Cornwall Football Forum

Commiserations to Spurs

Commiserations to Tottenham. They did their best to play up and play the game and Corluka even managed to score one from the spot, despite being gutted at being names in my Worst Premiership Eleven. At the end of the day, Darran Gibson and Ben Foster and O'Shea and 86 year old Scholes and Giggs were just too quick and clever for them. Everybody loves the game, even those whose season ends with defeat against a semi-reserve team in a Sunday afternoon pub salver. It was nice to see so many of the Manchester United first team there, too, wearing their Sunday suits and stripy ties and encouraging the young squad players.

Shame for the Spurs. Still, they sold a nice lot of flags to remind them of the occasion and they haven't got far to get home from Wembley, possibly in time to watch The Antiques Roadshow. And there's always next season, with every chance of a result against Burnley again when they come to White Hart Lane; and a very real possibility of a point at Home Park if Dawson and Zokora are available and Granny knits little David Bentley nice woolly gloves for Xmas. Remember, it's only a game. As my dear old Mum says, you must always be sporty in defeat. Keep your chins up, young Spuds. Keep grinding out the goalless draws at the Lane and you'll almost certainly finish above West Brom ! :D

Commiserations to Tottenham. They did their best to play up and play the game and Corluka even managed to score one from the spot, despite being gutted at being names in my Worst Premiership Eleven. At the end of the day, Darran Gibson and Ben Foster and O'Shea and 86 year old Scholes and Giggs were just too quick and clever for them. Everybody loves the game, even those whose season ends with defeat against a semi-reserve team in a Sunday afternoon pub salver. It was nice to see so many of the Manchester United first team there, too, wearing their Sunday suits and stripy ties and encouraging the young squad players.

Shame for the Spurs. Still, they sold a nice lot of flags to remind them of the occasion and they haven't got far to get home from Wembley, possibly in time to watch The Antiques Roadshow. And there's always next season, with every chance of a result against Burnley again when they come to White Hart Lane; and a very real possibility of a point at Home Park if Dawson and Zokora are available and Granny knits little David Bentley nice woolly gloves for Xmas. Remember, it's only a game. As my dear old Mum says, you must always be sporty in defeat. Keep your chins up, young Spuds. Keep grinding out the goalless draws at the Lane and you'll almost certainly finish above West Brom ! :D

i dislike you very much

Isaac, Tottenham Hotspur DIDN'T sell those flags to the fans, they came from the normal source.