Cornwall Football Forum

Rumours for 09/10

Guest local_football_supporter

Not true about smudger being my assistant next season , not looking beyond the next game to be honest .

I have brought Charlie Legg out of retirement though.

Up the villa :P

I remember Legg at Porthleven. He was hell of a player! How old is he now and has he been playing at all?

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mario

I remember Legg at Porthleven. He was hell of a player! How old is he now and has he been playing at all?

Charlie legg runs the football academy at plymouth CFE winning the tittle last year and is on target to repeat this year aswell as running the strength and conditioning course, he is still very fit and is a very,very good coach who is well qualified and has had opportunities to work in the pofessional football setup, definatly on a par with the likes of Chris Souness and Alan Evans! Played a few matches for the CFE devon and weds outfit last year and still looked a very classy player! cant speak highly enough about his coaching ability and his quality still as a player! Not sure if he will make an apperance for villa tho???

Possibilities that charlie himself may run a team if the right job at a good club came up, has lots of connections with players many who play in the CSWPL currently! Is charlie there just to help out on playing side or as coach aswell?? Maybe he will take over at villa next season due to poor results this year?? without doubt would improve them greatly!!

Guest mario

debatable - pal.....mario are you Charlies best mate by any chance!!

If it's debatable "pal" then say why dont just come on here and make a stupid coment and not back it up as it's pointless!!

No not his best mate but i am a big fan of his which you can tell from my post and thats my opinion which does include some facts if you think differently then say why and back it it!!!

Guest mario

waste of time talking about it mario - focus on your own club

Good reply Devon or shud i say saltash or is that penzance...........

Funny but i have been to a lot of saltash games this year and havent seen a penzance player at any so is that bu****it i can smell!!!! seems to me you no nothing about football or whats happening with clubs instead just post sarcastic comments to get a rise out of people!!

"Focus on my own club" who says i have a club and this is a rumours section to which im trying to find some answers to weather he is there as a player, coach, asistant or possible future manager next season?? this is a fair question due to the poor results (excluding good fri) that villa have had and there league position considering the quality players in there squad!!

Dont bother posting back as ur full of s**t!

It's only a rumour but I have heard it several times now. Will there be a 'Mass' change at Callington?

Is 'Mass' a cryptic meaning for Steve Massey ?

The rumour going around Bodmin last week when we played them was that Mr Massey will be returning to Falmouth next season along with most of the Bodmin players.

The truth of the matter is that unless you are part of a clubs set up then you don't know what is going on behind the scenes at any club

ive said that all along north devon. people thought devon was an accompice of mine at callington er wrong cause micky hunt now how his own username on here.

secondly people were commenting and rumours were that players were unhappy at the club and after the dobwalls game everyone was happy as larry even ryan lucassi was there to show his support.

MARIO, didnt like you comments there, i thought u were better than that. Devon may well support saltash but being at no games of saltash is because penzance have a had a big schedule this season with games and plus the manager doesnt want people to write on this forum so why does John Mead post now and again. so Devon does have a point, why dont u just keep matters to your club centre of attention rather than what people have got on their profile.

Guest devon

mario - ive been told who you r!!!! the reason you keep talking about Elburton players and manager is because they released you!!!! like i said before just focus on your own club, and yes i do play for Penzance, and why would i be watching Saltash if im playing for penzance!

anyway take care. and dont reply to the above

Guest The Villa Man

who is Mario then , obviously not an Elburton fan or a fan of their manager , Watched Elburton on Friday and thought they did ok , worked very hard and deserved to beat Parkway

Guest big daddy

mario - ive been told who you r!!!! the reason you keep talking about Elburton players and manager is because they released you!!!! like i said before just focus on your own club, and yes i do play for Penzance, and why would i be watching Saltash if im playing for penzance!

anyway take care. and dont reply to the above

lol you dnt now mario by the sounds ov it cus i now mario very well and he has never ever played for elburton you numpty........

