Cornwall Football Forum
Sign in to follow this  
stevieb

Walking Football West Cornwall.

On Sunday I took part in the first session of walking football at Penzance leisure centre , eight turned up for the introduction  , and after some gentle stretching , some ball work we had a game , and my God did I enjoy it , the thrill after all these years of kicking a ball , it was fantastic , the wife said when I got back home I was smiling  and she said it had done me good .  Out of the eight two had never played football but they all enjoyed it  .  Terry Williams organized it and has put a lot of ground work into it be can be contacted on  01736 798732 , or 07980895275 , or e-mail stiveswalkingfootball@ gmail.com  , the next session is next Sunday at 9 am - 10   , but if you are interested please speak to Terry first , he has some great ideas , the rules are basically  five aside but the big difference NO Running !!!!  And no physical contact .  I am nearly 56  and  overweight  but I still got a lot out of it ,  don't be put off come and give it a go if I can doit so  can you :thumbsup:.

2nd session this morning good fun ,  Terry has had some more interest , come on guys give it a go  only 3 quid for an hour , you can't even get a pint for that .  All you need is trainers , and some comfortable clothes . Ball to feet  no  physical challenges , none of us are in peak physical condition  , but you know you have had some exercise , you can go at your own pace , no pressure  . Still smiling 😃 !

Still places available , come on get out the chair , we are all creaking gates but we aren't dead yet ,  if with my fine  physical shape can do it anyone can  , don't be shy  😇

Great Stuff StevieB - I play with the Devon group through Plymouth Argyle. We have matches against Torquay United and Exeter City and Bideford amongst others. I thoroughly enjoy it and love the banter of playing. I'm 50 but have had a hip replacement which means my ability to run is impaired (as well as being a porker). Still seem to give away plenty of 'running' free kicks and the odd foul. We could try and get your guys up for a match some time.

https://www.devonfa.com/players/ways-to-play/walking-football

4 hours ago, falselights said:

Great Stuff StevieB - I play with the Devon group through Plymouth Argyle. We have matches against Torquay United and Exeter City and Bideford amongst others. I thoroughly enjoy it and love the banter of playing. I'm 50 but have had a hip replacement which means my ability to run is impaired (as well as being a porker). Still seem to give away plenty of 'running' free kicks and the odd foul. We could try and get your guys up for a match some time.

https://www.devonfa.com/players/ways-to-play/walking-football

Thanks for the response  , we are a bit away from playing  matches , but that is our ultimate aim thanks for the link , I know Terry has ideas for the future down this end of the county , with games against other clubs outside the area and hopefully getting a league going , and maybe an evening session for those who can't make Sundays  . 

Hi buddy loads of walking footie in Cornwall teams I know of are is st austell, truro, tregonny, newquay, st Ives, lanevit, saints (also st austell) torpoint.

We are currently in meetings with the ccfa regarding a tournament in July in Bodmin and a steering group are meeting on Mon to sort it out. Ha a tournament last Sunday between just 3 teams but was a right blast.  Feel free to contact me on staustellwalkingfootball@outlook.com

(Just re read your message I know ferry and your group lol st Ives but may a well leave the reply go others)

Terry was going to look at the tournament last week , I was hoping to go but personal reasons prevented me ,  he has also been in contact with  the fa , so things are moving along , several of our group would like to play against other teams and hopefully soon that could become reality , anyone interested in giving it a go contact details are at the top of the post , the ages vary from 50 to seventies , great fun   .

On 08/06/2018 at 20:42, Mik123 said:

Hi buddy loads of walking footie in Cornwall teams I know of are is st austell, truro, tregonny, newquay, st Ives, lanevit, saints (also st austell) torpoint.

We are currently in meetings with the ccfa regarding a tournament in July in Bodmin and a steering group are meeting on Mon to sort it out. Ha a tournament last Sunday between just 3 teams but was a right blast.  Feel free to contact me on staustellwalkingfootball@outlook.com

(Just re read your message I know ferry and your group lol st Ives but may a well leave the reply go others)

Terry is going as well , I know there are a few things to iron out ,e.g. rules ECT all positive at present  , things moving on we did have a guest today on holiday from Birmingham  he was telling us how big it has become up there , I think we are a bit behind at present but with people like yourself , Terry and others  it should be a bright future .

Off to our first games on Sunday at Bodmin  , looking  forward to it  , so far as a group we have only played against each other  , so new experience  for us  ,  hopefully  can get some more contacts and arrange some friendlies  , on another note surprising how many have picked up injuries while training , when you say you take part in walking football people laugh when you say someone has pulled this or that . Hope to get some minutes on Sunday depends on who the boss picks , 

Stiff legs this morning , very good tournament  , six teams entered and we came second overall  , won two drawn 3 , lost on goal difference ,  first time we played against , other teams great experience , some good football played and very competitive  , considering the age involved , don't think you every lose the will to win ,  a couple of very good goalies playing , and very old style competitive on the pitch  , but all handshakes and chatting to each other afterwards  . Well done to the CCFA for organising this they get a lot of stick on this forum , but they have made a nearly 56 year old very happy . Personally  it was a good feeling packing up my kit to play football again after all these years , congratulations  to St. Agnes on winning , and thanks to all teams and officials involved hopefully  more over 5os will take up this fun sport .