Cornwall Football Forum

Edgcumbe v Torpoint - Weds 8th April 7.30pm ko

Huge game on wednesday night at Millbrook, Edgcumbe v Torpoint. More than 3 points at stake with bragging rights up for grabs as well. After a 4-3 win for edgcumbe earlier in the season its a game not to miss. Edgcumbe are missing 3 key players through suspension and work, but we'll cope with our squad.

How do people see it going?

If torpoint get at them they have the fire powre to get the result.Edgecumbe very strong all over the park,torpoint will have to plat a high tempo aswe did on saturday.A draw i think or is that hope!Ona different note a couple of lads that work for me have said that St coloumb are to fold,anyone no any different.I presume yet another vacancy would be created in the ecpl.

By fold,do you mean disband altogether or accept relegation to the Duchy? If that is the case(relegation) then I guess the logical thing would be for the Leagues to reach an amicable agreement to swap places with a Duchy side;thus allowing 2 sides to enter the ECPL.That has to be good news for you,Will.

I should get your Sherlock Holmes hat on and investigate.

Guest GOOSE ON

Not sure how you call this one really.....Edgcumbe flying high and scoring goals for fun until the stalemate on Saturday and Torpoint with a point to prove after recent poor results and losing 4-3 in the first tie earlier in the season!!! I've seen both teams play this season and watch both in the past 4 weeks and if I was a betting man I'd probably put a few quid on a score draw....2-2 / 3-3 something like that. Best of luck to both of you though, just hope it lives up to all we come to expect??

The game on wednesday apart could you lads answer another question / query for me?? How many teams are being promoted from Duchy Prem this year?? Last year 2 went up, St Stephens Borough & St Dominick, so is it top 2 again or has the East Cornwall League agreed to more??

Regards.

Hi adelstop,dont know that it would good for us if St coloumb dropped to the duchy league.If we finish in the top three of the duchy prem i would hope we would be considered any way.We may even win it yet,we are now as good as anything at this level as we proved at the weekend.The lads confirmed today at work that the committee have had enough and as far as they are concerned St Coloumb will fold completely at the end of the season.I hope they dont,surely it would be better for them to get relegated and try to continue,but if there are not enough players at the moment they will find it hard to attract members to play at junior level.I feel sorry for everyone at the club who is trying to keep them going.They are a club with access to a permannet ground ,sometimes that is not enough.

Maybe they hadnt relised the commimtment needed at that level,something a lot of clubs need to ask themselves before commiting .I think travelling etc will test clubs who have littile chance of being succsessful on the pitch,maybe all of us should have a little rethink on what is actually best for local football.It is A SHAME,but i think it may be repeated in other areas in the not to distant future.

Guest keano

Hopefully the lights will work , we trained on the pitch last night but could only get one side of them on without the fuse tripping.

dunno if i was doing something wrong but hopefully someone at the club will know how to get them on properly !!

Guest Tjitsnotunusual

Training on the pitch before a game of this magnitude , surely u could find another place to train on a tuesday evening , just about somes millbrook up , as for the floodlights im sure someone will work then else there culd be 100/200 angry egdecombe fans

Guest keano

i can understand from your point of view Bigdawg , of course i can , but from my point of view regardless of how well we doing in the league , im manager of millbrook football club , and for this week only, we needed somewhere to train so that was my only concern a so i took the team down to our home ground which was my choice. as you know the ground is rock hard down there at the moment anyway , so that rain last night has done it no harm at all , we didnt use all the picth anyway and it was cut and rolled for you yesterday. you wont have any problems !

one side will no -way be enough to play a match in , we struggled with training , yes they do take a while to warm up , but withing 10 secs of me switching the lights on last night they were tripping and the whole lot went out , including all the power in the changing rooms( which i never got back on ) . Im sure someone with more experience in powering them up will get them all on for you tho ,

Guest alwaysadevil

The game was switched to Torpoint after problems with the floodlights! It finished Edgcumbe 0 - 1 Torpoint. One red card for a cynical last man challenge that was very unsporting, but to be fair it was a case of take one for the team! I lost count on the number of yellows think it was 4.

Guest ECPL Supporter

The game was switched to Torpoint after problems with the floodlights! It finished Edgcumbe 0 - 1 Torpoint. One red card for a cynical last man challenge that was very unsporting, but to be fair it was a case of take one for the team! I lost count on the number of yellows think it was 4.

i thought you were gonna say something like 14 yellows then!!! Do you struggle to count up to 4 or something???

Guest BATESY NO 9

WHAT A RESULT !!!!!!!!!!! 1 NIL TO TORPOINT. i know everyone will comment on gatesy challenge on o NEILL but you name any defender in that situation that wouldn't have done the same, he took his punishment and Edgecombe had half an hour to get themselves back in it, our defense was awesome and we even had our regular centre back Steve Todd in goal who reminded me of the Bruce Grobbelar. Torpoint were the better side throughout and fully deserved it. the goal that won it would of graced any level of football and the fact it was an ex edgecombe player made it sweeter. There were plenty of :SM_carton_y: and 1 :SM_carton: as each team cut chunks out of each other as expected, even tho the challenge og o'neill caused an uproar the 12 crude challenge on andy carter seemed 2 be forgotten, tit 4 tat n all that, well done to my fellow pointers, WE DESERVED IT. I will say 1 last thing its still Edgecombes hands but its made it really interesting now, Kitbag n ricks must have loved this result

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: :yahoo:

was a fiery game, torpoint deserved the win but i dont think we derved to lose to be honest. we were poor in the 1st half but came out after half time the better side. red card changed the game, we were on top and graham o'niell would have buried the one on one, instead he gets taken down disgracefully and we get a free kick outside the box. the red card helped torpoint more than edgcumbe, just meant they stuck 9 men behind the ball and was hard to break down.

was a great goal by carts, apart from that there were no real chances. not sure how brian stacey stayed on the pitch, im all up for a bit of aggressiveness, but he nearly broke mike herons cheekbone with his elbow. cowards challenge. pity the ref didnt have the bottle to do anything about it, dunno how he continually gets away with it.

