Cornwall Football Forum

Predictions for Duchy leagues?

So i was just wondering who everone thought the trophies were going to this season. Or is it too early to tell.

My predictions so far...

Duchy Prem - St Teath

Duchy 1 - St Cleer

Duchy 2 - Bodmin Saints

Duchy 3 - Bere alston

Duchy 4 - St Austell

Duchy 5 - ?

Just an opinion.

Duchy Prem - Edgcumbe

Will be really close but they I feel will just sneak it - although could be anyone of 4 teams.

Duchy 1 - St Cleer

They seem to get results despite not always being at their best - the sign of a good team.

Duchy 2 - Week St Mary

A very open league in which any team can beat another on their day. I think Bodmin Saints have more fire power but Week St Mary will just shade it as they seem to be a results team.

Duchy 3 - Bere Alston

Don't know much about this league - but looking at the results so far I think they will win it.

Duchy 4 - St Austell

This is a no-brainer, St Austell could hold their own in the Duchy Prem. They have strength in depth and a number of class players. Will win virtually every game I think - although Premier Sixes & St Dennis will fight to the end.

Duchy 5 - North Petherwin

I originally thought that Perranporth were going to blow away this week, although they haven't been as good as of late. Sticker have a class side for this league with a number of players that played senior football last season, although I think North Petherwin will sneak it, although the top half of Duchy 5 has a number of sides that could cope with playing at a higher level.

boosh all u have done is look at current league tables and seen who looks like they are in the best position at the moment!!

Dont think your way off the mark though in the Duchy prem as tafc gaffa suggests, its out of Edgcumbe and St teath id say, as much as he likes to think torpoint are gonna win it!! Some massive games still to play, St teath have yet to play torpoint or st dennis at all, so we'll see.

Think Saltash could win Div 1, but cant really say anything bout anyone else as i've never seen them play!!

St Dennis will not finish lower then 2nd in Duchy Premier Bidawg and St Austell have far from won Duchy 4.

St Austell have a good experienced side with plenty of quality but when the dryer weather and firmer grounds come along they will struggle against younger fitter teams. They were fortunate to beat St Dennis Reserves on sat, but with the ball holding up it helped them at the back where they are very slow.

Yes got to agree can't afford to lose the away fixtures to Point and Edgcumbe that is true. However we have to play St Teath twice and that will tell us who will be pushing Edgcumbe for the Title. (my opinion tpfc.gaffa only) after watching all the teams apart from Edgcumbe.

We have a tricky game on sat at Lamerton where Edgcumbe only managed a 3 - 2 result.

Guest tafc.-gaffa

To be honest Bigdawg your Edgcumb arent the side you think you are!!! Yes you beat us but to be fair i thought St. Dennis are a better side than you. You are top of the league but your wheels will come off and there will be 3 teams ready to pounce.

I back my side to be capable of winning the title, why wouldnt i, they are up to it and im the manager so that makes sense you clown!!

tafc gaffa, so u should believe u can win it as manager, it was only my opinion and a few others on here by the looks of it. And judging by our performance against u lot st dennis wouldnt be the only team that are better than us on that display, we were awful and we know it, but still got the 3 points without playing any football on a small pitch, and to beat a so called title challenger with plenty of gears to move into is only encouraging for us. We are happy to have got all of our hardest games out the way, away from home. Ok we dropped points to st teath which probably proved to be a good thing in terms of us being kicked up the ass and we have all our big games now at home.

Jonnie, Lamerton are actually not a bad team, the league table lies in that respect. They have had probably their best player out for a while i think in 'swifty', who on his day can win a game on his own. so as u said maybe quite a tough game. They are def a team who can cause an upset, same with many teams in this league.

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Only backing my team as it looked you were questioning me doing so!!!

I think we are all capable of upsetting each other and to be fair i cant see you doing what Boro did last year. I dont doubt how good your side are and cant wait for us to get stuck into you again and turn up this time!!!!

