Cornwall Football Forum

Frogpool 5 a side

Guest Postie Pidge

Guest Postie Pidge

Congrats to Darren Lewarne and Redruth United who won the (9th?) Frogpool 5 a side tournament today.

They defeated a Falmouth Athletic team 3-1 after extra time in the final

A big thanks to Nick and everyone at Frogpool FC for another great tournament.

Despite the poor weather there was some great footy played. Really good fun.

Congratulations also to winners Redruth Utd. We were leading in the final with a minute to go.

But there forward put away a great equaliser and extra time winners.

Falmouth Athletic shall definitely be back next year for another go!

And I hope Postie Pidges back is better. Poor bloke couldnt move from the semi final onwards.

Pidge - thanks for the congrats. You did well in the final, despite having more limited movement than me on the pitch :D

It was actually the 10th year of the competition, which started in 2000.

Very pleased and proud of my team that we've now won this tourno 4 times in the last 6 years.

Well done to my fellow team-mates: Adam "Smokes" Williams in goal, Andrew "Mushy" Symons, Jake Williams and Luke "Abbo" Abbott-Smith who each gave 125% to make up for fielding me in their side as well. lol lol. It's 2 days later, and I'm still aching! :o

Thanks also to my cousin Ollie for stepping in as 6th man cover in the group games.

Well done to Nick, Michelle and the Frogpool faithful for another well-organised tournament.

And a final sad note to Jane's friends and family - Jane has been Frogpool through and through and wasn't able to attend this tournament. I heard this evening that sadly she died in hospital today, following her admittance for an operation. Sympathies to her closest.

Very sorry to hear about Jane. Deepest sympathy to her family and Frogpool FC.

Jane did a lot for the club and was always helpful.

Only last Friday she was giving me details of Saturdays tournament.

But said she couldnt make the event because of a hospital stay.

Jane will be missed by many.

Guest 00Frogman

RIP Jane. :(

Having played for Frogpool for many years, I know she has very much been at the heart of the club -along with Nick and Michelle Mallaber.

She had Frogpool in her heart, and was a great asset to Cornish football. I hope she is at rest, with a large vodka in hand!

Just looked at this post and I have to say I am shocked and saddened by the news about Jane

She was a fantastic lady with such a big heart, Always had time for a chat and I even went out on a night out with her and the folk from frogpool once and boy did she know how to have fun great fun loving person to be around

My thoughts are with the family and close friends

Congrats to Darren and the lads at Redruth for winning yet another Frogpool 5 a side you seem to just love that tournament mate