Cornwall Football Forum

Mining League results 29/8

Heard from Justin Carbis:

Mining League Div. 2

West Cornwall 3 .v. Illogan 3rds 4 ( H / T 3-0! ).

Outstanding firts half display even with the poor tackles from the illogan players who at times were chasing shadows. At least 3 illogan players should've been booked and one sen off for horror tackle and headbutt! Unfortunatley the referee was very weak, good decisions but not up to it to back it up as required with cards. In the second half Illogan started in the same vein if not more physical. The West Cornwall players at times worried for their safety which is poor as Illogan have some technically gifted players. Illogan scored four goals in the second half and took the points, the real loser today though was football as if this is what is occuring on Saurdays young players in the county will never develop fully as they'll either be brainwashed into the same mentality or they wont be able to play as they have serious injuries. I am a big advocate for a well timed and fair tackle but what I've seen in my first two years of management has really disappointed me.

Anyone that knows me knows I'm trying to develop football in the county but after last season in Mining 3 and the first game this season I really do think why do I bother. I was hoping going up a league would improve the standard but it looks like another disappointing year for lovers of flowing football.

West Cornwall Scorers - Si Jefferies, Carl Lander & O.G.

Newlyn 5 - 0 Redruth Utd

Quite a poor performance from redruth and newlyn took the lead early on and went from there, to be fair 3 of the goals were very sloppy and redruth had fair share of chances at times but didnt take them.

Newlyn looked stronger in midfield and passed the ball well with movement off the ball at times very good. :c: :clapper:

MINING TWO

Mount Ambrose 2 - 2 Halsetown Res

Good game, nice way to kick off the season, pitch at Clijah looked good, wonder how that will last when winter kicks in!!!

As for the game, Halsetown looked tidy and played some decent football and dominated the first-half and early second, the new look Mount Ambrose side however didnt play nearly as much football as they should have given that they have some good young forwards in their team.

Halsetown scored first and deservedly added another early in the second half, which caused Mount to wake up. Mounts first goal was a neat passing move which was nicely finished and the equaliser was another good team move finished by a powerful shot from just inside the box by...i wont say who!!! :P

All the best to Halsetown for the season, we'll see you down at your place!

:c:

Guest bertie

Four Lanes 4 Goonhavern 1st 5

Mining 1

Goon up 2-0 at HT and cruising...but with a mixture of bad goalkeeping, lack of composure n a penalty...4 lanes were 3-2 to the good....I scored...and then the game see-sawed to a 5-4 finish in our favour....

great spectacle...but defences were shocking....but I thought 4 lanes were cocky....and expected a easy win before the game....good going forward....but at the back....time will tell

Storm 1 Gulval 1

Great game lots of chances.

great result General, looking forward to the write up from the mighty Mr. Buckley or is that only when he wins :lol:

hi marksy i always sing wether we are winning or not also i'm not mighty just an half decent player, there is only one mighty and thats you!!! lol thanks general for a good game yesterday we both had hatsful of chances and a draw was a fair result in the end i wish your side all the best and your guys are a good bunch of lads thanks again mate. Lets hope we are both near the top at the end you will give other teams a good game cause as we both tried yesterday to play football it was a good game to watch i imagine.

Marksy this isn't an excuse or a detrement to gulval we had 7 first team players either working or on holiday missing yesterday so as said before watch this space as when we have all available we will be a different propersition... love you Marksy ######

Four Lanes 4 Goonhavern 1st 5

Mining 1

Goon up 2-0 at HT and cruising...but with a mixture of bad goalkeeping, lack of composure n a penalty...4 lanes were 3-2 to the good....I scored...and then the game see-sawed to a 5-4 finish in our favour....

great spectacle...but defences were shocking....but I thought 4 lanes were cocky....and expected a easy win before the game....good going forward....but at the back....time will tell

Sunday Independent has the score as Four Lanes 4 Goonhavern 3

Mining 1

TMS 2- 1 Illogan Res

TMS are definately our bogey side I reckon they beat us last year up there and did it again this year. Much improved side to last year and reckon they will be top 4 but far too many missed chances by us was our downfall in a game we should have won.

