Cornwall Football Forum

Falmouth Town v St Blazey

Well done to St Blazey for winning an important league match and getting the much needed 3 points.

But thats were the festive cheer ends!! :Santa:

Bickland Park is one bloody good fart from mother nature from being a one stand ground. More and more seems to blow away every time I visit.

The program was as bad as Falmouth have produced. It was printed before xmas so its just down to lack of support given to whos doing it!!

The kick off time. Surly a good time to ko on boxing day is 11am so that people do have a long afternoon with their families etc. Its a fact that I no of at least 10 St Blazey fans who wouldnt go because it ruined other plans they had with it being a later ko. To add to that, the game then kicked off over 5 minutes early. Whats that all about?? If it was down to St Blazey requesting a later ko because of players having to travel then having players living to far away isnt the way ahead!!

Having talked to many people, it seems the interest in the new league is very very low. The poor crowds and poor football isnt helping. Maybe the senior cup results are proving that players are prepared to stay local for smaller clubs?

Roll on the end of this season!!

A very interesting and thought provoking message Paul. I hope in the long term that your fears are unfounded, but my heart tells me there could be some danger of this becoming reality.

Anyway, well done to Blazey today regardless of current circumstances, as a victory over one of Cornwall's finest Clubs by another one is always a sweet one.

Guest st george9

i have to agree with sir alex..paid 5 pound(4 pound entrance and 1 pound draw ticket) to watch parkway today and the football was poor...

seen alot of local dutchy and east cornwall football for nothing and been impressed with the standerd..seem to me to be a great deal of quality players in the lower divisions now..

In the first half Father Christmas was certainly on the side of St Blazey against Falmouth. Falmouth could have had three goals which either bounced along the line or against the woodwork. With a few very late changes to the side, St Blazey hung in there and showed very good spirit. Come the second half they began to take control and began to look really dangerous. All four goals were created from very good moves and each one was a well taken goal, especially the second from Dave Trott, who nearly broke the net !!

We should have some sympathy for Falmouth as based on the first half a draw would probably been a good result. However, all clubs go through times when the ball will not go in the net whatever happens. St Blazey took their chances, but I think Falmouth will bounce back and we wish them all the best for the New Year.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest crosser

gotta agree with sir alex, both clubs aint the pull they used to be and because of the new league set up some of the more traditional boxing day fixtures are no longer with us. Who know's if st austell get promotion this year blazey's more traditional boxing day fixture may return.

Unfortunately for us torpoint supporters can't see a millbrook torpoint derby for a long time.......unless its in the ecpl :P

Sign of the times Im afraid Danblazey, The greens aint the pull they once were, same goes for Falmouth, no one wants to go and watch fallen giants of the Cornish game.

We'll be back again soon Sir Alex! New manager-new start. Come on Town!! :thumbsup:

Well done to St Blazey for winning an important league match and getting the much needed 3 points.

But thats were the festive cheer ends!! :Santa:

Bickland Park is one bloody good fart from mother nature from being a one stand ground. More and more seems to blow away every time I visit.

The program was as bad as Falmouth have produced. It was printed before xmas so its just down to lack of support given to whos doing it!!

The kick off time. Surly a good time to ko on boxing day is 11am so that people do have a long afternoon with their families etc. Its a fact that I no of at least 10 St Blazey fans who wouldnt go because it ruined other plans they had with it being a later ko. To add to that, the game then kicked off over 5 minutes early. Whats that all about?? If it was down to St Blazey requesting a later ko because of players having to travel then having players living to far away isnt the way ahead!!

Having talked to many people, it seems the interest in the new league is very very low. The poor crowds and poor football isnt helping. Maybe the senior cup results are proving that players are prepared to stay local for smaller clubs?

Roll on the end of this season!!

Hi Paul-I must put you straight on the kick off time on Boxing Day. We asked St.Blazey if we could move the kick off from 3pm back to 11am for the same family reasons you mentioned.We were told that your club said that was too early so we compromised on 1pm! We would have had a better crowd swelled by our respective fans at 11am I'm sure.As for the kick off being 5 mins early,I missed it too!

Happy New Year to you all!! :smiley20: