league should have to wear poppies to show there respect for the soldiers who are still getting killed in this unessary war which we should never of got involved in but thats politics what a waste of young lives .Anyway they sure respect for trgedies they should show respect to our lads dying and the men who lost there lives in the war . :c:

just heard all about this on Talksport.

clubs were given the choice I understand. I think people will have different opinions on it. Me personally, I think that both clubs should have gone with the embroidery, but I'm not going to get upset about it that they haven't.

If this world is relying on football to get the message of the Poppy appeal across, then we seriously need to get priorities changed.

RIP to all those that have lost their lives in war over the years

http://www.clickliverpool.com/sport/liverp...-day-storm.html

i think its just liverpool and man u in the prem not doing the poppy thing,QPR and Derby did it a few weeks back and auctioned off the shirts after the game and raised a few thousand pounds for the poppy appeal,if everyone else did that think of the money that could be raised ?