Cornwall Football Forum

who got accepted into ecl

Guest MR A

Do we know who got in the league yet ??? Who out of the orginal list ended up making formal applications , if we dont know yet when will we ?

It is interesting to note that Dobwalls have applied but would not be accepted because they were to low in the Duchy League. It would now appear that Dobwalls have resigned from the Duchy League and are proposing to enter the league as a BRAND NEW TEAM through the back door. Millbrook (with no team) have also applied AS A NEW TEAM.

As there would appear to be three places available in the ECPL. Edgcumbe as the Duchy League champions would be promoted asutomatically (providing they have a ground). This would leave two spare places available outside of the Duchy League. Marjons have applied along with Dobwalls and Millbrook.

Any ideas or thoughts anyone.

Before anyone gets excited about attacking the ECPL committee, it is my understanding that the CCFA will back both Dobwalls and Millbrooks applications (that does not mean to say they are backing them to join).

Simple. There has been much talk about the route chosen by clubs who actually do not have a team to apply to have ended after Camelford gained entry to the ECPL without actually having a team.

It would appear not according to the CCFA. Therefore Dobwalls and Millbrook who do not have a team can APPLY to join the ECPL. Applying does not mean acceptance. Therefore the CCFA will allow these clubs to apply to join the ECPL but it cannot force the ECPL to accept them into the league.

As far as St Dennis is concerned. I am led to believe that only the champions of the Duchy League can be promoted. That is unless a team decides not to continue in the ECPL then consideration is given to another Duchy League side, which I assume would be St Dennis could be promoted.

No Mr A, no meeting has taken place yet. There is also the problem of where is Edgcumbe going to play.

At the moment there is just 3 vacancies. The Duchy League champions and two other teams from outside the Duchy. This as it stands is Marjons, Millbrook and Dobwalls. Other teams can apply up to the date of the AGM.

If anyone knows different please post.

Guest MR A

so looking at that is it safe to assume that it will be millbrook and dobwalls who fill the vacant positions . ? i would like to see marjons in as well,but think a season playing saturday football in a lower league to prove its logisticly possible first may benefit all partys. when in june do the clubs find out cause i know from a dobwalls point of view ,you cant plan pre season till you know what league your playing in .

"As far as St Dennis is concerned. I am led to believe that only the champions of the Duchy League can be promoted"

St Dominick got promoted last year as well as St Stephens Borough so the Duchy League Premier Division route cannot be closed to other teams if Edgcumbe go up as champions.

St Dominicl were promoted (perhaps admitted may be a better choice of words?) as runners up.

Call me old fashioned but I would rather see promotion gained on the football pitch and teams who finished runners up or third in the Duchy Premier gain admission in preference to 'new' teams or teams trying to play the rules.

If you want to play in the ECPL then start at the bottom and earn the right to play there.

So why can't St Dennis be accepted if that is the case because both Tamerside, Padstow and St Newlyn East have withdrawn. Does this mean that there will be no relagation again this season. I thought Ecpl was part of the pyramid system if that is the case then teams finishing highest in there respected Legaue should be entertained first. Where are Dobwalls and Millbrook going to get there players from when St Dennis and St Teath have already in place a strong squad of players each.

I also think you will find that St Dennis along with St Teath have also resigned from the Duchy League so Dobwalls can not be chosen instead of these teams or can they????

Despite the first team struggling last season there is a great atmosthere down millbrook , The players accept that the first team manager needs to bring people in to improve the squad , those who will be dropping down would rather stay at the club and develop in a 2nd team than leave the club , One reason behind this is the club appointed a manager from within to insure continuity

last seasons ast manager Ryan Swiggs will be the 2nd team manager being with his ast manager being Roger Wakeham

despite attempts from others to tarnish are reputation we are trying to do things right while at the same time aiming as high as we can and what ever the people at the ecl decide we will accept. if its not the result we are hoping for we will look for alternatives

Millbrookmike, the only people tarnishing your reputation are yourselves over the Edgecombe fiasco!

And no matter who applies to join the ECPL, it will be the member clubs who have the final decision. Any club with serious ambitions will have already started canvassing those member clubs for support - as far as I'm aware, only St Dennis have made the effort so far....

Milbrook Mike, wouldnt you agree that for teams that have worked hard and put a lot of effort in on and off the field to get in a position that they can be promoted should get the nod over teams like Milbrook who just want to enter at that level, dont you think Milbrook reserves should start in Duchy 5 and earn the right?

i think at east cornwall level, the facilities like what millbrook can bring to the league i believe will benefit the league itself. To be fair to millbrook as a club we do not make the rules , if we are allowed to apply, why shouldnt we? same for all the other clubs applying!!! What the First team manager is trying to do is set up a structure to develop players at the club and still playing at a decent standard of football. In the current climate is that not what clubs should be doing rather than searching for money they havent got to pay players money they are not worth ???

