Cornwall Football Forum

St Blazey attendance versus Witheridge

NDD,

Have a safe journey to Bickland on Saturday for your longest trip.

I will look out for you and make myself known.

Thanks mike will make myself known looking forward to it as it will be my first visit to Bickland as y sister in law got married when we visited last year. early start for us leavinbg Withy at 10am but will stop for brekkie on way down. :D

This Devon v Cornwall debate is total nonsense. How many of the Conrish sides would have got anywhere if it was not for the mass exodus from Plymouth over the years to keep the Cornish SWL clubs afloat. Money is still not a factor in Devon as it is in Cornwall. All that has happened is that Plymouth players do not have to travel to far now to play for a reasonable team.

Another thing is the money factor. A club with big money sponsors win the trophies. The money goes and the trophies dry up. You only have to look at Bodmin, the wage bill down there must be massive that is why they will keep winning yet they only average 120 per game. So the money coming in must be enormous.

The third thing is that a winning team attracts fans and a losing team does not. St Blazey being a classic example. Fans can be fickle. Once the money goes and the results go then people stay away and moan.

Wake up and taste the coffee chaps.

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Personally, I can't wait to visit the bigger Devon clubs should Newquay be fortunate enough to be promoted, or the SWPL Cup, FA Vase, Friendly, whatever... flags of all descriptions, colours and sizes follow Newquay !

Guest Peppermint

Whilst not wanting to enter the Devon/Cornwall debate that is quite frankly counter productive and unneccessary in my opinion.

I will take up one point from ECPL - he alluded to Plymouth based players keeping clubs in Cornwall afloat in the past. I would hasten to add the only reason they came to play for Cornish CSWL clubs was that they knew some clubs in Cornwall were paying vastly inflated money that they would not get in their area. I do not blame the players for taking the silly sums of money on offer but if they now stay in Devon then it is probably something to do with some of those clubs paying money to match the Cornish clubs!!!!!!!

The CSWPL is here to stay and let's make the best of a League that is well run and gives the loyal supporters of clubs in both Counties the chance to travel to new venues to watch their respective teams and also gives clubs the chance to try and achieve promotion, like my own club, the chance to earn elevation to the Premier League.