Cornwall Football Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

D K

CCFA - Resignations must surely be due.

You can't use the FOI act in this case because it only applies to asking for info from public bodies. I'm sure I read on one of these threads that CCFA is a limited company.

I'm also not sure that these threads are the right way to go about getting what you want from the CCFA.

One, you're assuming that the people at CCFA read them. My experience is that most organisations/companies ignore comments posted on this type of forum, seeing them as debates among relatively small numbers of enthusiasts. (A more modern type of pub gossip if you like.)

Two, moaning about everything that's wrong with absolutely nothing positive to say will only make people retreat and shy away even more. Worse still when the negativity is not backed by fact which, for some of the issues in this thread seems to be the case.

Far better to attempt a reasonable conversation with people than call for their head.

Sorry to be boring

After running a Faculty or two, I think taking charge of the CCFA would be a very simple matter. Even if it involved a drop in salary to, say, fifty grand and a mobile phone, I could do it on three daus a week and still watch St Just on Saturday. I would declare complete independence from England and run it on political principles derived from my mentor, Muammar Qadaafi, who is now President of the Tinners, following my invitation last year.

Just give me a ring and the Curnow family and I will solve the problem. There will be no more pseudo-democracy, truck with capitalism or pratting about and Troon will replace Falmouth Athletic in the Jubior Cup replay.

Unfortunately you cant get rid of salaried personel. It is a shame that the CCFA are unable to run their busniess properly. Unfortunately by making themsleves a limited company they can do what they damn well please. Since when has the CCFA been for the good of football in Cornwall. Their job seems to be to make money so that they can pay themselves.

I am not fully aware of how the CCFA salaries are funded but surely affiliation fees and fines cannot cover it all.

If i'm right in my assumptions, the F.A will therefore be providing funding to help contribute to the rent at High Cross St and the 10 salaries.

Here's a thought then.........

If another Ltd company come in and completed a budget for the same expenses as the current CCFA but saved dramatically upon them, could that be ignored if submitted to the F.A?

Hypothetically, If I were to provide office space FOC, half the wages by using experienced, passionate football people who would be part voluntary and looking to genuinely develop Cornish football, this could produce some savings.

Furthermore, I would raise the fines if booked or dismissed for dissent by 50%, this would help players get a quicker grip of the respect campaign.

ALL fines, should be put back into the game by way of self financing grants back to the most needy clubs.

(Again, apologies if this already happens, i'm just thinking off the top of my head here.)

Pie in the sky?

Absobloodyloutely, nonetheless I'm off to do a free webcheck on companies house to see what figures I can find! B)

Was my idea really that bad?

I thought someone would have had an opinion, even it was to say how ridiculous it was! :o

I think people are bored of this topic now and really can't be arsed replying to tell you how ridiculous your idea is when you already know :P :c:

Guest Sam Boston

I'm happy to stick my neck out and criticise these people because other than through business, I have no affiliation to any particular club. I therefore understand why some of you may not wish to be drawn on the scale of neglect shown here by our governing body.

I think you may have answered your own question

Morning Anita! :yahoo:

Guest Postie Pidge

Falmouth Athletic who have preached innocence all the way through this saga should be ashamed of themselves, I hope the large Easter Monday crowd give them an indication of how the masses feel.

Fingers crossed for St Dennis who I'm sure will have every neutral cheering every kick.

Falmouth Athletic have officially done nothing wrong. I have seen the paperwork and everything is totally above board. I bet they won't get any apologies from the Troon boys

Guest geachy1

Falmouth Athletic who have preached innocence all the way through this saga should be ashamed of themselves, I hope the large Easter Monday crowd give them an indication of how the masses feel.

Fingers crossed for St Dennis who I'm sure will have every neutral cheering every kick.

Falmouth Athletic have officially done nothing wrong. I have seen the paperwork and everything is totally above board. I bet they won't get any apologies from the Troon boys

so pidge you are saying that there is a ben andros?

Guest Postie Pidge

I've heard so many stories that I can't remember the whole scenario. Ben Ambrose wasn't suspended for the Troon game.

Guest geachy1

if he wernt banned for the troon game then athletic are fair and square in the junior cup final.

ALL I CAN SAY IS THANK GOODNESS ITS THE CRICKET SEASON. WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP SOME PEOPLE TALK ON HERE. POINTLESS TOPIC, DISCUSSED VERY INAPROPRIATELY. AS FOR TROON, ATHLETIC, JUNIOR CUP ETC ETC, IM NOT SURE PEOPLE ARE TO BOTHEREDF ANYMORE. Y OTHER PEOPLE GET INVOLVED OTHER THAN THE 3 OR 4 PEOPLE FROM TROON AND ATHLETIC AND CCFA IS BEYOND ME. WRAP THIS SUBJECT UP AND TALJK ABOUT SOMETHING DIFFERENT

I think you may have answered your own question

I think you're right Sam but sod it, my ass hurts from sitting on the fence so much......No More!

ALL I CAN SAY IS THANK GOODNESS ITS THE CRICKET SEASON. WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP SOME PEOPLE TALK ON HERE. POINTLESS TOPIC, DISCUSSED VERY INAPROPRIATELY.

I agree, some people do talk a load of crap, thanks for your input though.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I respect yours, so you respect mine.

If you cant do that, dont contribute to anything I'm discussing.

CCFA are below par, full stop. Too many have privately been in touch to confirm i'm right to deter me from thinking otherwise. :c:

I think people are bored of this topic now and really can't be arsed replying to tell you how ridiculous your idea is when you already know

I tend to agree with the first bit, its getting a bit long winded. Ridiculous?

Only because football has come to except a second rate service and by going Ltd, CCFA have smartly created an untouchable regime.

Not wanting to upset Anita, I will refrain from bad mouthing our wonderful leaders until next season.

By then I will be armed and dangerous with more acts of incompetence that will please some and disgust those who like sharing biscuits at half time with the old boys. :drink:

falmouth athletic= not guilty

troon= lovers of sour grapes

soil sports= moaner

riggins= moaner

fifi= local hero

ben ambrose= not suspended for the troon game

troon if you get a minute pop by the four winds im sure they might let

you look through the window at the junior cup, something you dont deserve.