From what ive seen and heard this seasons faciltys at millbrook were shody to say the least , i had the unfortunate pleasure of playing once on the surface which was unmainted to say the least.Un cut grass, un even ground shall i say more.Im not sure how many times teams like edgecombe had their games called off because there was a lack or effort put in on the pitch but i no it got to a stage which was unacceptable.meaning they had 9 games in april which they won the majority off and concequently won the league and after an effort such as that it would be a disgrace if millbrook were to have a team in the league edgecombe deserve the right to be in.If the emphasis down millbrook is to move the current first team squad down to their second team then bring it on i play for torpoint 2nds and would value the 6 points which would enavitably be coming their way.This would of been evident if millbrook decided to show to an arranged friendly pre season.It was evident from that date back in last july millbrook were destined to finish at the foot of their league !

Guest MR A

ah how pridictable , someone from torpoint having a pop at millbrook , no doubt we will get acome back from millbrook now !!! goodold fashioned rivalry , cant beat it . Be interesting to hear the views of some of the peninsula 1 west clubs that visited the ground this season ?????

maybe the groundsman only preped the pitch when millbrook themselves were playing????

Guest local_football_supporter

I was down millbrook a few fridays ago watching them play newquay , there was nothing wrong with the pitch, of course its not going to be a bowling green during the winter months ,

Football fan should they get in you wont get any points from them as they will be in div 1!

As an outsider im getting a bit fed up with hearing about the bickering between millbrook ,torpoint and edgecombe. Torpoint still crying about the friendly that never was ,GROW UP . Millbrook crying about phone calls and messy changing room , GROW UP! and edgecombe crying cause big bad millbrook said they cant play there anymoe,GROW UP AND GET ON WITH IT .

if any of you had any sence you would all be championing each others case for being in the league for 2 reasons .

1. it would be good for the area to have 3 teams in a local league as rivals .

and

2. after all is said and done you can compete with the ball instead of your keyboards ,

rant over!!!!!!!

Of course one of the questions has to be .... can that part of the county cope with having three Senior clubs with having to field five Senior teams between them?

After all Millbrook have tried to run a Reserve team in the East Cornwall Premier before and only lasted four seasons dropping out at the end of season 2002/03. And that was probably when their first team and the club as a whole was on a firmer footing!

All questions that the ecl committee will ask im sure . dont think the amount of teams in the area is an issue when you have plymouth on the door step . elburton and plymstock are a short walk from each other and both have 1st teams to run and its not an issue for them.

I agree local football supporter, to much moaning by all concerned and would be good to sort it out on the pitch next season, more local derbys always good, millbrook v edgecombe could be particularly interesting!

As for your comments footballfan, I think u will find the reason edgecombe played 9 back to back home games didn't have a lot to do with games being called off but more to do with millbrook havng to play 12 games in a row at home before Xmas due to the way the fixtures were organized!

As you have properly esatblished by my username I will be the manager of millbrook 2nds next season. My hope is we can get into the ecl as the main reason for running the team is to support the first team, and with no disrespect to other leagues if we don't play in the ecl we probably won't be playing at a standard that will benefit the club. Many teams are finding it difficult in this current economic climate and millbrook are no different, with no budget the only way for teams to survive are to build a club with 1,2or even 3 teams all supporting each other!

"After all Millbrook have tried to run a Reserve team in the East Cornwall Premier before and only lasted four seasons dropping out at the end of season 2002/03. And that was probably when their first team and the club as a whole was on a firmer footing!

As I best remember,Dave,Millbrook were forced to drop out as they were relegated after (obviously) finishing bottom.However, they opted not to demote to the Duchy Premier Division which should have happened.

The way i saw it back then tho , was millbrooks 2nd team was 100% plymouth players! If the had been relegated to duchy those players may as well have stayed in plymouth and played p and d football.

From what i have heard the under 18's over there are all local lads , and if the 2nd team are planning to use some of these boys on a regular basis thats good for the local area.

Maybe swiggsy can shed some light on what his plans are ?

Guest edgcumbetillidie

i dont know all the details about what went on but all ill say about the edgecombe situation is if they can sort out a ground and we get in , that will be one derby worth watching next season.

Hardly a derby though is it?! It would be if the players for Millbrook came from Millbrook and the surrounding area?

Because they dont, and because I have never heard of any of the players playing for "Millbrooks" first team this season, means that I will never count it as a derby.

Torpoints duchy premier team players i see on a near daily basis, they are out at the same pubs as us on a saturday night and the banter is great.

We are all from Torpoint, Millbrook, Cawsand, wherever. You can include Torpoint 2nds in that aswell.

So until you get a load of local lads playing down there, you might have next season I dont know, its hardly a derby to me.

i dont know all the details about what went on but all ill say about the edgecombe situation is if they can sort out a ground and we get in , that will be one derby worth watching next season.