Just confirming it was Four Lanes 4 Goonhavern 5, maybe we were a bit cocky & some thought they'd had the game won before they kicked a ball.It's not a excuse but we got let down by our goalie and had to play our right back, and to be fair Goonhavern had 6 shots and scored 5 goals, the other shot hit the crossbar and could of crossed the line (i didnt see it). Fair play to our right back though he was brave enough to get between the sticks, Goonhavern have a tidy little side and they will cause a few upsets this season,next time we won't be taking them so lightly.Good luck for the rest of the season.

P.S. Joe is playing for the Lanes this year.

Four Lanes Scorers

Ian (Shifty) Stephens 2

Nicky Adams

Brett Adams

Guest bertie

thanks for the comments....Mr Spice of Life...

I think as you said that Goonhavern will be no pushovers this season...we were missing at least 6 players on Saturday...I was only brought in for cover and then find myself playing most of the game because of niggling injury that John had....Fair to both side...no side gave in...u coming back from 2-0 down and then us from 2-3.....could of gone either way....shot count on both sides wasn't that high...couldn't remember if you had a shot on target in the 1st half...and then we had that shot that either went over the line near the end of the 1st half that could of killed the game...3-0 would of been different....

I think Four lanes have a very useful side....and will be in the top 4....

good luck for the season....

Storm 1 Gulval 1

Great game lots of chances.

great result General, looking forward to the write up from the mighty Mr. Buckley or is that only when he wins :lol:

hi marksy i always sing wether we are winning or not also i'm not mighty just an half decent player, there is only one mighty and thats you!!! lol thanks general for a good game yesterday we both had hatsful of chances and a draw was a fair result in the end i wish your side all the best and your guys are a good bunch of lads thanks again mate. Lets hope we are both near the top at the end you will give other teams a good game cause as we both tried yesterday to play football it was a good game to watch i imagine.

Marksy this isn't an excuse or a detrement to gulval we had 7 first team players either working or on holiday missing yesterday so as said before watch this space as when we have all available we will be a different propersition... love you Marksy ######

hopefully your not including the 5 plymouth boys who played in the duchy league yesterday!!! think you should concentrate on the local lads in boths your teams as alot of talent available

Storm 1 Gulval 1

hopefully your not including the 5 plymouth boys who played in the duchy league yesterday!!! think you should concentrate on the local lads in boths your teams as alot of talent available

Mmmmm is there unrest at storm camp already taffy feel free to enlighten me more always here for entertaining, unless ive spoken to me old mate daz and then im generally gone fishing, Plymovian boys what plymovian boys are these. :huh:

Guest Urban Spaceman

apologies for the standard of pitch at the Leisure Centre, we're doing out best to get it sorted out

is it still as bad as it was last season? that wasn't bad that was dangerous

Mining 1

TMS 2- 1 Illogan Res

TMS are definately our bogey side I reckon they beat us last year up there and did it again this year. Much improved side to last year and reckon they will be top 4 but far too many missed chances by us was our downfall in a game we should have won.

yeah we have signed about 15 new players for this season and 2 of are best players wernt there yesterday which meant jayer had to go in goal so losing a 3rd player outfield..... despite illogan controlling 70-80 mintuesn of the game they only created 2 chances one being a bad penalty and the other hitting the post.i think illogan will still win the league looked very good all over the pitch just wasnt there day today......good luck for the rest of the season.hopefully i will be back to play against you next time :yahoo:

Guest honest joe

Division One

Halsetown 5 Chacewater Res. 0

Welcome to minning one Chacewater!!

To be fair the Ref had a big influence on the game sending the Chacewater striker off after 20 minutes for swearing. This is something the refs are finally clamping down on thankfully.

Halsetown then went on to score 4 first half goals after dominating the half.

The second half was slightly different with Chacewater stepping up a gear but for the pressure they put Halsetown under they could not break through.

The crowd were not happy with a penalty appeal for handball being turned down but to be fair to the ref he was unsighted and i did not move my arm, which was by my side when the ball hit it, and the shot was going wide.

The game was was won in the first half but neither side really got going.

Halsetown were up and down with some good moments then gave the ball away cheaply and Chacewater spent too much time arguing with themselves and the ref to really flow.

The result was fair but Chacewater will argue against this but they really lacked discipline and will need to learn from this one to keep men on the pitch as they had a second sent off 10minutes from time for two yellow cards which were deserved.

Storm 1 Gulval 1

Mmmmm is there unrest at storm camp already taffy feel free to enlighten me more always here for entertaining, unless ive spoken to me old mate daz and then im generally gone fishing, Plymovian boys what plymovian boys are these. :huh:

Hey Marksy. I will explain the situation at Storm and I am sure you will agree I am generally honest on this forum. Firstly though it's a shame that people take pleasure out of another club's problems. I was only saying to Matt Eddy last week that I am pleased that Titans are making good progress.

With regards to the Plymouth lads there is a conflict of interests. They were among the original team when Storm were founded, and generally make the effort to be involved (2 of which played on Saturday for the firsts). However, when they cannot make it that does impact on the team as they are (in my opinion) the best players in the league, bar a few exceptions, and should be playing at a higher level.

On Saturday they also had an impact on my team as 2 of my best players were drawn into the first team, taking away from a squad that already had a few missing. Madron would have beaten us on the day so this is no excuse... but it certainly wouldn't have been by 9!

I agree with Taffy that local talent should be promoted, but it is hard to find players locally... that want to play for Storm... that are as good as the Plymouth boys.

The unrest will come about from a rumour that they have joined another team closer to home. One of them is banned and has gone to manage a team up there, and it is likely that the rest of the boys have been asked to go and play for them. Personally I wouldn't blame them as they don't get paid to come all this way to play for us, and I certainly wouldn't travel that far to play. If that is the case i think Storm will take time to become stronger and will have to get on with it.

Hope this clears things up!

Pricey

Anyone know the result of the Division 2 game, Cornish New Boys v Ludgvan? :c:

Cornish new boys 8- ludgvan 0. really good game. Cornish played some great football but the scoreline doesn't show how hard ludgvan battled and tested cornishs new keeper a few times. good luck to ludgvan for the rest of the season, and sorry once again we didn't have anywhere to go back to for some grub after the game we are still in the dark about whats happening with our sponsor and pub we use.

Storm 1 Gulval 1

Hey Marksy. I will explain the situation at Storm and I am sure you will agree I am generally honest on this forum. Firstly though it's a shame that people take pleasure out of another club's problems. I was only saying to Matt Eddy last week that I am pleased that Titans are making good progress.

With regards to the Plymouth lads there is a conflict of interests. They were among the original team when Storm were founded, and generally make the effort to be involved (2 of which played on Saturday for the firsts). However, when they cannot make it that does impact on the team as they are (in my opinion) the best players in the league, bar a few exceptions, and should be playing at a higher level.

On Saturday they also had an impact on my team as 2 of my best players were drawn into the first team, taking away from a squad that already had a few missing. Madron would have beaten us on the day so this is no excuse... but it certainly wouldn't have been by 9!

I agree with Taffy that local talent should be promoted, but it is hard to find players locally... that want to play for Storm... that are as good as the Plymouth boys.

The unrest will come about from a rumour that they have joined another team closer to home. One of them is banned and has gone to manage a team up there, and it is likely that the rest of the boys have been asked to go and play for them. Personally I wouldn't blame them as they don't get paid to come all this way to play for us, and I certainly wouldn't travel that far to play. If that is the case i think Storm will take time to become stronger and will have to get on with it.

Hope this clears things up!

Pricey

Mmmmm Dave luv u clearly dont need to explain urself i have no interest in storm whatsoever & am merely having some banter with daz, needless to say great gossip :o:lol: Have to disagree with not enough talent locally that want to play for storm,Plymouth boys better or not. was genuinely disapointed to see ur score line saturday dont change what u think is right mate u carry on as u see fit i doubt as u said anyone will get that score again. Good luck for rest of season or until ur back :thumbsup:

Marksy thank you for your comments. I might become a player manager when the injury is clear and stick with the Reserves, depends what the plans of the new management are, and whether I want to walk away from managing by then. Although 2 games - 2 losses not what I was hoping for! hehe

thanks for a honest report tms no9 hit it on the nail we werent there and my performance in goal was absolutly shocking

im assumng you are the illogan keeper? you didnt play that bad at all.....plus its well known your one of if not the best keepers in the league so wouldn't be to hard on yourself