Cornwall Football Forum

Worst Picth and facilities??

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Godolphin, St Awful, Vospers are 3 that just need a complete start over. I have been told Plymstock is also bad but it is the one ground in Div 1 West I have not yet been to you, so can't comment.

personally i think this thread is wrong

Some clubs are not as fortunate as others in the fact that they dont have a money man to pump money into the club

Remember chances are that these clubs you are saying are awful are probably ran by a bunch of volunteers who give up alot of time :angry2:

Only one club in Div 1 West being heavily bankrolled by one man, the rest are all totally reliant on committees and supporters to do their bit. Have heard that your facilities are improving all the time NDD, care to shed some LIGHT on when the big switch on may be ?

personally i think this thread is wrong

Some clubs are not as fortunate as others in the fact that they dont have a money man to pump money into the club

Remember chances are that these clubs you are saying are awful are probably ran by a bunch of volunteers who give up alot of time :angry2:

:clapper::clapper: well said :clapper::clapper: i think sometimes people forget about the ones who give up thier time to try and get the pitch playable before sat, and the ones who clean the changing rooms and in some clubs the ones who make sure the officials have a mars bar and a drink in the changing room before the game :thumbsup:

What about clubs who have a large playing budget and poor facilites, is that acceptable?

Very good point, some are quite happy to spash out on players and expect councils to provide facilities.

Credit is due to Wendron, Parkway and Wadebridge for using the grants etcs that the Sporting bodies provide, there are others such as Torpoint and Witheridge who have gone down the right routes for lights, so why do some clubs pay out and expect tax payers to help them !

Excellent news, now all I need do is convince the other half that dodging Bank Holiday traffic in Devon would be a fun day out, with some footy to round it off.