Cornwall Football Forum

Div 1 West Results Aug 15th

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Hayle 2 v 4 Newquay AFC

Hayle went 1-0 up before Jake hit back with a Pen. It was 2-1 HT

Chrissy, Macca and Riggers with Newquays 2nd half goals. 2-4 FT

Jinx broken. Can't say anymore as writing a column for the Newquay Voice and obviously Wise Words in next Sats prog v Penryn.

Wendron 0

Plymstock 3

A gut wrenching defeat with 3 goals in the last 12 minutes. Our young team had battled so hard for it to slip away at the end. We must learn from our mistakes and keep our heads held high as the young boys did themselves proud!!

I personally was dissapointed with the Plymstock players as when we were given a drop ball we kicked it back to them, but when they were given the drop ball on the edge of our area they didnt return the favour, won a corner and the goal (a lovely one at that) came from the resulting corner, with that and our influential Brett coming off injured was just too much and Plymstock capitalised in mistakes and killed it off.

We must must pick ourselves up and not get downhearted, the results will come boys. :smiley20:

Bring on Truro-6.30 k.o at home!

Guest local_football_supporter

I personally was dissapointed with the Plymstock players as when we were given a drop ball we kicked it back to them, but when they were given the drop ball on the edge of our area they didnt return the favour, won a corner and the goal (a lovely one at that) came from the resulting corner

they say a teams behavour reflects that of its manager , and im sorry to say if thats what happened it would be a fair reflection of a man that has NO morrell scrupples what so ever

hayle 2 newquay 4

a good game of football between 2 good footballing sides,hayle had the better of a well contested 1st half taking the lead thru debutant chris wolstencroft before newquay equalised from a soft penalty decision?matt shiels then put hayle in front just before halftime with a close range header.at this stage hayle looked the better of the 2 sides but a strong second half performance from newquay ensured they ran out worthy winners on the day.

hayle strikers look as though they could form a good partnership this season with shiels unlucky not to have a second goal ruled out today due to a late flag?but take nothing away from newquay, today they were worthy winners playing good football and really dominating the second half with young chris luxton producing a match winning performance including showing tremendous compossure to equalise early in the second half.

full credit to jimbo who was not afraid to play 2 16 yearolds in key positions(keeper and striker)as well as a 17 year old today ....

crowd about 50 was a bit dissapointing as about half came from newquay.

look forward to cup meeting next month with hopefully a different result,best wishes to jim and newquay for rest of the season, a good bunch of lads.

hayle 2 newquay 4

crowd about 50 was a bit dissapointing as about half came from newquay.

look forward to cup meeting next month with hopefully a different result,best wishes to jim and newquay for rest of the season, a good bunch of lads.

Apologies for the shortage of away support (25 or so) as some have season tickets for Chelsea and others were at Home Park due to freebies and even a QPR (NQY) fan, also dosn't help that some are still working Sats due to the holiday season. However, we should be out in full force for the Cup match and in the meantime, Everton Dave will be having lessons in how to drum !

We all enjoyed the banter and hope that it was taken by your dugout as we took it from them, in good humour. See you soon boys !

Carlsberg South West Peninsula League Division One West sat aug 15

---------------------------------------------------------------

# Team Pl Wo Dr Lo Gf Ga Dif Pts

1 Plymstock 1 1 0 0 3 0 3 3

2 Porthleven 1 1 0 0 5 3 2 3

3 Newquay 1 1 0 0 4 2 2 3

4 Camelford 1 1 0 0 2 1 1 3

5 Perranporth 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 3

6 St Austell 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 3

7 Foxhole 1 0 1 0 1 1 0 1

8 Millbrook 1 0 1 0 1 1 0 1

9 Dobwalls 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 1

10 Truro 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 1

11 Godolphin 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

12 Mousehole 1 0 0 1 1 2 -1 0

13 Callington 1 0 0 1 0 1 -1 0

14 Penryn 1 0 0 1 0 1 -1 0

15 Vospers 1 0 0 1 3 5 -2 0

16 Hayle 1 0 0 1 2 4 -2 0

17 Wendron 1 0 0 1 0 3 -3 0

15/08/2009 Callington 0 - 1 St Austell

15/08/2009 Dobwalls 0 - 0 Truro

15/08/2009 Hayle 2 - 4 Newquay

15/08/2009 Millbrook 1 - 1 Foxhole

15/08/2009 Mousehole 1 - 2 Camelford

15/08/2009 Perranporth 1 - 0 Penryn

15/08/2009 Porthleven 5 - 3 Vospers

15/08/2009 Wendron 0 - 3 Plymstock

Watched Port win 5-3 at home to Vospers today. Well deserved win i thought, and a fantastic comeback from 3-1 down, with an outfield player in goal after half hour (due to injury to keeper Richard Pennington).

