Cornwall Football Forum

after match hospitality

Callington Town played Plymstock today, the game was won by Plymstock 1-o, the reason for this topic is that Plymstock did not turn up at our club house after the game! No players, no management, no commitee members. Callington Town are a club not blessed with great finances and we rely on after match draws etc to run our football teams, plus we lay on food (spaghetti bolognese today) which also costs money to prepare, I feel that this no show byPlymstock shows a lack of respect to us as a club and is out of order, no reason was given to us why they wouldn't be turning up! Please reply with your thoughts. :SM_carton::SM_carton::SM_carton::SM_carton: :SM_carton:

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Plymstock is closer to the ground than your clubhouse :P

Seriously though, it is bad form for players/managers to no-show, fans can be excused at times.

I would bet £100 if Callington had won the game that this topic wouldn't have been started. There is obviously going to be a bit of tension between Plymstock and Callington, and this is just a stupid attempt at trying to have a stab at plymstock.

Not at all hozzler, its only a matter of courtesy to support a club after a game, if I wanted to have a stab at Plymstock there are plenty of topics I could have chosen

Win lose or draw, someone has got to go to the clubhouse, even if there is only a few of you, on the other hand, did they inform u that they couldn't come back...there might b a reason, however lame it might be!!!

No mate!!!!

Guest four four two

I think the location of callingtons clubhouse has a factor into why opposition sides might not show themselves.. Can agree that it is common courtesy for opposition sides to make an effort but sometimes these things happen.. Would be interesting to know if every callington squad player involved in todays game made an effort to support there own club by going back to there own clubhouse.. im guessing probably not

I remember a couple of seasons ago someone came on here slating a team for not going back for food when the away team had told someone they wouldnt (think there was a wedding) and he had 'forgot' to pass it on. What about when teams do go back to club house for food and a drink and theres no food put on? :D

I think the location of callingtons clubhouse has a factor into why opposition sides might not show themselves.. Can agree that it is common courtesy for opposition sides to make an effort but sometimes these things happen.. Would be interesting to know if every callington squad player involved in todays game made an effort to support there own club by going back to there own clubhouse.. im guessing probably not

Wrong mate, EVERY member of the squad was there. The club house is 2 minutes away from the pitch, no excuses......

Guest four four two

A reply to middle mans mate comment of plymstock showing a lack of respect for callington is pretty far off the mark. If respect is the name of the game then maybe the reason for a no show could be a factor of the way ex callington now plymstock manager micky hunt was treated by his former club.. Maybe taking into account all the accusations micky had to endure during the summer from callington had a influencing factor and a reason why plymstock decided not to go back to callingtons clubhouse..all i know is plymstock and the management have happily accepted matchday hospitality from all the other home teams they have played against this season and will continue that for the rest of there away games this season.. The underlying factor is if Micky had been treated with the respect he deserved in the summer then maybe callington would have got some back..

Guest Freddy_f

didnt plymstock do this to wessex in pre season as well , total lack of respect . hunt does not need to be a coward he could have gone back andenjoyed drink with his own players perhaps , poor effort plymstock

Guest sazzle

There really is no excuse for not going into the opponents clubhouse or even ur own. Players give up their saturdays to play football and an extra half hour or even less is not gonna break anyone even if they have to get back to their home turf for a family event etc.

All clubs need is one or two drinks bought from the clubhouse to help cover match day and club costs. Having free food laid on is surely a bonus for all players and no harm in having a quick nibble on and off they can go.

Come on lads, without teams doing this clubs and footy clubs will not last.

"we laid on pasties an cake for godolphin but no commitee member showed.

plus that the ref cost us £66."

Joejellico, if you are refering to yesterdays match (Hayle v Godolphin) you are completely wrong in saying

we (Godolphin) did not attend your clubhouse after the match. Myself, Mick Lowry and half a dozen players stayed for a drink, purchased raffle tickets and got stuck into a hearty helping of sausage and chips ??