Cornwall Football Forum

Would Robartes look to step up to Combo if they win it ? Any other clubs likely to seek promotion ?

Storm looking for promotion mine and andys challenge is to get them up so we will try and succeed and we do that more often than not!!! side looking good and strong this year and the mental side as improved as well as the experience mix. hoping to give it a real go this year

Don't agree there mate.

Dixie will be replaced by Tommo who is first class. We missed him for most of last season and missed his goals. We will miss some of the qualities that Dixie brought with him but will find a new style of play I'm sure.

JD and Wadey hardly ever played to be honest. Think they played a combined total of about 7 games between them last season. There is a very different look to the club this year. A few players have come and gone, and I wouldn't like to say if we were stronger or not.

I think the atmosphere is good and the players we have will be more committed than in the previous couple of seasons. In spells of the game against Falmouth Town last week we looked awesome, then in other spells we looked like any team would kick our asses, lets hope the first lot turn up for the league season. If that is the case then we will be in with a chance against whoever we play.

I would also add that St buryan have a good club and were strong last season... don't rule them out of it this season. Plus... I am looking forward to seeing what Four Lanes line up like too. I'll be able to get a good look as it looks like I'm out injured for a long time. BOO HOO :(

i dont know what game you were watchin fatso, strom were rubbish and will be lucky 2 finish mid-table good luck 2 strom and tasker :thumbsup:

STROM were rubbish heh?????? Good quote!

To be honest its too early in the season to say who will do what especially after we have only played 1 preseason game so far and half of the players were absent from that.

It'll be good to not start as one of the favorites but I think we will be there or thereabouts this season

taffy..... name 1 side that plays a passing game in the mining league <_<

mining league has changed a little bit in recent years..... most teams try and pass the ball alot more now.

We played st blazey 2nds and all they were doing was playing the long ball and we was ripping them up on the floor

i dont know what game you were watchin fatso, strom were rubbish and will be lucky 2 finish mid-table good luck 2 strom and tasker :thumbsup:

Yes you do... you must of been there too eh?

I guess it's best to have a look at it come the end of the season. If we finish mid-table then we haven't played well enough obviously.

I hope the boys we have got, and any new players arriving in the meantime, give it a real good go. Hopefully I can join the team at some point in the season.

Illogan Will Be Favourites,As Most People Said They Won It Last Year! Storm Have Bigged Themselves up. Will They Be Another Troon Where Everyone Hates Them Only Time Will Tell...Heard Very Mixed Reports... Storm Say They Have Amazing Squad And are Playing Good Football,Yet People Who Have Watched Them Are Saying Different,WE WILL SEE!! Fancy Robartes Up There Darren Troon Is A Top Bloke/Manager And Always Gets The Best Out Of His Guys!!

1 of the worst games i think i have ever watched...storm headin 4 div2 :clapper::clapper::clapper:

plus holmans going 2 junior football thanks 2 caddy hope ray and gary can keep them up top blokes :thumbsup:

2-1 Holmans! Holmans Had Boo,and Les Simmons At The Back And Neil Pitt in The Middle!

Thanks Stroker we felt that we needed to get the average age up a bit so our combined 120years helped loads and Les was in the middle with me but he still runs up and down like a 23 year old!!!!

Disagree with the "worst game of football" tag and that everyone is going to hate storm....Why?? They are one of the frendliest teams in the league and want to progress to a higher standard of football what is the matter with that??? Pre-season freindlies are designed to shake the cobwebs off and personally I would like to thank Mat, Tasky and Darren for giving us the opportunity to play at their pitch whilst ours is unavailable due to cricket and at times both teams tried to get it on the deck and pass it.

Holmans are recovering well after the departure of the whole team (bar Tony Eddy & Tarik Kalkan) but the club has done the best with the players that have stayed with some good training sessions and a new found togetherness is starting to develop....club loyalty is a wonderful thing and i'm sure a lot of people will agree. Obviously we will be one of the favourites for the drop from the combo but as long as we enjoy it off the pitch as well as on it maybe we may surprise a couple of people...and maybe not but hey you cant say we didnt try!!! :D

By the way any players that may not make it into anyones squad is more then welcome at Blaythorne just give me a PM and I will get in touch....we've still got to field a FHFL1 side yet and its starting to get emotional lol :D (Hope thats not classed as an illegal approach!!!!)

As for the subject of this thread I think the top 3 will be Illogan, Robartes & Storm in that order and I also tip Illogan as much as it pains me because I wont hear the last of it from Gareth for the Junior Cup. Holmans (Combo) play Illogan (Mining 1) next Thursday at Illogan 7pm kick off in a pre-season friendly.

i have a few friends down at storm so i dont hate them just thought it was a poor game they need a new team if they are goin 2 finish in the top 3 pitty.......... :thumbsup:

We have struggled massively on midweek games due to work committments and travelling, I'm not making excuses as we still played badly and fair play to holmans they wanted it more. But we had 7 first teamers out and it showed, I think todays game vs Hayle at 4.30 will give us a better idea of where we are at. Really enjoyed the game missed playing up against Pitty as it is always great fun, football as it should be.

Oh and no one mentioned my goal for both sides!! <_<

Sorry I forgot to mention the goals Matt which were both totally different in style!

A 30 yard chip of the goalie to take Storm 1-0 up showed pure class. Then a preadatory like 4yd tap in showing what great instincts and the ability to pounce on a loose ball from a set piece you have..................just a shame it was your own goal and our equaliser!!! hahahaha :D:D :D

by the way storm v hayle o-o the result we had everyone available and we drew with hayle combo side so if we can keep this side available for the rest of the season we will be there or thereabouts at the end, thanks pitty for your comments and i wish you every success but not your bro lol only kidding whoever finishes top will deserve to be there on merit, me and andy just want a side that will compete and get promotion for storm. Andy and i are very pleased with the squad which has great potential but we wont know how much until the season starts so bring the season on we are nearly ready St Blazey on saturday at storm.