Cornwall Football Forum

Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur

Mangle

Are you writing because you're concerned?. :unsure:

Surely you could both have saved yourself the time it took to write each post?. :unsure:

Afterall, you're the team that is one of the mighty "top 4", You're the team that's at home, You're the team that plays the best football in the land, You're the team that is oh so much more successful than your adopted North London rivals, therefore you're the team that's going to win this game and get all 3 points after a comfortable victory. Aren't you?. :unsure: .. Surely you are? :rolleyes: ..

You're expected to win it, you think you'll win it, I've NO DOUBT whatsoever you'll be on here bleating about it WHEN you do win it (WHEN = because there's no doubt, is there?)..

Let's hope you're still above us after you've played Liverpool, Chelsea and Man Utd?.

It's NO surprise that you're already shouting from the roof tops about this game though. Afterall, the ONLY thing you and your fellow supporters have to look forward to these days is any possible victory over your old local rivals, silverware appears to be out of the question. ;)

Good luck at the weekend :c:

OH, 1 last thing. I'm working on Saturday, so WHEN Spurs lose, I will not be conspicuous by my absense, or pathetically hiding, as I'm sure those of you somewhat 'intellectually challenged' Gooners will suggest. I'll get on here at the earliest possible opportunity to take all the BANTER coming my way. :thumbsup:

I thought last year that Spurs had the best chance for a long time to beat the Arsenal. From what I recall, they never looked like beating us in either game. They were what I would say “lucky” to have gotten the 4-4 draw at the Emirates. Bentley’s long range effort could have gone anywhere, and on the day, it found the net. We all know he doesn’t do that often (that’s why he hardly ever starts for you lot) so hence the “lucky” remark. The last goal was a touch fortuitous as I recall too (and in added time). Where as all the Arsenal goals ever scored (ever) are works of art and masterpieces. Then we gave you a man advantage at WHL, but you still didn’t look like winning (although we did, strangely, away from home and with 10 men).

So, this year, although Spurs are going well, I still look at the Spurs defense as being the weak point, and Arsenal’s record of scoring this year at home is brilliant, so I’m not worried at all.

Happy working Coopsie, I’ll be plowing a lonely furrow along the line again I expect…..

So, this year, although Spurs are going well, I still look at the Spurs defense as being the weak point, and Arsenal’s record of scoring this year at home is brilliant, so I’m not worried at all.

Happy working Coopsie, I’ll be plowing a lonely furrow along the line again I expect…..

Mangle mate, you KEEP going on about Spurs' defence as the weak point. Yet so far Arse-anal have let in 13 goals, whereas Spurs have let in 14 goals and played a game more, with 3 of the 10 games we've played being against Chelsea, Man Utd and Liverpool..

So I'm still failing to see how your defence is superior to ours?.

As for the lonely furrow you'll be plowing along the line, enjoy it while it lasts buddy :c:

A point is a good result for us. I can't see either side keeping a clean sheet on current form so 1-1 would do nicely. Without the lil 'uns Defoe Modric and Lennon our game play will be drastically different then the away displays at Hull for example. If Crouch makes it then the focus will be Bentley (trying) to pick him out. If not it'll be Pav and Keane....god help us!

COYS

FOYG

I didn't realise that.

Away wins at Hull (5-1), West Ham (2-1 :thumbsup: ), Portsmouth (2-1)..Draw at Bolton (2-2)... Only away loss came at Stamford Bridge, with Chelsea winning 3-0...

Unfortunately, after losses at home consisting of 3-1 to Man Utd and 1-0 to stoke, our home form is only on a par with mid table standard.. But still, with only 3 losses after 10 games at the start of this season, compared to TWO POINTS after 8 games at the start of last season, I think it's fair to say that we're heading in the right direction, no matter what the result is at the weekend..

Records will count for sod-all on Saturday.

I think you'll find, if you look at Mangle's signature (which you're all so proud of), it appears that records count for everything!!!

I’m not very good at making my point Coopsie. I’d never have made a teacher. Anyway, what I’m trying to say…….

“The best form of defense is attack”. Spurs have amassed a splendid mix of attacking options to score goals against their opponents. With the well known striker-force Redknapp has available, backed by (when fit) the likes of Modric, Palacios, Lennon etc, you are always going to be a threat going forward. Now, in a lot of games, your attacking prowess will aid your defense in that the opposition will be too consumed by your attacking options to worry your goal! I think that all your outfield players have scored this season already, haven’t they?