Makes the league a bit more interesting anyway, we'll stick together now and get the players back who we missed last night, and kick on looking to win all our remaining games.

Guest BATESY NO 9

what about the continuous fouling on carts then bigdawg they were awfull, Stace gives as good as he gets thats experience for you, your number 9 should have walked for grabbing gatesy by the throat. so all even in my book. Good luck for the rest of the season, those fixtures are coming thick and fast now

Great result for all the league will go to the wire.St Dennis will have to win at Torpoint and edgecumbe to win the whole thing.We have to go to torpoint,as i said before the games Pensilva cost us,and we where dissapointed not to hold on against point at home.55pts will win it we can only get 54 total that tells its own story,good season for us whatever happens.

WHAT A RESULT !!!!!!!!!!! 1 NIL TO TORPOINT. i know everyone will comment on gatesy challenge on o NEILL but you name any defender in that situation that wouldn't have done the same, he took his punishment and Edgecombe had half an hour to get themselves back in it, our defense was awesome and we even had our regular centre back Steve Todd in goal who reminded me of the Bruce Grobbelar. Torpoint were the better side throughout and fully deserved it. the goal that won it would of graced any level of football and the fact it was an ex edgecombe player made it sweeter. There were plenty of :SM_carton_y: and 1 :SM_carton: as each team cut chunks out of each other as expected, even tho the challenge og o'neill caused an uproar the 12 crude challenge on andy carter seemed 2 be forgotten, tit 4 tat n all that, well done to my fellow pointers, WE DESERVED IT. I will say 1 last thing its still Edgecombes hands but its made it really interesting now, Kitbag n ricks must have loved this result

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

was a great result batesy. well done mate. ul just have to do th same job against us.lol

The fouls on carts we just challenges, he was too quick for the tackles and got caught. Stace on the other hand intentionally goes in with his elbow for headers. He caught meds in the last game gave him a black eye. Its only a matter of time before he really clatters someone and does some damage. That aint experience, its cowardly. The experience part of his game is holding it up and taking the pressure of his defence which he did well last night, not knocking that just thinks he should have a bit more respect for other players.

Not too sure what the league table is looking like, i wouldnt wanna swap positions with anyone though. We only have st dennis to play at home out of the big 4, with key players coming back every other game should bring 3 points. Could be a big league decider that day.

Guest Turkish

Staceys elbows are nothing to do with experience. He's been doing that ever since i have known him and bigdawg is right they are cowardly challenges because that's what he is, a coward. He is lucky the old school players like Jonny Burrows and Franky Bickle aren't still around cause he wouldn't last long in games against them playing like that. He caught me quite bad once and i told him exactly what i'd do to him in no uncertain terms if he did it again and not surprisingly he didn't come within 20 feet of me for the rest of the game!!! A shame because he could have been a good player, he always scored goals

gutted we lost but well done to torpoint

they had a great spirit last night

have to agree with the comments about the elbow, all he wants to do is hurt somebody

great red card for gatesy cos it would have been 1-1, they basically bought 3 points for £21 or thereabouts

gonna be a very close end to the season now who knows who will do it

Guest BATESY NO 9

Thanks Ricks was a great result, stacey knows how to wind the opposition and i'd have him up front wiv me all day long, he takes the focus away from me cause all the defenders wanna do is get him back, u lot fall 4 it every time, the emphasis on gatesy's challenge, would any other defender do anything different, grazza didn't shake anyone's hand after the game, 30 minutes against ten men it was there 4 the edgecombe lads 2 win but they lacked the cuttin edge that shannon brings them, i say it was the result that the league was crying out for, now its any from the top 4 again.

ricks i'll see u soon fella

all the best to all involved in the title run-in

:c::glare: :glare:

Guest tafc.-gaffa

To many sour grapes!!!!

As for Stace he gets kicked and stamped on from behind every game so is that not cowardly???

Think people need to stop accusing him of assault on here as there is a ref at every game to decide if hes guilty of anything not opposing players that need to find excuses!!!!

Now for my team, what a performance!!!! We wanted it they didnt its that simple!!!! We were always in the driving seat and they were never in it and that is a quote from their own manager.

Bigdawg i know its hard for you to swallow but stop making excuses, you were second best all game.

As for the foul on O'neill, Gatesy got his punishment so why are you still going on about it??? Thats football.

Think some people need to learn to lose gracefully instead of making weak excuses up!!!!

tafc gaffa nice to see u back on here after a while out, amazing what a good win does!!!

i havnt made any excuses for losing on weds?? we know we didnt play well and thats why we didnt win the game, thought second half though we were the better side after being completely dominated in 1st half. obviously got caught a bit on the break but thats always guna happen when your chasing a goal. didnt create enough, similat to st dennis game in the cup. graham was obvioulsy gutted but i stayed and shook everyones hand on your side, in fact i was last off the pitch.

looking forward to the run in now, still think we are in the strongest position and wouldnt swap it for any other, st teath st dennis and torpoint all to play each other and all will drop points. we've had 2 hard games in a row and didnt play well in either but we'll kick on now.