:yahoo:

by the facts that i am reading,

mario has been part of elburton and penzance. which brings me to my view that mario is actually a part of callington this season. before you jump its my view. posting on here, I have a few ideas, but wont say on here, till we know for sure. nice to see you posting bigdaddy another one whose username as you state has 4-5 different people on it.

replying 2 john the baptist, like i said be for i have not had any contact with this club, but yes i am wanting to get back into management, and plymstock are a good run club with hard working peole, but i go with my son on a sat and my lad loves it up thir cause thay got the goals out and he can play with the kids. And sat vospers v plymstock was a popular game 2 go 2, as the good crowd showd. I hope that has put your mind at rest my old m8. :smiley20:

Guest big daddy

mario has been part of elburton and penzance and also part of callington. which brings me to my view that mario is actually a player of callington posting on here, I have an idea who it is, but wont say on here, till we know for sure but we are 90% sure.

nice to see you posting bigdaddy another one whose username as you state has 4-5 different people on it.

millbook mike u really are a wolly and aint got a clue wat your talkin about...... mario is a person that has never played for them..... im intrested to now who u think he is cus i nw who mario is cus ur way off lol :yahoo::yahoo: :clapper:

Guest mario

mario has been part of elburton and penzance and also part of callington. which brings me to my view that mario is actually a player of callington posting on here, I have an idea who it is, but wont say on here, till we know for sure but we are 90% sure.

nice to see you posting bigdaddy another one whose username as you state has 4-5 different people on it.

Lets get right to the point your trying to make cally mike or Millbrook mike!! I am not "MATT GREEN" who currently plays for callington, Its a stupid assumption you have jumped to and to be 90% sure shows what a complete idiot you are!!!! I find it unbelievable your embarrasing one of your own players by suggesting that. I know friends of Matt however and he was not released by elburton he left on his own account due to the cycle of starting a couple games and then being sub, but im sure he would have started more games than not throughout the season as he's a quality player which seems to me you and devon disagree with me about!!!

As you said micky hunt is on the forum so im intrested to see what he thinks of the fact ur embarrassing his players, his club and yourself with stupid accusations???

I also find it embarrassing how you have moved from saltash to callington and on to millbrook next year, your in no way a true suppoter of these clubs your at and are in fact the cause of most the rumour surrounding them!! Good luck to Dane is what i say!

As for "Devon" you have oviously bin sucked in by cally mike about my identity, but it is in no way relevant!!! The questions i have posted about elburton are in no way offensive and are very relevant to the topic so why are you even comenting on them as you have no idea what your talking about!!

Im sure other fans of clubs in the peninsula premier are intrested in the questions i have put to villa so i look foward to a response!! Also did legg play in their 5-0 win today over clyst??

Both Devon and cally mike you are both idiots and should have a good think before you post in future!

It's only a rumour but I have heard it several times now. Will there be a 'Mass' change at Callington?

The rumour going around Bodmin last week when we played them was that Mr Massey will be returning to Falmouth next season along with most of the Bodmin players.

The truth of the matter is that unless you are part of a clubs set up then you don't know what is going on behind the scenes at any club

I'm not an insider at Bickland,and don't claim to be,but Alan Carey was appointed long term,as stated by the Chairman when they signed him.

Also the recent signings of Matt Drummond and Huw Howlett were with next season in mind,hardly the signings of a manager that's leaving.

just joining in with the Elburton job debate.I personaly think thir will be no change in the management up thir, i was right next 2 the Elburton dugout friday and as a ex mananer i could see how much scott wantd them 2 do wot he wanted, if anybody thinks its easy than thay are so wrong, the bloke is giving heart and pashion 2 the job, and should and i think will be given the chance nxt season. Well done 4 getting the grant 4 the floodlights, hope your in the premier 2 c it. :yahoo:

Guest mario

just joining in with the Elburton job debate.I personaly think thir will be no change in the management up thir, i was right next 2 the Elburton dugout friday and as a ex mananer i could see how much scott wantd them 2 do wot he wanted, if anybody thinks its easy than thay are so wrong, the bloke is giving heart and pashion 2 the job, and should and i think will be given the chance nxt season. Well done 4 getting the grant 4 the floodlights, hope your in the premier 2 c it. :yahoo:

Good post Ravo,

There last two results have been very impressive and look a team in good form!

