Cornwall Football Forum

Mining League Results 09/09/09

MINING DIV 1

ST IVES TOWN 1 V SENNEN 2

DOUR SCRAPPY AFFAIR.BUT AT LEAST THREE POINTS FOR SENNEN...GOALS FROM JAKE BARRETT,AND STEVE JONES,SECURE FIRST LEAGUE WIN,WILL BE NICE WHEN ALL PLAYERS ARE AVAILABLE,AS SO FAR WE HAVEN'T PLAYED THE SAME TEAM TWICE?? BUT HAPPY ALL THE SAME :)

GOOD LUCK TO ST IVES FOR THE REST OF THEIR SEASON..

Goonhavern 2 - 0 Chacewater Res

A spirited display from Chacewater...who had a couple of chances in the 1st half...We never really got going to the 2nd half...and had to mae a few changes due to injurys...Kev...myself and Alex had to go off...but we managed to score through Matt Millbanks (assist by me) and Craig Brown and then chances came plenty...few sitters and so on....

a few nasty challenges which went unpunished.....Goonhavern lads will see my injury on facebook...don't know how I managed to play long as I did....Robartes on Saturday...now that is a test...seeing the goal fest with Storm

storm never lost again :P lets here the report

hi mate thats our first loss this season we have won 1 drawn 2 and lost 1.

Great game for the spectator goals galore you wouldn't have seen this coming from the first half performance from the two teams Robartes led 1 -0 at ht with both defences on top Robartes always looking dangerous especially at set pieces with Storm counter attacking with pace down the flanks. Robartes deserved their half time lead and came out all guns blazing in the second and where 4 up after 15 mins with a penalty and acouple of great strikes. Then the game went from end to end with Storm scoring twice 4-2 then Robartes increased their lead to make it 5-2 then Storm scored twice again to make the score 5-4, robartes again responded well and gained another goal 6-4 tha game swang again Storm score 6-5 and with Storm pushing everyone forward to try and get the equaliser a mistake at the back let them in for the decider final score 7-5 to Robartes.

Great game played in great spirits and i wish my mate Dazza (gaffer) every success good performance from your lads who battled to the end just glad we gave you a good game and good luck to you Robartes.

Illogan 2 - 1 Fourlanes

(Gareth Pitt, Ryan Treloar) - (Brett Adams -pen)

Absolute shocker of a 1st half from Illogan possibly the worst we have ever played but only went in 1 down, fortunately.

Hair dryer treatment from the manager at half time and we came out and played much better 2nd half to win 2-1. long way from our best at the moment and hoping things will start to click soon or its going to be a long season.

I gotta say well done to Illogan for a good come back against Lanes, when i left at half time Lanes had majority of Possesion, Penalty converted by Brett Adams i think...

Went to watch Robartes Vs Storm second half...What A Game!! Good pysical game well played by both sides Robartes deserved the win and held out long enough to get all 3 pointswell done R'Bartes!

Was at the robartes vs strom game and think bartes did deserve 2 win it each player wanted it more and the team spirit seemed alot higher than storms who had good individuals but didnt look like they knew what each other was going 2do.The best player on the park in my opinion was the storm right winger no13 i think? looked a very good player who could play alot higher standard.

Also congrats 2 ralph pascoe on a great goal did u mean it tho?

Was at the robartes vs strom game and think bartes did deserve 2 win it each player wanted it more and the team spirit seemed alot higher than storms who had good individuals but didnt look like they knew what each other was going 2do.The best player on the park in my opinion was the storm right winger no13 i think? looked a very good player who could play alot higher standard.

Also congrats 2 ralph pascoe on a great goal did u mean it tho?

Yeh mate Matt Thompson is his name very talented and yes should be playing a higher standard, i agree a little bit with your comments and this isn't an excuse cause Robartes did deserve to win but this is the fourth game in a row we have had a different squad with players either working or away thank god we play every saturday now and with four key players missing wednesday it shows on our second half performance what we could acheive going forward, defence a bit suspect but with key players back that will change. Thanks for your honest opinion and Ralphy is the only one who thinks he ment his goal, well we will give him the benefit of the doubt as it did leave his foot and acracker it was!