Front two looked sharp, and the wide players, in particular Ed Timmons provided some quality. All in all a great team effort.

Vospers certainly a physical side, who weren't afraid to put it about, had some tidy attacking players, but looked sluggish at the back and struggled to cope with runs by Dan Stidwell in the channels and into the corners.

Cant remember all the scorers, Ash Stidwell had a 25yard screamer to make it 4-3.

Well done lads!!! :thumbsup: :clapper:

Hayle 2 v 4 Newquay AFC

Hayle went 1-0 up before Jake hit back with a Pen. It was 2-1 HT

Chrissy, Macca and Riggers with Newquays 2nd half goals. 2-4 FT

Jinx broken. Can't say anymore as writing a column for the Newquay Voice and obviously Wise Words in next Sats prog v Penryn.

what was the newquay line up???

what was the newquay line up???

4-5-1 Formation

16yr old Ryan Barnes

Ash Bradshaw, Sam McKune, Dave Venn, Dean Blatch

Jake Hartigan, Shaun Middleton, Paul Hampshire, Luke Rigby, Orrin Crowle

Chris Luxton

Subs, Scott Palmer, Paul Robertson, Glenn Rogers all used. Joff Bunt not used

Wendron lineup Josh was:

GK-Luke Hilliard

LB-Guy (dunno surname)

CB-Brett Andrews

CB-James Mosely

RB-Ashley P (again not sure of surname)

LM-Liam Dury

CM-Steve Gumbo (i think thats his surname)

CM-Ryan Tresidder

RM-Moha Imchichi

AM-Marcus Smith

CF-ALan Rogers

Guest local_football_supporter

You get on or something penners? heard he bombed you out a week to go

I heard penners got on big time , and he is not the only one Mike Hunt has shit on since taking over either , if people are not in his plans he has been stringing them along and stringing them along , Why not just be straght with people ,

Hunt is a man who has no honnor at all !!!!! wouldnt trust him as far as i could throw him.

Hunt is quickly becoming one of the most un-popular managers in the plymouth area , with the money situatuation last season with cally and his behavour this summer with how he treats players , I certainly wouldnt shake his hand if i was a oppisitikon player or manager , As i only shake the hands of real men , not cowards !!!!!

You get on or something penners? heard he bombed you out a week to go

I heard penners got on big time , and he is not the only one Mike Hunt has on since taking over either , if people are not in his plans he has been stringing them along and stringing them along , Why not just be straght with people ,

Hunt is a man who has no honnor at all !!!!! wouldnt trust him as far as i could throw him.

Hunt is quickly becoming one of the most un-popular managers in the plymouth area , with the money situatuation last season with cally and his behavour this summer with how he treats players , I certainly wouldnt shake his hand if i was a oppisitikon player or manager , As i only shake the hands of real men , not cowards !!!!!

Be careful or Cally/Millbrook/Vospers Mike will be on to you !

Yeh did get on massively a week before the season....won't go into detail but would never trust him again, can handle being bombed I'm big enough and ugly enough to take it on the chin, but if I was ever to go into management I wouldn't take anything from Mickey Hunts' school of man-management, full of !! :SM_carton:

Wendron lineup Josh was:

GK-Luke Hilliard

LB-Guy (dunno surname)

CB-Brett Andrews

CB-James Mosely

RB-Ashley P (again not sure of surname)

LM-Liam Dury

CM-Steve Gumbo (i think thats his surname)

CM-Ryan Tresidder

RM-Moha Imchichi

AM-Marcus Smith

CF-ALan Rogers

thanks marcus

hopefully be involved sometime in the next couple weeks once back from usa

I personally was dissapointed with the Plymstock players as when we were given a drop ball we kicked it back to them, but when they were given the drop ball on the edge of our area they didnt return the favour, won a corner and the goal (a lovely one at that) came from the resulting corner

they say a teams behavour reflects that of its manager , and im sorry to say if thats what happened it would be a fair reflection of a man that has NO morrell scrupples what so ever

When the drop ball was announced by the ref, i said are you going to kick it back? the plymstock players looked around (obviously for some guidance from somewhere) then turned round and said NO-we want to win!! i was shell shocked and said we gave you our drop ball but the message was to try and gain an advantage from it! which was sooo dissapointing and then obvioulsy they won the corner and scored from it which completely changed the game. And as we have such a young team it seemed to crush them after battling so hard for so long and myself and Brett tried hard to pick the youngsters back up again then Brett went off injured and it opened up completly then.