However, I do not rate the players Spurs have in defense as being a great line-up (apart from the 2 goalkeepers who I do rate highly), and therefore my “worry” for them is that should a team find itself pressurising Spurs, then a goal is always “likely”.

So, if your attacking options are not working for whatever reason, for example, they are playing against a team with as good as or better attacking options, then I feel Spurs defensive weakness will show up.

You have only kept 1 clean sheet this year so far (the 5-0 home drubbing of Burnley - a team that has an away record of played 5, lost 5, scored 2, conceded 17).

I am not comparing your defense to that of the mighty Arsenal (by the way, home record is played 4, won 4, scored 17 conceded 4). I am trying to say that your defense is the weak-link in your team. I am not convinced that Spurs are a genuine top 4 side with that defense. Am I making a clear enough point yet? You know me, I’m not trying to say you’re crap (you are though!!) for the hell of it, I think the Spurs team is strong, and closing the gap on the very top of the league, but the defense needs bolstering to ensure a higher finish.

I am not happy with the Arsenal defense by the way. I don’t know what it is, but although I do rate the players, something is not quite right and we lose more goals than we should.

My prediction……..3-2, honest, I think we’ll win, but it’ll be a lively affair and I can see both teams scoring.

I am trying to say that your defense is the weak-link in your team. I am not convinced that Spurs are a genuine top 4 side with that defense.

Yet your team has conceded ONE goal less, in one game less, but you're convinced you are a genuine top 4 side with that defence?. :unsure:

I see the point you're trying to get across to me buddy. I just fail to see any solid foundation to the argument you're building when comparing each teams defensive record.. It's surely not inconcievable that when you play the game in hand you have over us, you'll concede the ONE goal that will put your defence on a level standing with Spurs' defence?. I mean let's face it, it's not Spurs that have been throwing away leads this season is it?. Let alone 2 goal cushions ;)

Some stats this season

Goals scored

Arsenal 29 Spurs 21

Goals conceded

Arsenal 13 Spurs 14

Clean Sheets

Arsenal 2 Spurs 1

Average goals scored

Arsenal 3.22 Spurs 2.10

Disciplinary

Arsenal 15Y, 0R Spurs 18Y, 1R

Half time league

Arsenal 19pts Spurs 16pts

Home League

Arsenal 12pts (4 games) Spurs 9pts (5 games)

Away league

Arsenal 7pts (5 games) Spurs 10pts (5 games)

Surely we can't lose (although, as you say, your away record is second to none).

Some stats this season

Goals scored

Arsenal 29 Spurs 21

Goals conceded

Arsenal 13 Spurs 14

Clean Sheets

Arsenal 2 Spurs 1

Average goals scored

Arsenal 3.22 Spurs 2.10

Disciplinary

Arsenal 15Y, 0R Spurs 18Y, 1R

Half time league

Arsenal 19pts Spurs 16pts

Home League

Arsenal 12pts (4 games) Spurs 9pts (5 games)

Away league

Arsenal 7pts (5 games) Spurs 10pts (5 games)

Surely we can't lose (although, as you say, your away record is second to none).

Arsenal opponents thus far = Everton, Portsmouth, Man Utd, Man City, Wigan, Fulham, Blackburn, Birmingham, West Ham..

Spurs opponents thus far = Liverpool, Hull, West Ham, Birmingham, Man Utd, Chelsea, Burnley, Bolton, Portsmouth, Stoke...

Arsenal 3-1 win over Birmingham.. Spurs 2-1 win over Birmingham

Arsenal 2-2 draw with West Ham Spurs 2-1 win over West Ham

Arsenal 2-1 loss against United Spurs 3-1 loss against United

Arsenal 4-1 win against Portsmouth Spurs 2-1 win over Portsmouth

So, against the SAME opponents, despite the goal difference, Spurs have amassed MORE POINTS than Arsenal. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it points that ultimately decide a teams final position, then goals conceded/scored come into the equation?.

Arsenal have lost against Man City and Man United. Spurs have lost against Man United, Chelsea and Stoke..

Arsenal have chalked up 3 more points at home than Spurs have, Spurs have chalked up 3 more points away from home than Arsenal have..

So perhaps if we are to take all of these stats into account (not that they count for sweet fa), we come to the conclusion that Spurs will win at your manor and you'll win at ours?.

