Cornwall Football Forum

Blazey v Bovey tracey

Unfortunatly I will miss this one due to two of us going up to watch the other love of our lives.

This in turn means the Blazey loyal behind the goal will be two down, so the lads will just have to sing louder to make up for us.

This is a great oppertunity to consolidate our place at the top of the pile.

Good luck to Hoops, Lafs and the boys, one eye will be on the game and the other on my mobile at the Hawthorns.

GREEN ARMY ! GREEN ARMY ! GREEN ARMY ! :yahoo::yahoo: :yahoo:

Guest Peppermint

Having looked at the League Website I notice that Bovey Tracey have the nickname of 'The Blues' but their playing strip is all red! Can anyone enlighten me about how their nickname is 'The Blues'.

I've seen somewhere else that nickname quoted as : "Moorlanders" :huh:

Just to confirm that above might be more accurate, the following extract is from a local paper:-

"THIS time last season a league game at St Blazey was the last thought for Bovey Tracey as they felt their way in the Peninsula League's Division One (East), having been elevated as champions of the South Devon League.

However, fast forward 12 months and it's exactly what player-manager Tom Kelly and his squad can look forward to tomorrow as the moorlanders look to build on last weekend's 3-0 win at home to Holsworthy.

The key to victory was the manner in which a re-shuffled back three of Cameron Kelly (Tom's son), Ben Head and Ben Robinson held firm in front of outstanding young goalkeeper Tom Buckler for the side to move up to 13th in the league table.

Maintaining a clean sheet has not been Bovey's strongest suit this season, but Kelly feels it's established a platform on which to take on St Blazey. And why he believes they've a real chance against the current league leaders.

"We must be on our game and maintain the same standards, but it's provided the basis to go there expecting to get something, and I'm confident we will," said the former Torquay United and Exeter City defender.

In addition to a solid back three, Kelly believes appointing central midfielder Lee Chapman as new team captain was another important factor in last Saturday's winning formula.

"Besides doing most of my running on the pitch, Lee and everyone else worked well as a unit," said Kelly.

"Remember, also, that we scored three times in addition to defending well, and I'm expecting us to create chances again tomorrow."

News from the dressing room is that Mark Harding is unavailable after coming off the substitutes bench to play his part in recent weeks. Other than that, Kelly announces the same squad as last week."

Guest Peppermint

Having watched the game today I was impressed with St Blazey and the score could have been even greater - they surely must be one of the favourites for the title. Hopefully I have not put the evil eye on Blazey by making that statement otherwise Lafs will be upset with me.

Guest Peppermint

Perhaps spmeone from Blazey like Dan can confirm but I think I heard that Dilley was on a course today and Kershaw was injured but I am sure Dan or Paul will confirm this or not.

Guest Joe Miners

Brilliant game shame that bovey have the same non singing fan as do most others in the league. Shame that they didnt even celebrate when they scored. Maybe they were all woman.

Hopefully on tommorow we will be in better competition for best fans as we are the only one who ever sing. And if penzance score i think it would be easy to say that they have to celebrate.

Come on you greens

Prediction:

St.Blazey 4-1Penzance

Any others reply

Unfortunatly I will miss this one due to two of us going up to watch the other love of our lives.

This in turn means the Blazey loyal behind the goal will be two down, so the lads will just have to sing louder to make up for us.

This is a great oppertunity to consolidate our place at the top of the pile.

Good luck to Hoops, Lafs and the boys, one eye will be on the game and the other on my mobile at the Hawthorns.

GREEN ARMY ! GREEN ARMY ! GREEN ARMY ! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

We did sing louder especially for you guys and we think it paid off.