Cornwall Football Forum

Refereeing experiences

With the new referees coming through and many experienced referees on here I wondered if the more experienced ones had any unusual incidents in games. Several have had to instruct a home team to remove cow pats from the pitch before a game could start - wouldn't happen today of course but like with Dange'rous giving hypothetical examples maybe some real life things could also be added

Hey, FOUL Wiillow, what's hypothetical about Dange'rous's man-bun. You see them every week in the league. I believe they're going to be mandatory for some teams, and haven't you ever kicked a ball at a Referee, that's what they're there for, and what, tell me, is the point of a goal post if you can't swing on it? Do think these things through willow!

For the woefully uninitiated please see Non-Cornish Football "You're in charge - #2".

There are clips on Youtube of referees scoring but I feel I've uploaded too many clips on here for this week. As for the man-bun, there are too many metrosexual footballers (tarts) out there playing on immaculate pitches. Bring back the 1970s and the real footballers playing on boggy pitches when there was no screaming for a foul or trying to get players sent off and if those things did take place, it was in the minority.

I remember a referee a number of years ago refusing to let a game go ahead up at Troon as he couldn't see the lines. We couldn't get access to the line marker. 

What we found in the changing rooms (they were being painted at the time) was a few tubs of paint and some paintbrushes. So, with a half hour delay to kick off... The whole squad are then on their hands and knees painting the lines on the field!! 

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

Must be a bit like the rubber "marbles" that the Grands Prix drivers complain about, play's havoc with their stability!

I am told by a member of the volunteer (ground staff) have gone on strike when asked by Ricey to pick them up.

If a goalie dives for a ball, misses and says Oh Sh!t, we know what to blame.

10 hours ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

Must be a bit like the rubber "marbles" that the Grands Prix drivers complain about, play's havoc with their stability!

Just responding to your post so I climb higher than you in the "weekly posts" race... Not that it is a race, competition etc :yahoo:

Guess How Much I love you.... It's the sameeeee every night! Blood rabbitts delcaring their love for eachother! Why can't they just say "I love you" and then be done with it? The story would take a lot less timke to read!!

2 hours ago, Dange'rous said:

Guess How Much I love you.... It's the sameeeee every night! Blood rabbitts delcaring their love for eachother! Why can't they just say "I love you" and then be done with it? The story would take a lot less timke to read!!

They're rabbits, they don't say I love you once (!) more like ten to the dozen LOL