Cornwall Football Forum

Pre Season Result - 17/07/09

as parkway decided to call off there game against torquay i decided to go down and watch bodmin vs bideford, what i saw was a very strong bideford side overawed by an even better bodmin side, i thought no.8 for bideford was the best player on the picth by a country mile, but as a unit bodmin look to me to be a better side then last year, no more long ball to dan o'hagen just pure football, very impressed, gonna be a good season this year with many strong teams cant wait for it to get underway

Guest oldhat

Have to agree with Sven. Bideford played some lovely football, but failed to hurt a very well organised Bodmin outfit. Bodmin proved that they have made some quality signings in Smallridge, Matthews and Tapper. They looked quick on the break with Smallridge skinning his marker time after time, then scoring a worldy! Tapper also managed to lobb Draper from 40 yards! With the loss of O'Hagen and Teagle, and missing 4 key players (Miller, Reed, Swiggs, Colwell) tonight, I'm sure many thought they would get turned over by a strong Bideford side,but Bodmin looked more dangerous than ever.

Bodmin; Vercoe, Turner, Smallridge, Morgan, Simmonds, Chambers, Campbell, Morris, Matthews, Berry, Hodge. Subs (all used); Tapper, Paul, Gilbert

as parkway decided to call off there game against torquay i decided to go down and watch bodmin vs bideford, what i saw was a very strong bideford side overawed by an even better bodmin side, i thought no.8 for bideford was the best player on the picth by a country mile, but as a unit bodmin look to me to be a better side then last year, no more long ball to dan o'hagen just pure football, very impressed, gonna be a good season this year with many strong teams cant wait for it to get underway

This friendly is likely to feature fringe players so that Manager Sean Joyce can take a better look at them.

The above is taken from Bideford FC's website. I wasn't at the game so I can't comment either way. What players did Bideford have out then?

how do u come to that conclusion ortega friendlies are warmup games granted but would you like to go into a season have won all your friendlies or lost them all if a player has something about them they will want to win everytime they cross that white line because i know i used to wen i was playin, parkway till i die :blink: dont know where that came from