Cornwall Football Forum

Falmouth Exodus...or only rumour????

From The Cornishman Newspaper yesterday

I have no idea who but you never know.

Penzance ready to up striker search

Thursday, September 24, 2009, 11:17

PENZANCE manager Trevor Mewton has revealed he is on the lookout for a replacement for broken leg victim Andy Westgarth ahead of tomorrow night's home Throgmorton League Cup tie against Porthleven at Penlee Park (7.30pm).

The Magpies sorely missed striker Westgarth in last Saturday's 2-1 FA Vase defeat to Western League side Wellington, and Mewton admits it won't be an easy task replacing him.

"We will definitely miss Andy as it's very difficult to replace a 30 goals a season striker," said Mewton.

"I have one or two options in mind, but our geographical location probably won't help our cause.

"We are all gutted for him and from a purely selfish football point of view I consider Andy has been playing some of his best football recently and has become a more complete player.

"Having said that, we still have a decent squad of players here and we have to try and respond accordingly, beginning tomorrow against Porthleven."

Porthleven have been something of a surprise package in the SWPL division one west so far this term, currently riding high in the table despite having been tipped by many for a season of struggle following the departure of former manager Gary Marks and most of last season's squad during the summer.

But Mewton said: "Porthleven will be full of confidence following their excellent FA Vase win at Shepton Mallet on Saturday and Port manager Kevin Richards and his team deserve great credit for their good start to the season."

Slateford has signed for St Blazey. Best of Luck to him.

As for Drummond he played last night. And i hope that he stays.

Carey is building a team therefore players will come and go. He is hoping to sign three new players next week.

From The Cornishman Newspaper yesterday

I have no idea who but you never know.

Penzance ready to up striker search

Thursday, September 24, 2009, 11:17

PENZANCE manager Trevor Mewton has revealed he is on the lookout for a replacement for broken leg victim Andy Westgarth ahead of tomorrow night's home Throgmorton League Cup tie against Porthleven at Penlee Park (7.30pm).

The Magpies sorely missed striker Westgarth in last Saturday's 2-1 FA Vase defeat to Western League side Wellington, and Mewton admits it won't be an easy task replacing him.

"We will definitely miss Andy as it's very difficult to replace a 30 goals a season striker," said Mewton.

"I have one or two options in mind, but our geographical location probably won't help our cause.

"We are all gutted for him and from a purely selfish football point of view I consider Andy has been playing some of his best football recently and has become a more complete player.

"Having said that, we still have a decent squad of players here and we have to try and respond accordingly, beginning tomorrow against Porthleven."

Porthleven have been something of a surprise package in the SWPL division one west so far this term, currently riding high in the table despite having been tipped by many for a season of struggle following the departure of former manager Gary Marks and most of last season's squad during the summer.

But Mewton said: "Porthleven will be full of confidence following their excellent FA Vase win at Shepton Mallet on Saturday and Port manager Kevin Richards and his team deserve great credit for their good start to the season."

Try looking in your reserves or are you not a CLUB manager? :ninja:

Very dissapointing if Slateford has gone to St.Blazey. Just when I thought things were going to settle down.

Drummond must stay as he is a very versatile player, as proven last night. There has to be competition for places and you cannot run a team at this level with only 2 strikers !

disapointed slateford have left but all last season he was if ing and um ing about leaving to go liskeard. pre season he was the same maybe not to liskeard. now he has left. maybe his heart wasnt with falmouth anyway. Carey and massey was on about players lacking fight lately. a good player but lately hasnt been much on the end of his play. maybe worth tapping him up again in a few years when he has established into a man.

Well if its true he has signed then its another good addition to the squad. He will need to play well to keep someone else out. But competition for your place is always healthy. Glynn will keep the squad together and push them forward and seems to be building a good looking squad. Ben Rix looks a really good signing to. Things are looking good. :)