You have to love this forum, Somersetspur was only on here last week saying how boring the forum had become and just reading the banter on this thread reminds me of exactly why i come on here

Fantastic :yahoo::yahoo:

I would love to comment on this game but for reasons i cannot go into im sorry but i just cannot bring myself to say who will win or who i would like to see win (Im sure you all understand) :D

Anita

I did think about it but i just cannot bring myself to do it seriously i can't

How would i sleep at night if i went public with who i wanted to win this game (Nope i cannot do it) :D

PM me then, i won't tell anyone, promise :rolleyes:

PM me ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

brilliant just brilliant :D:D

Coopsie my old mucca you crack me up :D:D

Ok im gonna go for a ?????????????????????

Draw 1 - 1

Coopsie my old mucca you crack me up :D:D

A certain level of sanity is required before one can be 'cracked up' Mr Boy ;):P

Mr Boy, your a chicken :P

Coopsie, your right it wouldn't be the same without you :thumbsup: but for 90 mins this afternoon (maybe a little longer) i'm not your friend :smiley20::D

You're safe young Anita. I'm off to work at 1pm, so I'll be absent for the whole afternoon.. Then I'm not too sure if I'll pop on here this evening because if I can avoid the score, I'll wait for Match Of The Day because it's so much better to watch that if you don't know the scores..

COYS

Why do people always assume supporters go into hiding when the team they support loses?.

Anyway, enough of that rubbish..

I just watched M.O.T.D, and guess what?. Spurs lost :o . Never saw that one coming :rolleyes: ..

Having not been able to see the whole game, and therefore being unable to make a proper judgement as to how the game went etc, I'll base my opinion on the clever editing of the M.O.T.D. and the opinions of the managers.

Well based upon the clever editing of M.O.T.D, I'm not able to give a FAIR assessment of the game because they never showed a single Spurs corner, shot, freekick, throwing or player spitting. Yet the stats tell a totally different story..

However, based upon what I did see, I have to say that I agree with both managers.. Redknapp said "All the goals were scandalous, there wasn't a good goal amongst them".... Wenger said, "Well it's a derby match, and it's about concentration, if you lose concentration in a derby match, you get punished"...

Fair enough, no complaints here. :c:

The silence is defeaning!

Coopsies at work and not coming on here untill after match of the day (see above somewhere) so we can let him off :D just this once mind :smiley20:

Thankyou for speaking up for me Anita. Afterall, I have been known to go into hiding when somebody has a pop at me or one of my clubs on here. :rolleyes::c:

The silence is defeaning!

And what should the supporters who were available to come on here and say something supposed to do?. Post a bunch of bullshit and then make it miraculously disappear when they are made to look like complete tool when things didn't turn out as they'd hoped or expected?. ;) :c:

I think I may have touched a raw nerve! :lol::lol::lol:

I've just found this on Sky Sports News. Who does Redknapp think he's kidding? I really had to laugh! :lol::lol::lol:

Asked if the defeat indicated a gap between the two teams, he said: "There is no gap between the clubs in my opinion.

I think "Old 'arry" needs to take a reality check!

"All the goals were scandalous, there wasn't a good goal amongst them"

Um yeah ok whatever. lol

Good or not they all count, don't they?

All 3 of them!

Yep, they absolutely do, and as I already said, NO COMPLAINTS FROM ME...

"All the goals were scandalous, there wasn't a good goal amongst them"

Um yeah ok whatever. lol

That opinion is based upon the fact that every goal was gifted to Arsenal by scandalously shocking lapses of concentration. Nothing taken away from the goals being taken well, just that they were all gifted.

Or did you see something different to the rest of the world?. :rolleyes:

Coopsie, I'm not trying to wind you up with this question.

I think Redknapp has done an incredible job over the last 12 months taking you from where you were to the position you are in today. From relegation candidates to the top 4 in that time is an achievement worthy of any manager. However, is he the man to take you on that final step to a solid top 4 Champions League team and title contenders? Personally, I have my doubts, as I see him as a manager who relys on the chequebook rather than building a team. I'm not looking for an argument, just an opinion!

Coopsie, I'm not trying to wind you up with this question.

I think Redknapp has done an incredible job over the last 12 months taking you from where you were to the position you are in today. However, is he the man to take you on that final step to a solid top 4 Champions League team and title contenders?

NO....