Cornwall Football Forum

Portreath need a Keeper!!!!!

Guest bunditheboss

Guest bunditheboss

hi all respectable keepers out there, portreath have had 4 training sessions so far and its becoming obvious we need a goal keeper, i have tried but can only dive one way!!!!

if you are a keeper and looking for a challenge then please lets hear from ya, we are also looking for decent players to help strengthen both squads at the moment not too many just afew so no rumours that we are gonna fold or any rubbish like that. we train at RAF Portreath at the moment but are playing on moving this to a astro pitch close by as the wind never stops up on the hill so we are trying to better our facilities for our loyal players, the club is financially in the best place to be at the moment but unfortunately we wont be paying our players this year not like other teams, so i am looking out for players that love playing football and not just there for the money!!!!

if you do get involved with portreath i can offer a great atmosphere, everyone is treated the same and for those good enough you get the oppertunity to play combo football. but dont take this posting as me saying we are desperate for players coz we aint, we are desperate for loyal players who can help our young squad develop.

so here you go put silly remarks on this thread and onyone wishing to come along please pm me or give meady a call on 07977206791

just to add i wish WINNO all the best at all the clubs he goes to this year

Guest bunditheboss

i wouldnt say its anyones fault our players left, the players that have left portreath had great times with roger at the club so i know that the players that left with him would have followed him anywhere, i wish roger all the best for next season as for winno good luck too mate but try and stay with st.day coz anywhere else hasnt got the money for you to attract players!!!!

anyway forget about st.day where the hell can i find a KEEPER and some decent loyal players that will come and have some fun at portreath?????

Guest bunditheboss

ya cheers for that, so apart from winno the great is there any other good keepers out there looking for a club????

winno that great he keeps going to all these clubs???? he has a great following on here to????

Guest gunners

I feel sorry for any keeper that wants to come and play for you bunit.

Just one more thing how much u offering a game.

Also do i have to be local to play in goal for you?????

Guest meady

Hi Cornishteddy boy we are still sorting things out with the pitch at the base. The league is happy with what we want to do. Just a bit to sort with the base its self. We still have Clijah so we might still be there.

Also prazeno8 we only asked for any interested keepers. We don't have an issue with the management at St Day we wish them the best. Players come and go just this year a lot went but hey that’s life there lot worst things happening in the world. We all need to remember this is still grass root football and should be played for fun and that how it should be.

Bundi if you pay me £35 per game I'll play in goal, better get a few good defenders though!

Seriously though, you should perhaps look for a keeper that is playing in Junior football, young and promising who would not normally get a chance in Combo as many clubs like to use experienced keepers. Bit of a gamble but may prove worth it.

I can think of one in particuler that is good enough to play Combo, from a Mining league club, but don't want to go advertising another club's players for them as that wouldn't be fair.

Look into it...

Guest kamali

I am interested but where is portreath from plymouth? i have a car and am prepared to tavel. Where abouts do you play your games (in General)

Guest Reginald Perrin

I am interested but where is portreath from plymouth? i have a car and am prepared to tavel. Where abouts do you play your games (in General)

Its about 70 miles one way... BUT don't waste your time unless;

You want to be picking the ball out of the net all season,

Having to be at a club where bunditheboss is at

Play on maybe one of the top 3 worst pitches in the league

Get relegated

Avoid dog Shite thats on the pitch

the list is endless

:c:

Guest kamali

I will male my own mind up about the team thanks. I don,t appriciate people who are here just to slate oher clubs. Unless you have anyhing constructive to say i suggest you keep quiet and let other s who have got something worth saying speak. GROW UP!!!!

I will male my own mind up about the team thanks. I don,t appriciate people who are here just to slate oher clubs. Unless you have anyhing constructive to say i suggest you keep quiet and let other s who have got something worth saying speak. GROW UP!!!!

In that case cast your eye on the St Day topic and see how well the Porteath faithful have been acting ie Bundi. So if you are a man of your word (by what you've just posted) then you wouldn't sign for someone who just slates others! And i have played Portreath many times so am actually telling it how it is pal.

Here is short cut to other topic so you can make your own mind up on Portreath http://www.cornwallfootballforum.com/forum...showtopic=10810

Just to get back to the point and all the negative comments, i have played for Portreath and it is a good freindly club whose facilitys are decent and arent anywhere near as bad as some people on this forum have said.

I would advise anybody who is looking to play Combo football this season, especially anybody looking to make the step up from junior football, to join Portreath. :)

Guest bunditheboss

jesus guys lets chill alittle here, the comments i am leaving regarding st.day is just harmless stuff, look at all the other people commenting on there and there coments towards st.day are alot worse than mine, i have emailed winno personally and apoligised if i have offended him and my reason behind it was to keep focus on st.day so our club was not on the minds of all the people out there while we are going through a testing time at the club.

on to other matters no one at the club has approached any keepers we have sat back and waited for players to contact us, which one has so far, i wouldnt offer anyone money to play for us at the end of the day we are a friendly club with ambitions so if that aint enough go else where, from training on tuesday we have a very yound squad next year which will definately not get relegated and will cause problems to any side that plays on our SHIT pitch.

portreath club on a ehole is going places and mark my words when we relocate to a new ground and things are going great most of you guys will be begging to be part of it, so sit back enjoy your season and ill see you all next year!!!!!!

Guest Reginald Perrin

portreath club on a ehole is going places and mark my words when we relocate to a new ground and things are going great most of you guys will be begging to be part of it, so sit back enjoy your season and ill see you all next year!!!!!!

Doubt it

the worst thing you can do is sit back and wait for players to come to you!! cos that aint going to happen.

with or without money, managers of Combo sides have one of the hardest jobs to do to attract players. Some want to play higher level, some want to play lower level where its easier and might have a chance on winning things!

Bundi, some of your statements on here really do defy belief sometimes.

Guest meady

Ok let’s start again without all the crap that has been on the other postings. Portreath are looking for players to play in Combo and Mining league. The club is financially ok. We will be more than likely be playing at Clijah which is not the best in league but defiantly not worst. We are short on numbers for both teams like many other teams in the area. Yes players have moved on which is nothing new most to try and improve themselves. We will field a first team ok but need to strengthen it. If we don’t get more players we will struggle for mining league. We are looking for a keeper if that doesn’t happen the poor sods might have to put up with me and wouldn’t wish that on them. So if nothing else please all you keepers keep me out I am to old let alone over weight unfit and some would say crap which is fair comment.

So like many other clubs looking for players please help us out.