Cornwall Football Forum

Wembley Crowds - Well done TCFC

Just seen that todays FA Trophy final crowd was 27,102.

You compare that to Truro's FA Vase final crowd of 36,000 and you can't be admire the following of both TCFC and AFC Totton on the day. Albeit it that it was one of Wembley's first games, the crowd on the day will take some beating and just may remain an FA Vase ALL TIME record.

Well done to the 15,000 or so from Cornwall who made the trip.

Guest plainmoor

I only went for a day out and to see the new stadium, I thought it was rubbish and much prefer the millenium stadium in cardif, ten times better, teh result was immaterial for me, i didn't shout of cheer for truro.

Guest Man on the Post

I only went for a day out and to see the new stadium, I thought it was rubbish and much prefer the millenium stadium in cardif, ten times better, teh result was immaterial for me, i didn't shout of cheer for truro.

If you just wanted to see the stadium you should have booked for the tour. Cost the same as the match ticket but you would have gone down to the changing rooms, up to the royal box etc. You missed out there plainmoor! :D

no you do most of your shouting on here,but we won with out your big gob so up the city :c::clapper::clapper:

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup:

There were over 56,000 at Twickenham for the 1991 County Rugby Final: about 40,000 tickets were sold by the Cornwall RFU alone. I think that is several times the total watching all rugby on a Saturday in Cornwall at the time.

Of COURSE it was a day out. Ruddy good one, too. And that was for the whole County side. As I've posted elsewhere, the vast majority there of the 15,000 or so who bought tickets for the Truro end wanted Truro to win (judging by the noise from our end when the third goal went in).

Der!

Very true CT.

What is more, this seasons FA Vase crowd: 12,212 !!

Three times less than TCFC v AFC Totton. Obviously the fact that Truro's was the first one back at the new Wembley certainly helped the figure. But it just goes to show what a fantastic following TCFC had from Cornwall that day. Day trippers or not!!