Cornwall Football Forum

Manager of the Year.

No prizes where it's likely to end up this year!

However, I think Roy Hodgson at Fulham has done an incredible job on limited playing and financial resources. He's not a "glamour" manager at a "glamour" club but he's worked miracles considering the state Fulham were in when he took over last season.

He'd get my vote.

What about anyone else?

For me it's Hodgson all the way. The guy is a gent on and off the pitch, when his team loses he doesn't come infront of the cameras blaming ref's or dirty tactics etc like ALL of the so called "Top Managers" do. He openly accepts and practically embraces the fact that there are better teams out there than his team and he's quick to praise when a team does indeed prove that. He's a rare breed in today's football and for that he should be rewarded accordingly.

Moyes is another good shout and I'd say he deserves it more than Hodgson IF his team were to lift the FA Cup, unfortunately I just can't see that happening after poor Phil Jagielka went and did his knee in. :(

The one that will get you laughing or taking the p**s is the shout for Redknapp IF he does manage to get that last Europa place in the league. I believe that no other manager has been in such a position after almost a quarter of a season gone and not been relegated before, let alone qualified for Europe via league position (don't quote me on that though :unsure: ).. Though he did spend considerably more than Moyes and Hodgson did this season.

Great topic midfield, nice one. :thumbsup:

Yes I was actually Coopsie. I think he's done a fantastic job at Peterborough. :clapper::thumbsup:

I'll tell you what mate, joking aside, he has done spectacularly well hasn't he?. What I like the most is how he does his level best to distance himself from his father's name when being interviewed. The man truly wants to establish his own identity in his own way and for that he deserves all the credit and recognition that comes his way. :c:

Guest Sport Lover

Premiership it has to be Roy the boy

Then Dave Moyles

Then Zola

I would of liked to mention my QPR but we had too many managers to choice from grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

He obviously won't get it,but Tony Pulis has worked a miracle in keeping Stoke up.How many people gave them a chance in August,i think one bookie(Betfred i think) even paid out.

In reality,David Moyes is my choice,win or lose the cup final,what they've achieved this season with half the team injured is amazing.

Great question, and a tough one to call....but it's got to go to North London I reckon.

Yes, Wenger has managed a young Arsenal team excellently this year, guiding a quite unique bunch of gifted players into 4th place in the league, FA cup semi final glory, quarter final agony against the mighty Burnley in the League Cup and we're a goal down in the Champions League semi final with a glimmer of hope that we will actually play the ball into Man Utd's half during the second leg on Tuesday at the Emirates.

Now tell me, who else could've done that? It takes something special in my opinion.....

Well done Arse! :mellow:

Great question, and a tough one to call....but it's got to go to North London I reckon.

Yes, Wenger has managed a young Arsenal team excellently this year, guiding a quite unique bunch of gifted players into 4th place in the league, FA cup semi final glory, quarter final agony against the mighty Burnley in the League Cup and we're a goal down in the Champions League semi final with a glimmer of hope that we will actually play the ball into Man Utd's half during the second leg on Tuesday at the Emirates.

Now tell me, who else could've done that? It takes something special in my opinion.....

Well done Arse! :mellow:

:clapper::D .. Thankyou Mangle, cheered me right up mate.. :thumbsup:

Guest Man on the Post

Isaac we are talking about the English F.A. and as, according to you, St. Just is a separate nation then Steve Curnow is ineligible for the award. :SM_carton: :SM_carton:

Guest Norry

Yes I was actually Coopsie. I think he's done a fantastic job at Peterborough. :clapper::thumbsup:

I'll tell you what mate, joking aside, he has done spectacularly well hasn't he?. What I like the most is how he does his level best to distance himself from his father's name when being interviewed. The man truly wants to establish his own identity in his own way and for that he deserves all the credit and recognition that comes his way. :c:

BUT HIS DAD STILL IS SIR ALEX FERGUSON......THE VERY..VERY.. SPECIAL ONE....ALLAH,AND OF COURSE.....RIGHT HAND MAN TO THE MAN UPSTAIRS..... :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: :yahoo:

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Jim Hilton, Newquay AFC

Or whoever the Scunthorpe boss is (Nigel Adkins) WHO ?, they have a great chance of gatecrashing the Championship and no-one outside of North East Lincolnshire has heard of any of them ! Forget Leeds and Leicester, these boys done a job !

Steve Curnow. Taken the Tinners from 16th to 5th and to a cup semi with no money. End of story.

Dave Fisher runners up spot still possible and a quarter final of the senior cup and final of the combo cup with no money! And having to play on the worst pitch in Cornwall ( as so many on here say ) :c: And i will let you who don't know who he is think about it!! 39 years in charge albeit with 6 months off and still going.

I would of liked to mention my QPR but we had too many managers to choice from grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I think they are in competition with Mullion!! :clapper:

I think they are in competition with Mullion!! :clapper:

I agree with whistleblower Tony Pulis at Stoke, Russell Slade working miracles at Brighton, Owen Coyle at Burnley has done well, Paul Tisdale at Exeter and Zola of course, who I thought wouldn't do that well, if only we could beat the clubs in the lower reaches of the premiership we would have the Europa place wrapped up.................

A special medal for Paul Sturrock, having to watch that rubbish every week, last Sunday they were shocking and there was more entertainment in the mexican wave........... :yahoo: