Cornwall Football Forum

Merthyr Tydfil

Truro ran out 3-1 winners tonight in a very enjoyable game. After a hairy start which saw merthyr hit the crossbar twice City settled down and played some nice stuff. First goal was from Andy Watkins after some neat play & although it wasnt the cleanest of strikes they all count (1-0 HT).

Second half saw City still on top and coping with the size of the Welsh lads and Les Afful added a second finishing from close in. The goal of the game was from Merthyr with a fine 25 yard strike with 11 minutes remaining on the clock, City then scored their third on 84 minutes when Joe Broad rounded off some good work from Andy Watkins. Man of the match was given to Santos Gaia who had to cope with their giant no.10 all night.

Attendance tonight was 600 - not bad for the 1st match of the season but there were 2 other teams playing in this league tonight who had bigger attendances.

Big Match on Saturday - Home to Farnborough at Treyew Road 3pm.

Farnborough are odds-on favourites to win this league - they have spent heavily on new players - have a big ground and are very ambitious. They have also won their 2 matches this season and are top of the table on goal difference with Truro in 2nd place.

I was at the truro match last night and they played some very impressive football and joe broad was very good as well as gaia and the ex newquay goalie i was going to watch plymouth play glad i didnt with them losing and wont be sorry when sturrock is sacked and taken his poor signings with him he made bad signings last year and has done it again this year alan judge is not up to it and mclean fallon and even mackie are not good goalscorers i would love to see paul wotton back he showed passion unlike this mob now hope neil warnock takes over from sturrock who wont be there much longer .Im off to watch truro on satday which should be a real good game.dont forget charity match at truro sun sept 27th where man utd legend will be playing

i would love to see paul wotton back he showed passion unlike this mob now hope neil warnock takes over from sturrock who wont be there much longer .

Paul wotton back ? . clearly shows u no nothing about football passion wont win u games, it will get your through the sticky patches but u need some quality . admittedly the crop of players there now are useless and as for sturrock he should of gone a long time ago but to want wotton back shows the ambition of plymouths fans !