Cornwall Football Forum

Tonights SWPL(P) results - Tuesday August 11th

Good win for Saltash. I wonder if Ivybridge will even be in the league next season. Surly time is running out to have ground work completed!!!

Launceston maybe in for a hard season. Normally a hard team to beat. Going to need a good to turn things round quick there.

Roll on tomorrow night. :drink:

182!! Excellent if these crowds are correct. Are these all paying spectators or a head count?

Makes you wonder!! :rolleyes:

I'm not saying there wasn't a 182 there tonight, I can't comment because I wasn't one of them, but i've always been dubious of Ivybridge Town crowds since the first season of the SWPL. I went there for a game and there were only about 25 spectators but they reported the crowd to the league as being in the 80's.

Maybe they were afraid of having the lowest Premier Division gate, I don't know but even adding the players and management wouldn't have got it into the 80's!!

Well you wont be the first mate. Some of the crowd figures where ive been following St Blazey have been so far out its untrue. They say people from the West Country get left behind but if most count like the ones counting in the fans then theres no wonder!! :D

Good performance by Parkway again tonight, Good start to the new season..... saying that Launceston and Torpoint are poor sides, test will be when they play the big boys,,

Paul, think your right...think, Launs will be in top 6

u say launs are a poor side then say they will finish top 6 10 minutes later?

there was no where near 182 at ivy last night!!!

Parkway game last night was very open first half and good to watch, 2nd half Launceston never came out, some bad mistakes for all of the goals, but sarg showd why he is up thir, very impressd with parkway wide man, he has played higher before he came there, cant think of his name, and josh fenwick, one for the future, red the game well. WELL DONE PARKWAY

Tavi v St Blazey should be a really good match tonight. Even when St Blazey won all those titles, Tavi away was always a close match. Tonight shouldnt be any different.

Buckland will be up there all the way this season. Good club with a decent fan base so a good club for this league. Look forward to our trip there in a few months. :thumbsup:

After watching the Ashes against Ivybridge, i cant help but think that Wrighty is gonna score a hatful again this season.

Also Carlton Farnham, who has been outstanding in pre season was unlucky not to get a hat trick, and Lee Doel could have scored 3 as well.

Quietly confident for this season, and hopefully we wont have our customary bad start to the season

Roll on Chard in the cup on Saturday

Guest SLIC VIC

RAVO. The young lad you mention is Gavin Cockman played for Harlowe Town reserves plus some first team appearrances, not sure what league they are in perhaps Mike Odgers may help with that one.

Guest Postie Pidge

Good win for Saltash. I wonder if Ivybridge will even be in the league next season. Surly time is running out to have ground work completed!!!

Maybe this is the reason why Ivybridge finish their home games in January

beckham you obviously didnt watch the game tuesday night as think its unfair to come to the conclusion launeston are a poor side.launeston out played parkway for majority of the first half and apart from a 10 minute spell where parkway got a few crosses in they were comfortable. launeston lost there main attacking threat after 10 mins through an injury,have a few out through suspension and injury and a couple people who started the game tuesday havnt done a preseason through injury so think your comments are a bit harsh to say the least.,a parkway official was quoted as saying they were lucky to still be in it by halftime.Agreed 2nd half was a shocker and any team that concededs 3 goals in 5 minutes after the break through errors are going to struggle to lift themselves and make a game of it but it was a complete freak and that was the only way a fit well organised but extremely average parkway side were going to win.

And Paul think your comment " they are usually hard to beat " is so funny as the clarets took 6 points off you last season and at your place your keeper stopped it from being a cricket score.But wont take your comments to heart as i dont think your the sharpest tool in the box.I know your comeback is going to be we have a different team now so it will be different this season so dont bother wasting your energy and make another statement after this one .UP THE CLARETS !!!

Randy,

I understand your rant, and i have to agree launceston were the better team overall in the first half but no games are ever won at half time. But unfortunately goals win games. I thought launceston were very poor at the back which lacked organisation and understanding, which was also highlighted by the two errors that occurred against Bovey (having read the report, if i'm wrong I apologise). Having saying that they will not finish anywhere near the bottom as they have some very talented players but I can't see them mounting a title challenge. In my eyes they flatter to deceive every year. They raise their game for the "so called" big teams but fail against the "so called" lesser teams. Very inconsistent overall.

I do find you comment about "a fit, well organised but extremely average" parkway team a tad contradicting. If you are Fit and Organised surely that is half the battle.? I have heard many people say in the past that "you don't need the best players to be the best team". I'm not saying Parkway are the best team in the league as the season is two games old ( i feel saltash are) but give them a break. Having witnessed their win against bodmin, the verdict was "bodmin were poor", then reading comments after the torpoint game (as i wasn't able to make it) "torpoint deserved more from the game", then reading your comments on the game the other night launceston deserved more. Blimey, i'm glad i'm only a spectator and not involved as it's one bitch after another. I hardly ever witness polite comments on any team anymore.

Good luck to all for the season