Still we will continue to try and prove everyone wrong that we are not just there to be the whooopin lads of the West div!!

see you wednesday boys :clapper:

......myself and Brett tried hard to pick the youngsters back up again then Brett went off injured and it opened up completly then.

see you wednesday boys :clapper:

Old man smithy, you look like one of the youngest in the team! Only just 24? Must be a fake I.D.. Bit patronising

Patronising?

that is something i am not! myself and brett are the two most experienced players in our starting lineup as the majority have been promoted from junior leagues-and yes i do feel old being surrounded by 16/17 yr olds who are fitter than me!! lol

anyway-whats it to you?

Guest SAILED THE SEVEN SEAS

wendron u got massive problems.sorry but there is blooding ggod youngsters in good sides.but then there is ruining them in a crap one.(men against kids) you need some senior personel in that club mighty fast or i feel the worst for the whole club. i watched this game and it could have been double figures.whos the manager my god he hasnt a clue.sorry fellas you try hard but i wont being watching that crap again.lower league football heading your way i feel

I agree with you seven seas, dont think Plymstock keeper had a save to make, got to feel sorry for wendron tho, great set up, good ground but poor side.

questions got to be asked why know one wants to play for wendron

Cause who wants to travel all the way down there when you can play for a team of a simular set up in an around plymouth?

its a sad fact and sorry to bring it up, but the fact is that wendron dont pay their players, and therefore have to rely on youth and loyal players.

perhaps it would be better if the club dropped down for several seasons and re-establish themselves, but there is no reason why wendron cant be a success this season once confidence builds and the team get used to one another.

Guest four four two

And still the debate continues about plymstock manager micky hunt from a select few of users on this forum.. I have been reading various posts for quite a while and there seems to be a trend of a certain few users who i won't mention as im sure they know who they are who continue to show in my opinion a lack of respect towards micky hunt.. Give the guy a break he is a young manager who seems to have a great knowledge about the game and in my opinion can go a long way.. i think the narrow mindedness from these select few should concentrate on there own jobs in hand and keep there some what biased and harsh opinions to themselves..Do the guys commenting on the callington situation really know what happened i think not the only people who know what really went on would of been the callington chairman and micky himself so how others can comment is ridiculous...As for not treating players the right way we all know pre-season is a tough time trying to get the squad you want and if it means letting players go then so be it its mens football grow up and accept the fact you obviously were'nt good enough for whatever reason.. All in all micky hunt is one of the most talented managers in the league let the guy get on with his job in achieving the best for plymstock this season and let him be judged on results....

The fact of the matter is Wendron do not pay players as it puts the club at risk. As for the Plymstock game there was a degree of un-professionalism however they were in control for most of the game, Wendron battled valiantly, creating very little however defending in numbers and making some exeptional tackles, Plymstock had a good bunch of players and should do okay this season. People have wendron down as whipping boys but i think they will surprise a few people this year, only 3 players have experience of playing in the Peninsula league, the striker Smith who was at wendron last season along with Brett Andrews and Ryan Tresidder who has come from Truro City Reserves, believed to be because of convenience issues. As a spectator it seemed like these 3 ran the line along with the left back Mills who looks a very tidy player, Andrews making some superb tackles including a last ditch which resulted in his injury, Tresidder seems very established on the ball however lack of getting it seemed to snuffle the creating to Smith who causes a handful on occasions. I hope Wendron do stay up and i will certainly be watching more of the games, Good luck to Plmystock also.

Well said 4-4-2 and totally agree in wot your saying, i signed for Plymstock this summer and been very impressed with the Gaffer, i would say hes probably one of the best Gaffers ive played for....and for Local football supporter or should we say Dane Bunny to say Micky is one of the most unpopular football managers around the Plymouth area is a joke!! why dont you just focus on your own club.

Anyway good luck to Wendron for the season,

Guest Dane Bunney

Beckham , I find that claim astonishing , you randomly accused me of slating another manager in public , as micky hunt knows if I have something to say I ring the person in question up and say it to him , not post it on the net behind a name , while I totally deny making the remarks on this topic. I can confirm I know who local football supporter is , asd do many others , I'd like to turn your remarks back to u mr beckham and remind you ti concentrate on playing for your club rather than stirring rubbish that !!!!

Dane surprise you actually got the right user name, you have about 4 or 5 different user names, we all know that....how sad! :SM_carton:, anyway gonna close this subject now as its should be about football and not about bitching, so dont bother replying as one of your different user names.

good luck for the season, im sure you will do better this season, you cant do any worse tho! :SM_carton:

Truro City Res. Line-up:

Jason Peters;

Sam Gerken, Muhammed Sabo, Terry Rowe, Andy Van Evelingen;

Lewis Edwards, Tom Shaughnessy (Joe McQuade 65), Dan Green, Karl Baker;

Rob Dunn (Tom Ball 70), Christian Lett (Josh Sims 80);

Subs Not Used: Lewis Ellis, Richy Rundle;