Cornwall Football Forum

The latest CS Friday Fix Podcast goes over the Tamar!

Very interesting interview with Parkway chairman, especially the bit about 25 applicants for manager post last season  (and some surprising names being amongst them).

Sounds like there is a clear vision and strategy for the club, both on and off the pitch. He had it spot on when he said the club has to be self financing, and not relying on individuals putting money in. It never ends well when clubs are reliant on generous benefactors.

2 hours ago, Rob1978 said:

The chairman mentioned a new stand and clubhouse which is great. Does the club also need perimeter fencing and a second entrance to get the ground up to southern league standards?

There will be other jobs that will need doing round the ground like improving the perimeter fence and also proper entrances, these are jobs that also are added to the list for coming seasons.

We work very closely as a club with the FA to make sure we are on top of any off the field improvements that have to be done to enable the team to progress where possible. 

On 06/05/2018 at 23:46, CornishRhino said:

I agree. Thoroughly enjoyed listening to that.

I'd like to know some of the names who came forward. I like how they've got an ambition to go higher but are going to do it in a clever and systematic way with this plan they've got. I do hope Plymouth Parkway do well in the Western League and also look forward to see what players they bring in.

Thank you everyone for the positive feedback I was trying to be as honest as I could on behalf of the club.

I don’t think it would be fair to say any names of who we spoke to as any applications would be covered under a confidentiality clause. Hope that is understandable.