St Austell have a good experienced side with plenty of quality but when the dryer weather and firmer grounds come along they will struggle against younger fitter teams. They were fortunate to beat St Dennis Reserves on sat, but with the ball holding up it helped them at the back where they are very slow.

Yeah St Austell are probably better going forwards than they are at the back - can't see much chance of dryer weather for a while though!

A fair point though - if I had to look for weaknesses in their side I'd say it was a lack of pace at the back. As they're in Duchy 4 I don't think they'll have much competition this season though as only really Premier Sixes & St Dennis Reserves can compete with them. Tougher tests will come as they start to move up the leagues.

I think Perranporth will still win the Duchy 5, despite the hic ups an poor home form!

There has had to be a few swaps and changes here and there with the Fal/Hel 2 side but we should still finish top.

We have a strong enough squad to do so - will be a big game when North Petherwin visit.

:D

Duchy Prem - Torpoint

When we (Altarnun) beat them at there place they were 2 confident and a bit shocked that a newly promoted team were up 4 it. But when they get going they will be a class team.

Duchy 1 - St cleer

They have a winning mentality and are well organised, saltash will push them all the way thow.

Duchy 2 - Week st.mary

The most consistant of the big three ( bodmin saints n Probus) and improve every season, and they get some lucky deflections off that electric cable that goes over there pitch!

Duchy 3 - Looe reserves

Good young side and not much competition in this league. Bere alston will hit there self destruct button after christmas they allways do.

Duchy 4 - Prem 6s

Have a massive player base and can get goals from allover the pitch, a bit weak at the back. The title coulde well be decided when they meat St Austell at Tretherras.

Duchy 5 - NORTH PETHERWIN

They should win this two horse race, there a good football ing side, but the resent loss of there goalkeeper to higher league team coulde have its affects on there moral.

I think you all maybe wrong with your predictions for division 2 winners.

St anns chapel are now unbeaten in 6 after a total rebuild of the squad, and with the best

young manager in all the leagues and a team that has an average age of about 22 i think you'll soon

see them in the premier.

St anns chapel are now unbeaten in 6 after a total rebuild of the squad, and with the best

young manager in all the leagues and a team that has an average age of about 22 i think you'll soon

see them in the premier.

They appear to be on a good run after a poor start. I heard they were out-played by Probus recently in their 1-1 draw. Division 2 won't be an easy league to get out of, as everyone is capable of taking points off someone else on their day.

maybe in spells in the first have we were but it was one way in the second, all probus ad was the counter attacks. But with a new stricker from bere alston first team we should now get the goal diffence up. Shame the team wasn't rebuilt until the 3rd game, heavy defeats in those games make the table look bad for us. The goal they scored was a long shot which caught are keeper unsighted.

Yeah duchy 2 is a tough one to call. Before the league had started i knew what players bodmin saints had and to be honest some of there players. But when week st mary beat them which could mean something at the end of the season. When i played St anns chapel (st Breward) it was a very close game, and the last minute lucky goal done it for them (but thats the game) but they are solid at the back. Will be intresting to see if they can get results on the road.

Any team in duchy 2 that can get a good run of wins going in the season should be in with a good shout, we have thrown our chance away by losing to teams that we should of beat.

I would say the 1st half was a decent contest ( St anns vs st breward), BUT the second half was completely dominated with all your tactics consisting of give the ball to Jamie kay and hope he can get past our defence. If we had a couple clinical finishers (which seems to be what we are missing) then i feel it could have been 4 or 5 to us.

St anns manager (the loud 1) haha

boosh all u have done is look at current league tables and seen who looks like they are in the best position at the moment!!

Dont think your way off the mark though in the Duchy prem as tafc gaffa suggests, its out of Edgcumbe and St teath id say, as much as he likes to think torpoint are gonna win it!! Some massive games still to play, St teath have yet to play torpoint or st dennis at all, so we'll see.

Think Saltash could win Div 1, but cant really say anything bout anyone else as i've never seen them play!!

