Cornwall Football Forum

Aaron Bicknell - get well soon

Here, here, a sentiment that i'm sure is echoed throughout the town.

Hope the G lad is ok too, a good 50/50 challenge for sure but it can't be nice having that happen. Fair play to the G physio as well re-acting quickly to get to the lad. Shame about a few of the comments made, but nice to hear the round of applause from all corners of the ground over the helicopter noise.

All the best for speedy recovery.

Everyone from Godolphin Atlantic would like to wish Aaron all the best, and yes Aaron i owe you a bottle of sambuca!!!!! I would personally like to say a very big thank you to Nigel from Truro football club who along with Ross and Alan looked after Aaron so well, we had a whip round for the air ambulance and made over forty pounds Speedy recovery mate.

Guest Peppermint

Football takes a back seat to the injury to Aaron Bicknell - we wish him a speedy recovery.

Following Tania's posting - many thanks to Nigel Chappell's assistance and the whole medical team but stand up Alan Metters you were first to react and you were absolutely brilliant in your prompt reactions and on behalf of Newquay Football Club - thank you for your your assistance.

The most important thing is the recovery of Aaron and he is able to resume playing as soon as possible.

Many of us know that Alan posts on the Forum but he deserves a pat on the back for his prompt actions.

Hopefully Aaron will make a full recovery and be back playing soon.

I've seen a 2 of these tib, fib jobs and they are not pretty, best of luck to the lad for a speedy recovery.

For whats its worth, one lad went back to playing cricket relatively quickly and has had no repurcussions.

The other mate recovered and went off to defend the country running around Iraq soon after.

Hopefully the same will be said of Aaron and he can get his boots back on within a season or so.

Guest WINNO

I'd just like to say a massive get well soon to Aron hes a nice guy and has had a huge impact on Newquay afc this season.Also a huge well done to Newquay and to Jim Hilton today and the Newqauy possie they all throughly deserve to be where they are top club with top staff and some lovely genuine people at the helm. I was suppose to be there as requested from certain idiots today and despite some unkind comments from some people I was relishishig the opportunity to show certain individuals that I am still a descent keeper and hopefully one day I will return to a club I genuinley feel for strongly. But I run my own business and due to a good old staff illness I had to work myself. Once again well done to Newquay keep it going I predict good things for the club. Also well done to Godolphin your doing well in your first season in the so called big time keep it up!!!!!!!

Love to all

HAPPY EASTER

WINNO

XXXXX

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Winno, most Newquay fans appreciate your contribution to the club and understand that Boxing Day you were badly injuired befored the first goal went in. We still love you big man, keep the faith !

Best wishes to Aaron for a speedy recovery. Aaron is surely one of Cornwalls brightest young prospects and everybody at Godolphin wishes him a full and speedy recovery. To the lads great credit he called Phillip Lowry over and shook hands whilst waiting for the ambulance to arrive. All the best Aaron from all of us at Godolphin.

Guest Peppermint

Best wishes to Aaron and it shows that football has some excellent people connected to it.

A point of information - Nigel is the Physio sometimes for Truro City Reserves but he is also a valuable Committee member of Newquay Football Club.

Hopefully this incident that was a pure accident will not affect a very talented footballer like Phil Lowry and it was typical of Aaron that he made the handshake gesture.

Again my thanks to Alan Metters and Derek for their contributions and the town of Newquay have had two well supported games this season and everyone who attended will have had their money's worth.

Best wishes to the 'G' for the rest of the season.

all the best wee azza, smashing lad and a cracking footballer! hopefully all goes well and he's back kicking a ball in jig time!!!! (daft sh£$e uses a full roll of tape on his shinnies) lol..... hope there's enough hair gel in the hospital to keep the lad going and he's out and back home quickly.

wishing wee azza an uncomplicated and speedy recovery....

(daft sh£$e uses a full roll of tape on his shinnies)

It turns out that this could have saved Aaron from further consequences, popped by Treliske today and he's got a full length plaster cast but thankfully no pieces of terminator 2 have been added along the way.

I hope Aaron is home soon to give his old man some grief!

Hi Aaron some people will do anything to get a ride in a helicopter wont they. Hope you are feeling a lot better now and hope to see you back where you belong in our favourite team. There will be a few sambucas behind the bar when we see you best pain relief you can ever have. Best wishes son from Dad 2 and Linda.