Cornwall Football Forum

Carharrack v Grampound Friendlies

Carharrack 2-1 Grampound

Carharrack Res. 1-4 Grampound Res.

Two really good games played in an excellent spirit followed by some fantastic hospitality by the home club - we could not have been made more welcome. Thank you to all at Carharrack - a terrific club, it is so good to see a proper club atmosphere after the games - we will be very happy to continue our new relationship and will hope to welcome you to our place next year to return the compliment you paid us by everyone staying on for a bbq and some drinking races which,I am pleased to say, turned out all square in the end.

Thanks again to Carharrack FC.

Allan Webb

Chairman, Grampound FC

Carharrack 2-1 Grampound

Carharrack Res. 1-4 Grampound Res.

Two really good games played in an excellent spirit followed by some fantastic hospitality by the home club - we could not have been made more welcome. Thank you to all at Carharrack - a terrific club, it is so good to see a proper club atmosphere after the games - we will be very happy to continue our new relationship and will hope to welcome you to our place next year to return the compliment you paid us by everyone staying on for a bbq and some drinking races which,I am pleased to say, turned out all square in the end.

Thanks again to Carharrack FC.

Allan Webb

Chairman, Grampound FC

I'll second that Allan. A superb day out; a big thanks to Carharrack FC. Good luck for the season, I'm sure with your superb club set-up you'll do very well.

Alastair Woodman

Grampound Reserves player/manager

I as manager of Carharrack 1st team Billy, would like to thank all of Grampound for a fantastic day. The football was great but just to have made some new friends is what the game is all about, and we look forward to the next time at your place, good luck to you in the forth coming season. We will have to do the yard of ale at yours next time :) Once again many thanks for a great day.

Can i just say thank u grampound .. cracking day ... shame my first game as a manager didnt get a better result but i was pleased with lads first game 2geva... but glad u guys all njoyed the games and having a laugh... cant wait for next year ... my lads will b roaring for revenge!!!

jamie chown

carharrack res manager!

:drink::drink::drink::drink: :drink:

25/07/2009

Pre Season Friendly

Carharrack 2 Grampound 1

In their first pre season friendly FHFL 2 Carharrack overcame Duchy 1 side Grampound. With everyone on the pitch looking to make a impression, Carharrack were unlucky not to have taken the lead straight away when Richy Ward shoot at goal hit the post after only 20 secs. Playing some competitive football, the first goal of the game didn’t take long to come when Carharrack’s new signing Matt Sara scored from a direct free kick on the 8th minute. The game was fairly even throughout the half but it was Brenden Dennis who extended the home sides lead on the 33rd, the initial strike was superbly saved by the visitors goalkeeper but Dennis reacted quickly to put the rebound into the back of the net. After the interval, a reorganised Grampound fought back but could not seem to finish, much to their strikers frustration. Making the most of the friendly both teams made substitutions and it was Grampound who hit the wood work four times in the later stages of the game. In the end it was a own goal from a failed clearance that gave the visitors a fighting chance of a result but it came too late as the referee signalled for full time shortly after.

Carharrack: Joff Malabar, Tristan Burrows, Craig Moyle, Martin Murphy, Ashley Smeeth, Matt Mitchell, Matt Sara, Ryan Curnow, Richy Ward, Brenden Dennis, Mark Miller, Kevin Endeen, Adam Meers, Paul Jolly.