No i didnt just look at the tables and see who is in the best position. I only picked teams that i have seen or played against. For exhample i know some of the players of st Teath and have seen them play a couple of times. Where as i have never seen edgecumbe or torpoint play.

But normally the teams looking good going into christmas have a good shout surely.

Lamerton 3 - 1 St Dennis

St Dennis Res 1 - 3 Biscoey Res

Not a good weekend for St Dennis with both teams losing to teams they would expect to beat. I watched the Reserves today and although having 2 or 3 players with experiece and 1st teams games they thorougly deserved there win.

As for the 1st Team the manager told me it could have been 5 or 6 to Lamerton with neither Saints teams showing any heart or fight for the games today.

Well Done to Lamerton and Biscovey

Will still stand by that tafc although our performance today was lacking any real fight, and Lamerton could have had 5 or 6 by all accounts. Only had 2 players missing so it was a poor result but you can't take away from Lamerton the fact they deserved to win. Will see how you get on there.

See u in a fortnight when you try and take OUR CUP.

Guest tafc.-gaffa

I would never take away what Lamerton do as we have had great battles with them over the years and know that they are a great team on their day, with some top players ie Swifty and their keeper.

Long way to go in the cup, your just another game on the way. We cant wait for it and glad you have had a blip to rock your good start to the season!!!

not overly suprised by lamerton beating st dennis. yeah st dennis shoulda won on paper, but lamerton could cause a few upsets this season, they are a good side and usually raise it against the better teams. they will only be boosted by yesterdays result for their match v torpoint next week.

duchy prem as follows:

1st. torpoint

2nd. foxhole

3rd. gunnislake

4th edgcumbe

5th.st teath

6th. st dennis

Hmm Cant see St teath coming 5th. They are pretty good belive it or not. Dunno if i can see foxhole and gunnislake above them or above edgcumbe and st dennis.

But its your opinion.

my predictions based on my opinions on who we have played so far:

1. Edgcumbe

2. St Teath

3. Torpoint

4. St Dennis

To be honest the top 2 could be either way around, but im gonna be biased here!!

Same goes for 3rd and 4th really.

Out of all 4 teams i think Edgcumbe, St Teath and St Dennis are the better all round teams. Torpoint rely too much on their strikers and if they have an off day they will drop points thats why they wont finish in the top 2. But i think St Dennis have dropped quite a few points already and that will be the difference between the 3rd and 4th positions.

Only my opinion im sure quite a few people may disagree!

see them in the premier.

Never brag your unbeaten run you'll lose it the next time you play. It doesnt look to good for you guys now but the things in duchy 2 can change just like that. Lets hope luck can favor us lol

Guest BATESY NO 9

duchy prem as follows:

1st. torpoint

2nd. foxhole

3rd. gunnislake

4th edgcumbe

5th.st teath

6th. st dennis

Rob can't see you finishing in the top six now mucker great result for Torpoint on saturday destroying a very good Lamerton team 5-1, even though the keeper made 2 mistakes he also made 5 top draw saves. So that now means you need to beat the top 4 twice a peice and hope they loose alot of games on top of that, maybe next season will be a more realistic dream for you now, a shame as Foxhole have some great heritage.

As for Torpoint I feel we will now push on and give St Teath and Edgecombe a real test until the end of the season. If we beat Edgecombe and St Teath twice we will win the league.

The performance on Saturday was TOP CLASS every single player including the 3 lads that came on played really well, my prediction as follows

1st Torpoint

2nd St Teath

3rd Edgecombe

4th St Dennis

:Santa: Merry xmas

Guest edgcumbetillidie

It's going to be a real close call in the prem. I think any of four teams can do it, and it all depends on the "grand slam saturdays" if you will, between those teams. I think all four teams will drop more points but at the end i think it will finish:

1. Edgcumbe

2. Torpoint

3. St Teath

4. St Dennis

Only my view and I dont think there will be a lot of points in it, but I think Edgcumbes impressive goal difference could serve them in good stead.