Just to clarify no questions were asked about scotts ability as a manager purely just the role Charlie Legg would be playing at the club................good to see them putting a string of results together gona be very tight for 3-4 teams at the bottom to beat the drop!

myself i think thay got enougth thir. And Charles Legg was a great player but been out 4 so long, that the ftball and the way we are now that he would find it hard. Thats just my opinion and mean nothing by it :D , With my son training up thir i hope thay do stay up. Never thought you wir questioning him my old m8. :smiley20:

Hi North Devon Dweller,

Can I just to put the record straight for everyone,before the season ends and the new one begins.

We appointed Alan Carey as 1st Manager at Falmouth Town AFC in January this year after carefully considering what we needed at Bickland Park to move the club succesfully forward on all fronts. Our club and manager have ambitious long term plans which have already started to take shape to meet the challenge ahead.What Alan has already brought to the club indicates his commitment to us and his vision for the future which we fully support.

Good luck to Steve Massey,wherever he takes over as manager,but it won't be at Falmouth Town AFC! We aren't looking for another great manager because we already have one in Alan Carey!! Simple!!

If anyone needs to clarify any rumours between now and then,please feel free to contact me through the normal channels!!

Steve Kimberley

Chairman

Falmouth Town AFC

B) :thumbsup:

Cheers Darren for your comments .

I have the answers for your comments Mario on Charlie joining the club , I've known Leggy for 15-16 years and whilst talking he said that he might fancy putting his boots on again next season , knowing how many games we have coming up I asked him to sign this season as cover not coach or assistant manager .

Results at the club have been poor both before I took over and since I became manager , however all at the club are confident that we will stay up .

As for Matt Green he was not bombed , he left to join Callington so he could play every week , I, like Tim Allen was disapointed that Matt wanted to go but he left with no ill feeling from anybody at the club .

Hope this answers the questions you asked.

Baggy :thumbsup:

Guest mario

I have the answers for your comments Mario on Charlie joining the club , I've known Leggy for 15-16 years and whilst talking he said that he might fancy putting his boots on again next season , knowing how many games we have coming up I asked him to sign this season as cover not coach or assistant manager .

Results at the club have been poor both before I took over and since I became manager , however all at the club are confident that we will stay up .

As for Matt Green he was not bombed , he left to join Callington so he could play every week , I, like Tim Allen was disapointed that Matt wanted to go but he left with no ill feeling from anybody at the club .

Top man for the reply,

Thats ticked all the boxes for questins asked!

I hope you didnt take offence to these questions and it was no way an attack on you or your club as some people seem to think just simply asking the question i feel many people mite have thought!

Not sure why matt was brought into this buy others but very dignified response sure he will be gratefull!

Best of luck with the rest of the season however going on recent results you dont seem to need any........... :clapper:

Hi North Devon Dweller,

Can I just to put the record straight for everyone,before the season ends and the new one begins.

We appointed Alan Carey as 1st Manager at Falmouth Town AFC in January this year after carefully considering what we needed at Bickland Park to move the club succesfully forward on all fronts. Our club and manager have ambitious long term plans which have already started to take shape to meet the challenge ahead.What Alan has already brought to the club indicates his commitment to us and his vision for the future which we fully support.

Good luck to Steve Massey,wherever he takes over as manager,but it won't be at Falmouth Town AFC! We aren't looking for another great manager because we already have one in Alan Carey!! Simple!!

If anyone needs to clarify any rumours between now and then,please feel free to contact me through the normal channels!!

