Cornwall Football Forum

F.A Vase (Saltash) Postponed

Shaftesbury have been charged of fielding an ineligible player v Bodmin and have until Monday(5th) to respond to th F.A. so Saturday's 1st.Round tie (Shaftesbury v Saltash) has been postponed

If proven,will this allow Bodmin back in to face Saltash?

Worrying for Saltash it will mean a missed Saturday when only four league games have been played and only one in September month.

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Shaftesbury have been charged of fielding an ineligible player v Bodmin and have until Monday(5th) to respond to th F.A. so Saturday's 1st.Round tie (Shaftesbury v Saltash) has been postponed

If proven,will this allow Bodmin back in to face Saltash?

They'll probably go and win the Vase now :P Nah I'll take that back, Newquay will :c:

Saltash must feel deflated with what was looking like a comfortable visit to Dorset on Saturday.

Shaftesbury lying in 20th from 21 in the Wessex League Div1 have conceded 51 goals from their 10 league games(Inc.a 0-0) this season and their victory at Bodmin must be considered the shock result of the 'Century'.

Their(Shaftesbury) previous league result was a 1-14 defeat

Guest Uncle Albert

Bodmin haven't even been informed officially of this news yet !!!!

The league will say that because it's an FA competition, it's not the league's job to inform them (even though Bodmin are a Peninsula League club); and who knows why the FA havent informed Bodmin.

Guest Uncle Albert

People in high places are reading - I have, quite rightly, had my knuckles rapped by somebody in the know at the Peninsula League concerning Bodmin Town not being informed of the Shaftesbury situation.

I trusted the word of an official of Bodmin Town FC who told me this afternoon that they knew nothing about the FA investigation. However, I am reliably informed now that the Bodmin secretary was informed by a Peninsula League official yesterday . . . it just seems that he didn't bother to tell anybody else at Bodmin.

Apologies to those at the Peninsula League who have done the right thing by Bodmin. In good faith I felt I made my last comment, but I am happy to put the record straight.