Nanpean Rovers 1 Elburton Villa 3

Polperro 0 St Blazey 1

Roche 2 Camelford 0

St Columb Major 0 Millbrook 3

St Dennis 5 Plymstock United 2

St Dominick 4 Holsworthy 2

Unbelievable performance from David Grose for st dennis today

Why not tell us more please?

Dave (Monkey) Grose, has been on the fringe of the side really but has had some really good games when given a chance, he had 2 really good games back to back earlier in the season and was establishing himself a regular place but then went on holiday so had to start all over again. Today he got a start at centre half and won everything, made some excellent well timed challenges, anticipated well, got in front of their forwards to win the ball and did stuff simple once he had it. Makes it really difficult as we have 5 centre half's battling it out for 2 spots.

Today was probably one of our better performances against a very good Plymstock side who will be in the reckoning at the end of the season, they have a really quick skillful chap wide on the right who caused us all sorts of problems.

Another win for Probus it may have been and in fairness they are a strong, physical outfit with two very lively strikers, who took their chances when they came.

But it was a day when everything went wrong for us!! :(

As our 2nd team didn't have a game I took their leading goalscorer Graham Galway on the bench to give him a taste of being with the 1st team and also GK Tony Rawlings as a precaution cause first choice keeper Craig Howells was already nursing a dead leg from last week.....It was just as well I did.

The tale of woe was as follows:

Our main striker Dan Pethick got himself a straight red after five minutes for an overzealous challenge (although not malicious) on the half way line. He actually won the ball, but his trailing leg was high and caught the Probus lad shin high causing a nasty gash....Ref had no option. :SM_carton:

Despite going down to 10 men, we were holding our own with Dan Follett and Mike Curtis in particular causing problems for the Probus defence , although they were very dangerous on the break and also causing problems from a series of corners and free kicks.

Probus took the lead when they siezed on a half hit clearance and we were slow to close down the eventual shot from the edge of the box....0-1

We were still prominant going forward, but unfortunately our best player up to the that point (Mike Curtis), twisted his knee tackling back and couldn't continue....Time for Graham Galway to enter the fray as a lone striker with us now chasing the game and already starting to tire....Not an ideal situation to make your debut... :o

Craig Howells then pulled off two fantastic saves, but in making the second, he dislocated his finger for the 2nd time this month and although we went into the break only one down, he couldn't continue and had to be replaced at half time...

We rallied in at the beginning of the 2nd half and had Probus penned back for long periods without creating many clear cut chances and they were still causing us problems on the counter.

It felt like it was gonna take something out of the ordinary to get us back in the game, and it came when Darren Smalley burst through from RB, cut inside and hit a screamer into the top corner from 25-30 yards... :yahoo:

Then inexplicably having striven so hard to get back in the game we switched off as though we felt we had done all the hard work and were once again slow to react to a ball headed back across the face of our goal and the Probus No. 14 ghosted in unmarked at the far post to head them back in front... :angry:

We went with three at the back for the final 15-20 minutes in a 3-4-2 formation, but captain Will Westlake was the next casualty, getting caught on the side of the knee, and he spent the last 10 minutes up front as a virtual passenger.

Lee Howells made a great run from CD, linking up with Graham Galway on the edge of the box, but he mishit his shot pulling his groin in the process and Probus siezed on our misfortune to break down our right with Lee Howells stranded up field and a pin point cross was once again headed in by the Probus No. 14 unmarked at the far post... :angry:

Final score 1-3

On reflection Probus just about deserved their win, whilst my lads can take great credit for their work rate, effort and commitment for having to play 85 minutes with 10 men and finishing the game with only 8 fit players.....11 v 11 for the full ninety and it might have been different, but that's what you get for having one of your players getting needlessly sent off... :unsure:

We'll have to patch up the walking wounded and nurse them through training cause it's St Stephen away next week and another physical battle awaits I'm sure!!!...

CoachKT

I have just read your match report and it was spot on I think if things went a tadge better on the day the result may of been different I`m not saying youwould have won but a draw would of been a fair result. But football is sometimes a bitch and can be cruel.

thank you for all the hospitallity and the best after match food I have had all season. :drink: :smiley20:

Hi Goodsense,

Glad you enjoyed the food.

Have to say that in the past we haven't always had the rub of the green when you have been in charge, but credit where it's due and you reffed the game very well yesterday and like I said before, you had no other option with the red card.

Best wishes for the rest of the season....we'll make sure to let our 'chef' know next time you come back to Berey!!! :D

Eight goal 'thriller' up at morwenstow in a keenly contested game

Sticker goalscorers, alex woodcock (from 25 yards), jack walker (solo effort ran from inside own half and hit in from 20 yards), chris Kitson and andrew avery (towering header).

dissapointing to score 4 away from home and not take all 3 points but a whole hearted performance from sticker.

Thank you for your kind words CoachKT Yes we may not of seen eye to eye on a few things in the past but let me once again say I really enjoyed my afternonn at Bere Alston for all the right reasons And other than the red Card (which had to be ) i thought we might of got away with out any more cards ( but well done to Lee for excepting his yellow gracfully) . This is down to both sides playing football in the right manner and all credit to yourself and the Probus Manament team for producing two teams that are a Credit to the ECPL . On your display I believe that you have a good side there ( save injuries ) and should be okay for the rest of the season.

Thanks once again good luck during the rest of the season and hope to see you again in the future.

goodsense (Ian)

Just thought i would write and say that St. Columb Majors 3-0 defeat to Millbrook, was a very spirited performance, they have come in for a lot of stick over the season, with some heavy scorelines, but their attitude and performance shocked Millbrook. They were expecting a easy game and St. Columb had their chances and should have come away with at least a point, but credit to Millbrook, they took their chances and goals win games, but lets hope that St Columb keeps their heads up, and if not win or draw, make the games as competitive as they can. :c: