Cornwall Football Forum

CLYST ROVERS v FALMOUTH TOWN

I dont think they should blame the Falmouth chairman. I think the Falmouth Secretary should be accountable for the mistake. This is because he should inform the Kit person, if they have one, any need for a change of kit. A basic error but at the end of the day i am sure it will not happern again. Perhaps any action will be taken by the league and this i feel needs to close the subject on here. No dig intended at anyone as i do not even know who the secretary is. And it is just my opinion.

A point for Falmouth but i am sure Falmouth will make a strong push for a top half finish.

Found this on the League forum(i've copied & pasted it,i didn't write it).

Our game against Falmouth Town today can only be described as farcical. Falmouth turn up with their new kit. very Smart but clashed completely with ours. We have no kit to help them out, so they send someone to Clyst Valley to borrow a kit. No issues there I hear you say. What happened in the intervening period was a disgrace. see if you can follow this.

Their Chairman takes it all on his shoulders and says he has had enough and will resign. Their manager cant understand why we cant play the game (The officials all agreed it could not start because of the likeness of the two colours)

We then take abuse from Falmouth officials saying we did not want the game to go ahead because of our league position. ( they turned up with the wrong kit) Falmouths club officials then take it on their shoulders to start having a go at the ref to play the game, even though the colours clashed, he then backed down to say the game is OK to start even with the colour clash. His officials did not want too as they could not tell the difference between the two colours.

Before the game starts the two lines persons state they are not ahppy with the game going ahead even after the colours were sorted out because of the intensity of the banter between the two clubs

The league then get involved saying we must play the game, even if Falmouth have not complied with league rules. and we would be in trouble for not playing the game.

To FALMOUTH and the SWPL.

Clyst were not at fault at all here, a side turned up with the wrong kit, without checking our colours before they travelled

Game kicked off 45 minutes late.0-0 was the score.

Point I am trying to make here is that Falmouth were in the wrong and tried all ways to turn the blame round on Clyst.

Whistleblower, I agree Clyst were not to blame, Falmouth Town should have checked with Clyst,

Two Points here,ONE any club worth there salt would have had a spare kit, I ask where was Cyst Rovers spare kit? did they not have one or were they just being unco-operative,

TWO I do not think this is a case for the Falmouth Chairman to resign, He is a first class chairman who works hard for Falmouth Town, We are all human. or should be A mistake has been made, let us put it behide us as one says get on with the game.

Hammers :huh::c: :c:

Guest Postie Pidge

I dont think they should blame the Falmouth chairman. I think the Falmouth Secretary should be accountable for the mistake. This is because he should inform the Kit person, if they have one, any need for a change of kit. A basic error but at the end of the day i am sure it will not happern again. Perhaps any action will be taken by the league and this i feel needs to close the subject on here. No dig intended at anyone as i do not even know who the secretary is. And it is just my opinion.

When I confirmed that we play in black/amber I was informed "that's ok no colour clash". The kit man sorts the kit. he knows what games we should change for....