Cornwall Football Forum

FHFL Results Monday 07/09/09

FHFL Results Monday 07/09/09

Carharrack look to extend their 100% record tonight against Mawnan. Whilst St Day play their first league match of the season away to Penryn.

Other Fixtures:

Hayle v Rosudgeon

Lizard Argyle v Mullion Reserves

Penryn Athletic v St Day Reserves

Perranporth Reserves v Frogpool & Cusgarne

Porthleven Rangers v Helston Reserves

Trispen v RNAS Culdrose Reserves

Guest magician

penryn 0-0 st day

a well contested game between two good teams couldve and shouldve been won by yours truly late on

ONCE AGAIN SORRY TO ALL THE PENRYN LADS WHO NOT ONLY PLAYED BUT CAME TO SHOW THERE SUPPORT IVE LET EVERYONE DOWN

Carharrack massacre Mawnan 6-0!

I was at Carharrack - LOVE this little ground!

First time there and was treated to a solid performance from the boys in red. Three goals in each half, although I didn't think Mawnan were too bad.

Good to mean Richard Chown's brother, manager of 2nd team and I wish both teams all the best for this season.

Attendance tonight was 23.

Guest Poker Ace

Cracking game to watch tonight Penryn vs St day any team could have won it St day unlucky at the end by hitting the post, young lad upfront for penryn was unlucky not to have a few.

Can confirm the result at Perranporth this evening.

To be fair to Frogpool/Cusgarne they were understrength,and it was a better show after the break,but it was also another classy performance from the home team.

Thanks to Perran for the hospitality,Jamie and Brian/Gareth for assisting me and look forward to seeing both teams later in the season.

Yes a good game down Ting Tang and im glad you enjoyed the game today dan and ground number 146 i believe we made it as. Carharrack understrengh but the quality is there to replace the players with now. Well done to both teams and all best for the season mawnan. :drink:

And i would like to thank the few mawnan players and the ref for coming back to the club for a beer and we appreciate that!

:drink:

Can confirm the result at Perranporth this evening.

To be fair to Frogpool/Cusgarne they were understrength,and it was a better show after the break,but it was also another classy performance from the home team.

Thanks to Perran for the hospitality,Jamie and Brian/Gareth for assisting me and look forward to seeing both teams later in the season.

We were very understrength only 5 1st team players played today lots of injuries and people away. Im glad i did not play today really felt sorry for those playing in the 1st half perran were 1st class i cant see anyone touching them. well done nigel you done a good job today you might need some more ink for ur pen after that game lol. well done to perran and good luck for the rest of the season.

No one has mentioned Lizard 2 Mullion 2.

Horrendous conditions with a pitch that hadnt been cut from the start of the season and the fog which meant you couldnt see both goal posts from the middle of the pitch.

Not a great game from the spectators point of view but a proper cornish derby match. Went 2-0 down but fought hard and got back into it with a 25 yard free kick and penalty. Always tough games down the lizard.

Away to perranporth on saturday. Didnt play when we lost 2-0 start of the season but undefeated in 4 so looking forward to giving them a good game. Although 10-0 tonight so not sure i should be looking forward to it that much!!!

Porthleven Rangers 2- Helston 2

probably a good game to watch as there was plenty of end-to-end play. Helston edged the first half but Rangers got it together in the second and with a little more luck in front of goal could of easily won it.

Match was very well refereed and played in good spirits on the vast 'big boys' pitch down in Porthleven.

All the best to Helston for the rest of the season.

FHFL 2

05/09/09

Caharrack AFC 5 Lizard Argyle 1

Carharrack maintained their unbeaten run beating Lizard Argyle 5-1 in Division Two of Falmouth Helston League. The Red Army were outstanding in attack and Lizard's defence had few answers. The first quarter saw Lizard take the game to Carharrack from the start. On the 15th a mistimed pass back in the home defence resulted in Argyle taking the lead much to the disappointment of the home crowd. This in turn infuriated Carharrack who started to play creative football on the ground. Carharrack striker Mark Miller capitalised on being unmarked inside the box and tapped the ball past the line for the equaliser on the 22nd minute. This spurred Miller who appeared on fire by scoring again shortly after a cross from Jason Farnsworth. In shock the visitors tried to fight back but this led to Carharrack gaining a series of set pieces. Having gained the momentum, Miller was sent into ecstasy when his shot on goal slammed into the back of the net, his first hat trick of the season. In complete collapse Lizard were fighting off a wave of Carharrack attacks and just before half time a controversial decision saw the home side have a goal disallowed. In a onside position Dan Ellis smashed the ball towards goal, the visitors goalkeeper palmed the ball away, Ashley Smeeth ran through the defence and scored, however the linesman put up his flag for offside sending the crowd ballistic. Going into the interval this was Carharrack’s game to lose. Indicating restart of play, Carharrack pushed forward and within a minute saw man of the match Miller score his 4th goal of the game. With their heads down Lizard could do little to stop the home side’s one touch passing and struggled to contain the home side midfield. But to their credit Argyle continued to attempt to strike at goal though the second half. In the end it was new signing Jake Hawkey who sealed the game scoring from outside the box with 10 minutes to go.

CARHARRACK HAVE SIX APPEAL:

Caharrack AFC 6 Mawnan Res 0

On Monday evening Carharrack demolished Mawnan 6-0 continuing their 100% record and making their home ground a fortress for any team visiting so far this season. Only when Mawnan attempted to play Carharrack at their own game did they get back into contention but even then they were exposed all too often. The massacre began though forward Liam Bray and further extended by Brenden Dennis and winger Stuart Smeeth in the first half. Brining on substitutes and strength in depth the home side extended the scorelines though Mark Miller, Bray and Dennis once more. Mawnan didn’t give up thought out but the result left them feeling that they just wanted to go home at full time and who can blame them.

Carharrack Line Up: Dale Paull, Matt Mitchell, Matt Sara, Steve Sansbury, Tristan Burrows, Stuart Smeeth, Ashley Smeeth, Brenden Dennis, Jake Hawky, Mark Miller, Liam Bray Subs: Dan Ellis, Martin Murphy, Sean Jenkins