Cornwall Football Forum

Duchy Division 2

We at Bere Alston are not new to Division 2 as we came over from St Ann's at the end of the season, alot of our league is made up of teams that were promoted last year and unknown to us.

Wondered what others thought?

We hope we can challenge but haven't plsyed a game together yet so can't tell how new faces will gel.

Think Looe reserves will take some stopping if they have the same squad as last year. Watched them play in bodmin end of last season, some players in there that are unplayable at this level.

I think it will be a battle of the promoted teams to be honest. Dont think many of the teams from last seasons div 2 will be pushing?

Looe

Lanreath

Losti

??? Any thoughts?

Wouldn't disagree with that, Rob Spencer from Looe will be the best player in this division, and potentially the entire league outside of the premier - class act. Closely followed by Will Glassup in their midfield. And no, I'm not Looe player or fan, one of their rivals actually!

Yeah i agree the teams from last year that are left weren't that strong, although if St breward have kept jamie kay and maybe added some experience to there young side, they could be outsiders. Was very impressed with the young talent they have there.

We've lost a few players and some have gone to the first team but that should mean we get some players moving into are squad from the 1st's.

For the record, Bere Alston's (Div Three) promotion winning side were entirely made up of Plymouth based players and, despite doing a great job in his first season at adult football, when the manager left so did all the players.

Bere Alston is a club that traditionally look towards building their squads with predominantly local lads and as such made a swift approach to St Anns Chapel with an offer to become our 2nd team, which they accepted.

It is very clear so far that the continuity and spirit within the club is returning and Wally and the ex-St Anns lads have come in and been superb in training with regards to their attendance, workrate and commitment and with the mixture of ex-St Anns, a few locally based lads that were previously in the Bere 2nd team and one or two of the fringe players from last seasons 1st team I think they will do very well in Duchy two this season.

If these Looe players are that good(and I have every reason to believe they are) how come they are not playing Senior football.Surely some might be of value to Polperro,MattP.

It beats me, all of the players live in the same town, some of these lads have just got no ambition and prefer to stay in the comfort zone. There are players at Polperro (and probably most clubs) that will go a lot further with far less talent than some of these lads. Watch them though, on their day they're frightening.

If these Looe players are that good(and I have every reason to believe they are) how come they are not playing Senior football.Surely some might be of value to Polperro,MattP.

It beats me, all of the players live in the same town, some of these lads have just got no ambition and prefer to stay in the comfort zone. There are players at Polperro (and probably most clubs) that will go a lot further with far less talent than some of these lads. Watch them though, on their day they're frightening.

Hi MattP,

Looking forward to loads of local derbys this season, as Chairman I may be watching more of the seconds than firsts, I think that the promoted clubs will do well this season and our ambition is to get the 2nds as close to the 1st's as possible.

See you up at Rally Park, I'll buy you a pint

Willser we have the same situation as Looe, four of our starting line up from last year have either moved away, been promoted to the 1st team, and one has decided to chance an egg on a saturday.

But after the two games we've played we look to have found good replacements. Not as individualy talented as the players that have left, but definately improving are whole squad. Thanks to coachKT we're fitter and it shows to the end of the games we've played. Looking forward to playing Lamerton on thursday to see how we match up against duchy prem opposition.

Don't right of Calstock this season either. They are a strong physical side, and have apparently signed some good players.

Powells have gone to the dizzy heights of Duchy 5 St Cleer reserves, along with their brother Lee Harry. Not so sure about Spencer leaving, that remains to be seen.

Maximus buying a pint?? That'll be a first! Be good to be back on my old stamping ground at Rally park, I'm expecting big things from lanreath.

why do you think it will be lostwithiel or lanreath what is so special about these two teams

Not saying that there gonna win. But both were very consitstant last year. The league is wide open mate, who do you think will win the leage 2 left feet?

why do you think it will be lostwithiel or lanreath what is so special about these two teams

Not saying that there gonna win. But both were very consitstant last year. The league is wide open mate, who do you think will win the leage 2 left feet?

i think that lostwithiel stand a good chance as they have only one team unlike the others who have first teams who swop players around

Rob Spencer will be staying at Looe, so is probably the favourite to be top scorer in the division this year. Even without the Powell brothers I'd argue that Looe are likely to be even stronger this year, with all of their youngsters a season wiser, and ex-SWL keeper Mark Henwood signed on they'll take some stopping - but we'll try!

NEWLYN WILL BE THERE OR THERE ABOUTS THIS YEAR!