Steve Kimberley

Chairman

Falmouth Town AFC

B):thumbsup:

Steve both you and whistleblower have missed the point i was trying to make. The fact that these things were said at Bodmin were taken with a great big pinch of salt because as i said the only people who really know what is going on at clubs are the people who run them.

Good Luck for the rest of the season.

now now you **** take a bloody chill pill before ive taken mine.

i have not said WHICH player it is. I do have an incline but dont wanna say because i dont know for sure plus I know a few cally players come on here so its not as if im dissing the club, they know i come on here and it hasnt affected the spirit of the club. you think it does but it doesnt.

Aside from that WHY do you assume Im letting my club down when all i wanna do is find out who people are on this forum. Take Judge for example, myself and him get a lot of shit for being honest about our clubs and saying our view, but meeting him in person was top class as I wish to do with other posters. So for the benefit of mario tell us who he is just to settle it. I mean come on, why do people rather keep quiet on their identity when people post their names or get noticed in the crowds.

AND FOR THE GOOD OF BOTH CALLINGTON AND MILLBROOK ITS BEEN DRAGGING ON SO ITS NOT OLD NEWS YES THIS WEEK I HAVE DECIDED TO JOIN MILLBROOK AT THE END OF THE SEASON DOING DIFFERENT JOBS AND LINESMAN.

now ill take the chill pill

Guest mario

now now you **** take a bloody chill pill before ive taken mine.

i have not said WHICH player it is. I do have an incline but dont wanna say because i dont know for sure plus I know a few cally players come on here so its not as if im dissing the club, they know i come on here and it hasnt affected the spirit of the club. you think it does but it doesnt.

Aside from that WHY do you assume Im letting my club down when all i wanna do is find out who people are on this forum. Take Judge for example, myself and him get a lot of shit for being honest about our clubs and saying our view, but meeting him in person was top class as I wish to do with other posters. So for the benefit of mario tell us who he is just to settle it. I mean come on, why do people rather keep quiet on their identity when people post their names or get noticed in the crowds.

AND FOR YOUR ******* BENEFIT ITS BEEN DRAGGING ON SO ITS NOT OLD NEWS YES THIS WEEK I HAVE DECIDED TO JOIN MILLBROOK AT THE END OF THE SEASON DOING DIFFERENT JOBS AND LINESMAN.

now ill take the chill pill

Wow....................cally mike you seem to have lost your marbles!!! :wacko:

My identity is none of your buisness, others on this forum do know my identity however these are people i trust and wouldnt embarress me with stupid comments like you have regarding players and managers at calington!

Lets leave this it at a difference of opinion!

right mario lets be agreeable on one thing

i havent mentioned the name MATT GREEN in the first instance that i replied to your post.

secondly, some people have criticised and gossiped about james yates. yatesy came to callington at the end of november and has improved so much over the weeks. i consider him one of the valuable players in the team at the moment, with his strength. even managers have been impressed at so easy he gets past players and few at plymstock i heard said he couldnt run well with the ball, i guess its down to lee beer and his coaching, so you and your co-horts who despise his work ethic and attitude aught to be ashamed of yourselves.

If Ryan Lucasi has joined Torpoint it will be because he was dropped out of the squad by Micky Hunt for last saturdays game!

Ryan was a major character in the changing rooms and dealt with all the fines and was the leader of a lot of the banter, he turned up to training every week and was hard working lad!

From my understanding he is very close friends with 2 or 3 players at the club and they are not happy with the situation! Rumour has it there are some "big time charlies" at the club and there is a lot of unsettled players! This only fuels speculation of mass exodus of players at end of season and possible manager change!

