Cornwall Football Forum

Falmouth v Cullompton

I would like to pass comment on yesterday's game. Although the scoreline of 4 - 3 may indicate that it was a close game, I feel that the visitors left Bickland Park with a slight smile on their faces after turning what could have been a hammering into a respectable defeat, thanks to the evergreen Roger Bonaparte who nabbed two late goals.

At times, the Falmouth play was nothing short of a joy to watch and I am sure that once the new players have had time to gel, a greater degree of consistency will evolve. How many teams, not only in the Peninsula League, but throughout the country would have 4 out and out strikers on the field at one time? With Danny O'Hagan, Ryan Fice, Matt Drummond and later in the game, new boy Liam Eddy interchanging positions and play, this side is going to cause their opponents a few headaches during the season. OK, so defensively, there were a few problems, but does it matter if you score more goals than the opposition (a la Brazil). For a neutral watching, they must have gone away having got good value for money, now all that Town need are for the supporters to start drifting back through the turnstile so that the manager, players and committee can fulfil their aspirations and put Falmouth Town AFC :clapper: back where it belongs.

Charlie I thought the defence was ok, yes they gave away two silly late goals, however you have to remember they had a stand in goalie, Teagle was missing and Ben Stidwell came off at half time. Falmouth played some good football at times and the Matt Drummond goal was a belter and worth the entry fee alone.

Falmouth are really begining to gel, & I put a lot of it down to Steward Massey,

before the match he had them working hard, While Culumpton just kicked the ball around,

This team is only going to get better, so yes let us see some good support, I felt that the defence was quite good could improve, but the first goal was the stand in keepers fault to far of the line,

Hammers :c::clapper::thumbsup: :c:

Falmouth are really begining to gel, & I put a lot of it down to Steward Massey,

before the match he had them working hard, While Culumpton just kicked the ball around,

This team is only going to get better, so yes let us see some good support, I felt that the defence was quite good could improve, but the first goal was the stand in keepers fault to far of the line,

Hammers :c::clapper::thumbsup::c:

Hi Hammers, I agree with your comments except for you saing that the first goal was scoffys fault. Sean Flynns backward header was weak and fell straight to the cullompton forward who slotted it home. Maybe he was a bit off his line but that wouldnt have mattered, as he needed to be off his line to try and narrow the angle.

Roger Bonaparte, How many times has he ever scored past Falmouth in the past? Cant remember many other times?