Cornwall Football Forum

i think after the 2 semis in the champs league, we all know we need action replays! its in rugby, its in tennis, its in cricket!!!!...........referees interpretation is sometimes wrong as the game is played at such a high tiempo, but, with a slow motion replay after a major decision, its alot easier!!!!!!!!............possibly a job for collina - replay ref!!!! he watches it and then makes the final decision?...........maybe both managers get 3 appeals at the start of the game?

whatrs ure views?????

I disagree. It can be massively frustrating when your team is knocked out or lose because of a ref missing an incident or not noticeing whether a ball has crossed the line or not but football has flurished for 130 years without that kind of technology and i think it should carry on that way!

You must remember that rugby, tennis and most other ball sports have much more stoppages then football so sometimes after the 'key incident' the ball may be in play for several minutes untill the decision can be looked at and decided upon. How can a pen or goal be given minutes after the incident happen?

The only other way to do it would be to stop the game after every debatable decision to analyse the football evidence and imagine how much that would slow down our game! Surely its not feesable?

My last point is unlike all the other sports mentioned previously, at every level of football in the country is thae same, from the Premiership to Mining 3. Ok the ability of the players and level and support (ever so slightly!!) vary but the game itself is still the same, 22 players on the pitch and a referee in the middle who makes all the decisions. Thats how i think it should remain, however angry a wrong decision made by human error makes us feel!

:c:

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

I look forward to watching Godolphin v Newquay on Sky Sports... never gonna happen, we have to watch again on youtube.

IF it were to be used in purely vital situations, I see absolutely no reason why the use of technology should not be lovingly embraced. Take the obvious incidents that are fresh in my memory..

The ball over the line at Old Traford a few seasons back.

The goal that Garcia scored against Chelsea for Liverpool in the Champions League that was barely,if at all over the line.

The penalty decision against Gomes at Old Trafford.

Darren Fletcher's tackle.

Drogba penalty incident..

Each of the above incidents were followed by ATLEAST 2 minutes of surrounding and berating the referee, which in turn led to bookings and even more time passing by. To view a replay and get a definitive answer as to what may or may not have occurred would take a maximum of 20-30seconds, there wouldn't be a single thing for the players or managers to moan about and the respect of the ref is upheld because he used common sense and initiative in a situation that he could never be absolutely sure of..

There are vital incidents in games that can cost clubs millions or a place in a final etc etc, I'm sure that MOST sensible officials would welcome the added security and ease of pressure that optional and vital replays would provide them with.

Infact, look at the link, read the second question and see what a certain Graham Poll thinks of the idea of using technology. He used to do a bit of officiating himself you know.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...s.html?ITO=1490

I dont think it HAS to be included into the game at all, i think it would spoil the game and definately slow it down.

Besides if every decision was referred to a presumed video judge, it would still be open to his or her interpritation, there are many decisions that can go one way or another, for example what i may think is not a penalty, many other people would think is, same as handballs or whether a ball has crossed the line? Can u imagine every decision, every free-kick, goal-line clearence and debatable penalty decison being referred to person in the stand watching the game on a monitor, it would take forever to complete a match.

The only kind of technology i would think would work (although id still rather not see it in the game) is some kind of automatic sensor that would alert the ref instantly through his earpiece if the football had crossed the goalline. Even so i think it would be unfair to bring such a thing into the game as that sort of technology could not be made available across the football spectrum, lower leagues etc.

I think we should just leave the game as it is, sure decisions go against your team, some that cost a lot of money and heartbreak in the long run but that is the way of football, i dont understand why so many people are in such a hurry to change (and in my opinion ruin) the game we all know and love?!

:c:

3 people sat in front of a screen. 2 say yes then its a goal or penalty or whatever the incident at the time is. I'm definately not saying it HAS to be done for all situations. Just the main crucial points that could decide the outcome of a game. I agree it would spoil the flow of the game and our beautiful game is the game it is because of the pace of it.... especially in the premiership. As "one and six" says possibly goal line technology, a ref in both halves of the pitch or video panel. Whatever it may be something should be done..... just my views of course!!!!

Having been on the end of several crap (Norwegan) decisions last Wed, I still see no reason for video replays. I got home at 03.30, I have no desire to get home at 04.00 cos the ref cant make his mind up. Don't like anything that cant be used down to the lowest level of footy. Just cos its ECL SF shouldnt mean it cant be used at Combo level.

No place for it in football. I disagree with some of the decisions like everyone does, but I also disagree with some of the view points on here (about the decisions). If we can't decide, what makes you think others can decide?

It maybe ok for detecting if the ball is over the line or not, but hold on a minute, we all remember the Carroll incident at Old Trafford, and perhaps one or two more since then, but in comparison to the number of goals that get scored, I don't think it's worth it for that. Introduce video technology for 2 decisions a year....plain stupid!

NEVER NEVER NEVER for penalty decisions.