Agree with the comments that Ryan will struggle at this stage to get a starting position but could have a impact player effect coming on as a substitute!

just looking through your posts you said the above. now how can you not be part of callington if you are so sure that ryan was the leader of a lot of banter? how do you know he turned up to every training session? by your comment that you were at the elburton game friday sounds like you got 2/3 clubs on the go son, and a bit wierd you use the words "from my understanding he is very close friends", come on you seem to know an awful lot of what lucassi was like to make that first line come out like you want the reader to understand, its either a fact or not.

saw a few people at roborough playing field tonight ata plymouth p&d match. Darren Ravon was watching, interestingly in the group of people he was stood with was the plymstock chairman.

Also Dane Bunney and Micky Hunt stood together watching the game, dunno if this adds any fuel to the rumour about Hunt going to millbrook in the summer. Maybe micky or dane could comment ??????

Also heard that vospers manager is going to be replaced at the end of the season despite there recent up-turn

I was up the game last night and with my son cause a few wessex people was up thir, and my son was playing football with the kids, didnt see Plymstock chairman tho, very entertaining game for local football, i myself saw Mickey Hunt but he was with his son and Dan Bunney, i surpose he up thir 4 a reason ? <_<

Rumor has it Dave Pook cud b gettin involved wit callington!!!

apparently hes been gettin really friendly wit micky hunt up the gym? Plus Ash pook plays already and now younger brother Jay is there! Not the best of starts for jay coming on the other day and losing the ball which lead 2a goal!! :clapper:

Guest mario

;)

Rumor has it Dave Pook cud b gettin involved wit callington!!!

apparently hes been gettin really friendly wit micky hunt up the gym? Plus Ash pook plays already and now younger brother Jay is there! Not the best of starts for jay coming on the other day and losing the ball which lead 2a goal!! :clapper:

I believe that was the plymstock game which they lost by a single goal!

Where did they sign jay pook from? has he played at that level befor? was it dave's influence that he played?

so by other peoples post micky could be going to milbrook leaving dave pook taking over at calington!!???

also heard lee beer may be going back to falmouth to play next season! Apparently there offering good money to try and tempt him away from calington!

All rumours but intresting to see what comes of this!! ;)

why would anyone take the vospers job with no money down there they have had the best years are gone now would nt be surprised if they pulled out this season after lots of rumours down there arent good

just for a laugh ill take the bloody job

i can control programme, website, linesman, i can play midfielder, teamsheets/paperwork, now im sure i could manage a team as well and i live 5 minutes from their ground

what do you say

You know what they say Mike........ stick to what you're good at..... don't give up your day job!! LOL :c::c: Seriously though, money is drying up everywhere at the moment so Vospers will soon be joined by a whole host of clubs not paying expenses. So in reality there are gonna be alot of so called local players from Plymouth not wanting to travel deep into Cornwall when they are not being rewarded as comfortably as before. Therefore i feel there will be a vast increase in local players playing for their local clubs!! So things could become very interesting next season.

I believe that was the plymstock game which they lost by a single goal!

Where did they sign jay pook from? has he played at that level befor? was it dave's influence that he played?

so by other peoples post micky could be going to milbrook leaving dave pook taking over at calington!!???

also heard lee beer may be going back to falmouth to play next season! Apparently there offering good money to try and tempt him away from calington!

All rumours but intresting to see what comes of this!! ;)

Like i said before, i am commited to Callington Town Football Club, i am already planning for next season, Dave pook will not be involved with Callington next season but his son Ash pook will be playing for me again next season...

Hopefully this will stop all the rumours.

Many thanks,

Micky

Guest Postie Pidge

I heard a rumour in work today that Darren Burchell, Steve Warr, Wayne Brown, Martin Day, Jamie Thirkle and Jamie Burr are all leaving Porthleven and are Penryn bound. Something to do with the manager?

Guest optical

I did hear a rumour a couple of weeks back that Darren Raven had been approached by Tavistock. I cant imagine why as I think ian southcott has done a very good job at tavistock and maybe with 1 or 2 additions next season they might break into the top 2

Why would tavi want raven ??? what has he actually done in the game at outside the safety net of wessex in the plymouth p and d league ?????