Hardly a derby though is it?! It would be if the players for Millbrook came from Millbrook and the surrounding area?

Because they dont, and because I have never heard of any of the players playing for "Millbrooks" first team this season, means that I will never count it as a derby.

Torpoints duchy premier team players i see on a near daily basis, they are out at the same pubs as us on a saturday night and the banter is great.

We are all from Torpoint, Millbrook, Cawsand, wherever. You can include Torpoint 2nds in that aswell.

So until you get a load of local lads playing down there, you might have next season I dont know, its hardly a derby to me.

are you really really sure about that cause I was with ryan lucassi at callington and he lives in ivybridge and moved to Torpoint FC

All questions that the ecl committee will ask im sure . dont think the amount of teams in the area is an issue when you have plymouth on the door step . elburton and plymstock are a short walk from each other and both have 1st teams to run and its not an issue for them.

I would hope that the ECPL committee WOULD ask those questions, but don't be surprised if it comes down to the usual old pals act (a la Camelford) and the facilities on offer, rather than the strength of the team.

With the FA's Pyramid Structure, EVERY team should have to work their way up from the bottom of the Duchy (or equivalent) league.

I'm expecting Dobwalls & Millbrook to walk in, but I hope I'm wrong.

Guest edgcumbetillidie

Same here MattP.

There are teams that start every year in Duchy 5. And im pretty sure a few of them have excellent facilities. A lot of clubs apply for grants for funding of facilities for brand new changing rooms, showers etc, but they still have to start at the bottom league, regardless of how spacious their changing rooms are!

Dont see why it should be any different for Millbrook and Dobwalls

we dont just wanna walk in edgecombe we want to do what is right for our club and will accept any decision the league make, hoping that we do get accepted.

ive have been a referee in the duchy 5 and there are clubs with not such good facilities. callington in my view have the best facilities. perranporth were also in duchy 5 and have good facilities. there is a team called pelynt who play in the same league and they're facilities are very very poor. caravans as changing facilties with the referee sharing with the away team and thats it. football ground is in a field. millbrook can offer so much more than that. and in regards to our facilities being shabby, edgecombe have done us a favour because we are going to be restructuring and making them so much better.

i was with callington last season which had a second team and a 3rd team last season. the 3rd team played in the duchy and would have got promoted to the premier after so many seasons but they could not have gone any higher because the 2nds already play in the ecpl and the 1st team in the div 1 west. thats why we want to put our second team in the ecpl1 and the 3rd in an under 18 league. and then when the u18 if successful move up a level then they would effectively be in the duchy 5 and you cant have 2 sides of the same club in the same league therefore putting our reserves in the ecpl1 is a sensible decision.

Since when is the ecl been on the fa pyramid system , it was my understanding that the swp div1 west and east were the bottom run of the pyramid ,step 7, and the ecl was just a feeder league ,

To answer your earlier question local football supporter, yes the u'18's side is made up of mostly local lads and yes definetly it is my intention to use several of these players in the second team on a regular basis.

As yet i havent had the opportunity to meet all these players but the club is begining preseason as a club, with all 3 teams training together, a theme that will continue through the season. It is my intention to include as many of those players in my team throughout the season as is possible, and speeking for the first team manager i know he will use those players he deems ready for first team football.

In my opinion there is no sense in having a youth side if you are not intending to develop these players through the club teams, with the aim of getting these younger players ready for first team football

Just to poor water on your theory ECPL there is nothing in the Duchy League rules or the ECPL rules that says more then one team can be promoted from the Duchy League and also if the ECPL is in the pyramid system which they are, then the places should be filled by the highest rated teams not new clubs ATTEMPTING TO GO IN THROUGH THE BACK DOOR your words not mine.

I would think St Dennis and St Teath would be rather upset if the committe decided who joins the league and not the league members after all the committee is voted in by the league members and not the CCFA. The CCFA doesn't get involved what teams enter any League and thats from the CCFA themselves.

ARE YOU A COMMITEE MEMBER OF THE ECPL YES / NO ???

ECPL are you sure about clubs being able to apply right up to the AGM? We were told as a club that it was end of Jan maybe i heard wrong?

St Teath applied but wen we played them a few weeks ago Will told me that no one had been around to check the facilities which he was told it would be done by the end of March. What if St Teath had won the league would they come out now to look at them?

Yes John ECPL is on the committee.

Bloody hell Garth I'd like to know who voted me on. NO I AM NOT AND NEVER WILL BE. See other thread re ECPL

Clubs can always apply up to the AGM I don't think that has ever changed. I understand that all the applicants will be interviewed this year. We could go back to when St Blazey came in to the AGM thinking they would just walk back into the ECPL They were given short shrift and outvoted.

Members only vote on applications if there is actually a need for it.

• 3 weeks later...