Cornwall Football Forum

BODMIN TOWN FC 2NDS

WE ALL KNOW BODMIN 2NDS HAVE GOT OFF 2 A GOOD START ONE CONCERN I HAVE THERE NOT A CONSISTENT SIDE!!!!!!!!!!! AS SOON AS THE PITCH CONDITIONS CHANGE THERE NOT PHYSICAL ENOUGH TO GET 3 POINTS! THERE ARE CERTAIN PLAYERS IN THAT SIDE WHO WINGE AND UPSET OTHER PLAYERS!!!!!!!! THERE IS NICK DOWLING THE MANAGER PICKS THE TEAM HE WANTS NOT THE PLAYERS WHO DESRERVE THE RUN OUT!!!!!!!!!! ADAM ROWE AKA MR WINGE BAG!!!!!!!! I HERE THERE ARE 2 OF THE BEST PLAYERS AT THAT SIDE DEBATING A MOVE ALREADY ONLY A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE THEY CRUMBLE!!!!!!!!! THE ONLY THING I FEEL SORRY 4 ABOUT THEM IS ARE THEY GONNA GET ENOUGH SUPPORT OFF 1ST TEAM THIS YEAR AS 4 MANY YEARS NOW SECOND TEAM PLAYERS ARE PUSHED ASIDE!!!!! 1ST TEAM MIGHT BE GOOD BUT NOT ENOUGH BODMIN LADS IN THE SIDE!!! I HAVE GOOD FOOTBALL KNOLEDGE NOW GIVE THE LOCAL LADS A CHANCE!!!!!!!!!!

locallad, is this not in the correct part of the forum I was under the impression that Bodmin reserves play in East Cornwall Prem, as a footnote I watched them a few days ago and I felt that they were possibly the best team Bodmin res have had for a while now.

Good spot Ref - I've moved it now to the appropriate place, Dave Deacon

Well what is it they say? The league table never lies and at present with a 100% record after four games and third in the table, I would say they would appear to be good enough!

Bere Alston United 0 3 Bodmin Town

Bodmin Town 3 2 Lanreath

Bodmin Town 4 2 St Stephen

Bodmin Town 2 0 Biscovey

However, no matter what the results are, because it seems that there would be some kind of vendetta against manager Nick Dowling, I guess this sort of post will appear from time to time. At this time of the season, you're always going to have players that are unhappy, but normally they are the ones that aren't getting regular games anyway!

With regard to the comment about giving local lads a try in the First Team - wasn't the last time that happened around about the time the club struggled - sometimes having to apply for re-election!

1999-00 SW 34 14 4 16 60 64 46 11th out of 18

2000-01 SW 36 5 2 29 39 110 17 19/19

2001-02 SW 36 13 9 14 66 81 48 11/19

2002-03 SW 36 3 3 30 30 125 12 19/19

Which would the small band of Bodmin supporters have - success and strangers, or languishing and locals?

BODMIN HAS GOT OFF TO A FINE START TO THE SEASON BUT ARE THEY ABLE TO HANG ON? WE ALL NO BODMIN HAD A GREAT START LAST YEAR!!!!!AS SOON AS THE WEATHER CHANGES BODMIN WILL START DROPPING POINTS! NICK DOWLING PICKS PLAYERS WHO HE WANTS AND NOT WHO DESERVES TO START!!!!!!!!!! I HERE THROUGHH THE GREAT VINE THAT 2 OF THERE BEST PLAYERS ARE ALREADY CONSIDERING A MOVE!!!! LETS HOPE BODMIN 1ST WILL SUPPORT THE SECONDS THIS YEAR AND BE A SQUAD!!!!!!!! ALSO THERE ARE CERTAIN PLAYERS IN THE SECONDS WHO WILL CAUSE RIFFS SO LOOK OUT BODMIN WILL SURVIVE IN MY OPIONION!! IM OPEN TO LISTEN TO OTHER PEOPLES VIRDICTS EXPRESS YA SELVES!!!!! HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE BEFORE BODMIN GO BOOM INTO TROUBLE!!!!!!!!

Guest thebeastofbodmin

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA brilliant! :thumbsup::thumbsup: . Are they good enough for what exactly?? I take it you have watched bodmin 2nds every game this season then??? So what players dont deserve to start??? i think 4 wins out of 4 justifies that the team selection is spot on at the moment. Who are these better players that are thinking of moving on and any idea where they are going??

Nick Dowling brought in two lads from the 3rd team against us and both of them played very well (infact one got the 1st goal).

If he's gonna get slated for picking a team that's got 100% then he's on a hiding to nothing but so far so good from what I can see.

The league will even itself out around Christmas with four or five teams queing up behind Torpoint at the top.

Yes, Bodmin did make a good start last season and have started with better results this season so far.

All the club can realistically expect is to improve on last season and if that means brining in young lads from the 3rds so be it. As to whetehr they can sustain their form.....I doubt it (at least not 100% anyway)....and both Torpoint and Parkway will prove too strong for them in the title race.

to be fair i cant see beary in the top 5, dont get me wrong both have 1 or 2 good players but other than that theres not much easle, as for players being upset at bodmin would intresting to know whos unhappy cos from what iv hurd many players have been left out of the starting 11 but then the next week starting but thats only what iv hurd,

Guest thebeastofbodmin

Yeah looks like that is the case. Glad you said it 1st. :thumbsup::thumbsup: . Can only think its sour grapes or jealousy but cant think why? care to enlighten us locallad/topdog?? :drink: :unsure:

just like to say we are not the same person!!!!!!!!!! also would like to say im just getting a debate going!! all i really said are they good enough!!!!!!!! if you know what bodmin fc are like then you will understand! you see things on the pitch but not off!!!!!!!!!! as for the squad it vercoe in goal back 4 perry averey rowe and g dowling with jennings l aimes n dowling and mullis with welch harper or j aimes battling for up front on the bench m bullen harris stiff and d dyer!!!! just suggesting a debate that was all!