WE HAVE A SOLID DEFENCE WITH SHAUN PRITCHARD AND RUSSELL WITHERS AND GOOD MIDFIELD WITH RY P, TAFFY AND KARL MONK PLUS YOUNGSTER JIMMY! AND WITH LUKE WORRELL AND MYSELF UPFRONT WE WILL BE BANGING IN THE GOALS!

WE WERE UNLUCKY LAST SEASON WITH US LOSING SOME STUPID GAMES BUT BEAT ALL THE TEAMS AROUND US MOSTLY HOME AND AWAY!(WITH THE EXCEPTION OF LOOE WHEN WE LOST 7-1 WHEN WE HAD 9 PLAYERS MISSING AND THEY BANGED IN LOADS OF 1ST TEAMERS)

SHOULD BE AN INTERESTING SEASON THOUGH

i think lanreath will have a good chance of getting promoted from the division. Maybe even winning it??

I think rob spencer has signed now, but i will find out tomorrow.

I know some of the looe players have left so not sure what their squad will look like.

Yeh ryan and jamie powell (my cousins) have gone to duchy 5 to play with a few more family memebers!

Oh and lee harry will score a lot of goals in that league!

i think lanreath will have a good chance of getting promoted from the division. Maybe even winning it??

I know some of the looe players have left so not sure what their squad will look like.

Yeh ryan and jamie powell (my cousins) have gone to duchy 5 to play with a few more family memebers!

Rob Spencer has signed for Lanreath, or for Looe?

Rob Spencer has signed for Lanreath, or for Looe?

Lanreath finished strong last season. Hope their first team dont mess them up

Powells have gone to the dizzy heights of Duchy 5 St Cleer reserves, along with their brother Lee Harry. Not so sure about Spencer leaving, that remains to be seen.

Maximus buying a pint?? That'll be a first! Be good to be back on my old stamping ground at Rally park, I'm expecting big things from lanreath.

Well Matt P we will see, I have been to most of the training sessions and I'm impressed with the second team squad, there are a few faces from Plymouth which are missing but the core of last years team have reported for duty along with some impressive new faces.

The manager has bought in some fresh talent and will also have a couple of ex 1st teamers, we at Lanreath are trying a few new things, our training starts with an hour of fitness work (with a fitness instructor) followed by normal training and the pre-season matches are showing that the fitness level is good.

Yes I'll buy you a pint as it is only £1.50 at Lanreath but only if you buy me a pint at the Ship (Looe) :smiley20::drink:

im sure the first team wont mess them up!

and i believe rob spencer has now signed for looe! i think so anyway!

Your right Fab15, the 1st team wont mess them up, we are a strong club for a small village and we will be fielding two strong sides this year, which is how a club should be run. :D :D

Well Matt P we will see, I have been to most of the training sessions and I'm impressed with the second team squad, there are a few faces from Plymouth which are missing but the core of last years team have reported for duty along with some impressive new faces.

The manager has bought in some fresh talent and will also have a couple of ex 1st teamers, we at Lanreath are trying a few new things, our training starts with an hour of fitness work (with a fitness instructor) followed by normal training and the pre-season matches are showing that the fitness level is good.

Yes I'll buy you a pint as it is only £1.50 at Lanreath but only if you buy me a pint at the Ship (Looe) :smiley20::drink:

Your right Fab15, the 1st team wont mess them up, we are a strong club for a small village and we will be fielding two strong sides this year, which is how a club should be run. :D:D

I think two left feet has a point though. Players gel better when playing for just one team

Your right Fab15, the 1st team wont mess them up, we are a strong club for a small village and we will be fielding two strong sides this year, which is how a club should be run. :D:D

Sounds like a deal Max!! See you in 3 or 4 weeks

Not questioning strength of club, its how individual players feel themselves about playing or even being asked(told)to play at different levels of football. Their own ambitions are with one team. Yes a comfort zone if you like. Its about feeling pressured into playing in a team of players that you don't really know and don't want to be with. Its about enjoying the game week in week out with your mates and you get that rythym flowing and you play on instinct . Some times playing in another team in a different league is like being a fish out of water, your confidence drops and you don't play well and sometimes you lose your place in the 2nd team for a few weeks because you have lost that relationship :wacko: . Players are asked to step up to the first team to fill a void but usually spend more time on the bench than playing, and being told you were only asked just in case, which to me suggests I'm not good enough to play for the firsts, so why bother asking me. Personally and a lot of other players want to play for one team only and don't want to be pressured into playing for another team.