Cornwall Football Forum

no show for ref!!!!!!

Guest bunditheboss

Guest bunditheboss

a lovely sunny day at clijah in redruth, portreath reserves and chacewater reserves all warmed up and ready for a game, hold on one important thing missing!!!!!!!

our secretary has been ringing the ref all week everyday leaving loads of messages but ref doesnt get back to us, but we are told not to worry at the ref in question is reliable!!!!! so how come at 2.45 there is 22 players standing on a pitch with no ref in sight???????????????????

if my team had a game fixtured in but didnt show up and didnt inform the league what would happen to my team?????? ya you are right points deducted a fine and the clubs name dragged through the mud!!!!!

what happens to the ref when he doesnt show up????? yes right again bloody nothing!!!!!!!

what are everyones views on this????

The referee that was listed on the appointments list for your games today would have had great difficulty in a) returning any phonecalls or B) refereeing your game today because he is on holiday and not in the country. If you couldn't contact him all week surely it would of made sense to contact whoever is in charge of the ref appointments as it possibly would have been an oversight on his behalf.

if he didnt ring u back n confirm he was coming why expect him to turn up? u should have made sure u had actually spoken to him n if u couldnt u should have contacted the ref sec, so really it's ur fault the game didnt go ahead

Shut up?

A referee was appointed so why would you need to chase it up? Surely if he's appointed to a game and he cant make it, It should be him contacting the people involved?

So youre saying, That If Portreath had no intention of turning up at there home pitch, It was the opposing sides priority to ring the Port manager to see if the game was on?

Re-read your comment son!!!

Guest bunditheboss

we did contact the refs sec sunny jim and he told us not to panic and that the ref would be there, so put on your shorts and jog on buddy, the matter is both teams were ready for the game and the stupid ref didnt turn up, but it dont matter now as its gone and dusted and nothing will happen about it!!!!!!!

the ref is a rule to himself, we always get on teams backs for coming on here and having ago about ref's coz at the end of the day we need them on a saturday, but if the guy dont follow procedures surely something has to be done about it!!!!!!!!

What do you suggest? Ban them for 3 games! At the end f the day 99% of the time the ref is the least of a managers worrries, there aint enough to go round so we've got to put up with what we get. unfortunate though that someone couldn't of informed you in advance.

Guest Sport Lover

A good way to solve the problem would be to become a ref yourself it could well be a genuine mistake on the Refs part you dont know until you have spoken to him and Rick calling him an idiot doesnt actually help.

Guest bunditheboss

that wasnt rick it was me on his laptop!!!!!

the point i am trying to make is, if a team doesnt turn up and not inform someone then they will be all over this forum and would be the worst team in the world, points lost and possibly a fine but if a ref doesnt turn up and not inform anyone its just a shrug of the shoulders!!!!!!

Guest mikey catterall

weve had a couple of no shows from refs but luckily someone always steps in and refs to be honest i dont care who refs the game i just enjoy playing footy so i give a message to all teams start bringing a whistle to ur matches just in case its always going to be harder gettin regular refs playing junior football there seems to be a few games every week called off due to a ref shortage but i respect refs i would lose my temper far to often if i was one goodluck to all teams :thumbsup:

Have Spoken to the ref in question today and he informed me that Alan Wallace had got the dates of the ref's holiday that he informed him of 8 weeks ago mixed up and that alan wallace relised his error as soon as they spoke late sat evening.

So to all those having calling him an idiot i believe an apology is in order ( remember he may ref you again sometime)

what about all clubs having their own qualified ref. like in other leagues. :c: this problem will not go away so the clubs will have to do something about it if they want to keep on playing football.we all know that every year more and more referees leave the game so the onus has got to be on the clubs <_<:unsure: :wacko:

Guest meady

Hang on here this is getting out of hand. I have spoken to the ref who is very sorry for the mix up. I will apologise on behalf of Portreath for some of the remarks made. I guess that the teams were a little pee off but hey that history so let’s forget about it. At the end of the day we all need refs so the last thing we want to do is get up their nose.

Guest bunditheboss

i also apoligise for my comments towards the ref, if anyone knows him please pass these comments on to him, i hope he had a great holiday and hopefully we will get him again and i can say sorry in person!!!!!!!!