Cornwall Football Forum

Duchy League Result 21/02/09

bloody hell big win! my brother wont b 2 happy

mevagissey res 1- 3 premsixes res

first half sixes were all over meva, first goal after 20 mins after ollie played a great long ball over the defence for ben atherton to strike it bottom corner, then after half hour a great cross from the right back richie james ( yes i did kick the ball more then ten yards) found matt kelly who blasted the goal into the empty net, five mins l8er possibly miss of the season where tom allen was thru on n only had the keeper to beat from four yards n somehow put it wide wen it was easiler to score. but that didnt stop sixes as they made it 3 five mins later, wen ollie kernick found himself near the pently spot to place it top left corner. give meva credit they started to fight back well n had a goal dissallowed for off side

the second half was completly different n meva came out all guns blazing and scored withen 10 mins of the restart as a corner wasn't cleared it fell to the meva left winger who was poorly marked by me and had a shot on the turn n somehow went thru my legs n in of the post, sixes couldn't clear their lines n if it wasnt 4 some great defending from tony **** they would have scored more, as they game got older it became very messy n lee lavery was booked 4 dissent ( i think) and was lucky to stay on the pitch after a shocking tackle on me with the ball already played, meva first didnt have a game n thru on some their first teamers on as they tried to get back in to the game and it almost worked wen a deep corner was met up the young striker but came off the post and thats how it stayed 4 the rest of the game.

should say thank you to the ref althou he was quite old he had a great game and controlled the match very well! i no i shouldn't complain to much but the pitch was awful

best of luck to the meva players for the rest of the season

Duchy Division Three

Tintagel (0) 0 Bere Alston Res (3) 6

Good game in which the visitors were worthy winners. Full marks to the hosts for keeping their much patched up side going until the final whistle; which included former SWL keeper Paul Neale (not sure of the correct spelling) at the tender age of 52 who made some good saves to prevent Bere registering double figures. The homesters were in the game until they conceded the third which came direct from a setpiece, taken by the visiting leftback (no. 3) out on the left wing. The Devonians notched their first inside the first 10 mins with Tintagel appearing to struggle to settle their much changed line-up. Bere's no. 10 (delightfully nicknamed ASBO!), complete with pink boots, making the most of his free reign on the right wing curled a delightful effort beyond the reach of the fully stretched keeper. The wind was taken out of the North Cornish side's sails with Bere's second of the game, coming after a period in which Tintagel were beginning to establish themselves in the game, with the no. 10 doubling his tally after punishing a poor defensive clearance.

The second half, with Bere playing down the slope, was one way traffic with a deflated Tintagel side failing to register a goal bound attempt as the visitors camped out in their half. A header from no. 22, his first of the season I'm reliably informed, opened the second half's scoring; reward for a sterling performance in the middle of the park in which he bossed proceedings making the most of the time and possession that he enjoyed. Two goals from John McGowan (no. 9) rounded off the scoring though in truth it should have been more as Bere spurned chances and Neale reeled back the years with some virtuso keeping.

Full marks to the hard working volunteers at Tintagel for getting the pitch in a playable condition following the mindless actions of a nocturnal would-be 'Lewis Hamilton' whose on-pitch four-wheeled antics had rendered the pitch unplayable last Saturday. Thanks must go to Tintagel for their hospitality shown to the ref and his friends; we thoroughly enjoyed our visit to this Northern corner of the Duchy ! :c: :c:

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Pensilva 0-3 Torpoint(Carter,Bates,M Williams)

First half was very tight but fairley even with both sides going close with chances.

Second half Torpoint stepped up a gear and took hold of the game.It was only really a matter of time before Torpoint scored and when they did it broke the hosts and it could of been more if the Torpoint strikers had their shooting boots on!!!!!

Pensilva are a good,solid team and im just happy to come away with all 3 points because many wont!!!!!

tafc.-gaffa that would have to be a fair reflection of the game but I think who ever scored first was going to go on to win it. We had a good chance at the start of the second at 0-0 when we had a free kick that hit the crossbar and post so things could of been different. But fair play you boys battled well!

Good luck for the rest of the season.