Cornwall Football Forum

St Blazey v Perranporth

Was a gd game 2 good quality sides starting pre season... passes from left 2 right and right 2 left.. a what most people would say very debateable goal given by ref with lino not seein the man 3 yards off side ... perranporth i would say had better chances thru rusty had one cleared off line... mikey davies header well saved by the keeper.. and a few other chances goin astray but a good performance from perran and blazey.. first time ive been 2 blaise park( i think it called that) pitched lookin wonderful and very green.. felt very welcome... only 2 quid 2 watch but i think it shud b free lol.. ansom cup of tea lol.. well done 2 all and look foward 2 maybe seeing more of the teams if i get a chance. :drink: .. o can some1 tell me how justin harrington can just run and run and run all day he worse than a duracel bunny this guy isnt human.

Well hello everyone, im back online after almost 6 weeks!!

Im delighted to say that pre season is going well for St Blazey. For a start the ground is looking really good. The pitch is looking as good as ever. Credit to the groundsman and his helpers.

On the pitch, things are looking professional, theres attention to detail and the players look as if their enjoying their football. Perranporth are a good side, Gozzy and Harry could play for any premier side. I expect them to finish in the top 6 next season, maybe even win the league. So tonight was a good work out for both sides.

Wednesday sees St Blazey play an Exeter City side followed by an away trip to Bideford.

Last season we had just two crowds over 100. Going out of all cup competitions in the first round killed alot of interest. So far weve had 121 against Camelford and 143 against Perranporth. Great news to see the interest come flooding back.

The new season cant come quick enough. :drink:

Guest Gears of War

brewer looked class shame about the open goal he missed!!still a quality player and perranporth were very impressive, they definetly created the better chances..credit must go to blazeys keeper for some excellent saves

Perranporth did look impressive last night, this years team is better than last years. Blazeys keeper is like bruce lee B)

In reply to Paul stating that the goundsman at Blazey deserves credit , unfortunately he has been on the sick for the whole off season break so I think that Derek Isbell and Brian Brokenshire deserve a big pat on the back for all their efforts. :clapper: :thumbsup: