Cornwall Football Forum

How long is temporary ?

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

The supposed temporary stand that was erected for a Vase game a while back still seems to be in place, although underused. When will the council who live next door, do something about the owner and close the ground ! It's suggested he owes money to several local businessmen, only wanted the land to build on (before the credit crunch) and has set the Combo and (Newquay) ladies teams adrift by pulling the funding !

I warned the Truro faithful 4 years ago of his intentions and was slated, it's about time someone at Treyew Road admitted they made a msitake. You had your day in the sun at Wembley, but the memory fades fast when you have to apply for membership of local sunday league. Find another money man soon or kiss goodbye to your short lived fame on BBC Radio Rugby.

Send him back to Spurs, they could do with a laugh, although the keeper is keeping The Shelf amused, if not a little worried.

Unless you know more about the planning consents etc by viewing the official records, I think you'll find the suggestion was that they applied and were given permission for the stands to stay there "permanently". Initially, yes they were erected under the 28 day condition.

As for owing money, well the businesses of Kevin and the football club could well do, but I doubt if he does personally.

The fame .... well it wasn't only BBC Radio Cornwall .... all the local papers, indeed some national ones even, Pirate FM, it was news at the time and so it was only to be expected that the club and the people leading the show were in the limelight. That's what happens everywhere isn't it?

Finally, I don't think whatever happens, and even the worse of Kevin walking away, which has always been a possibility, no one will say the four years or so was a mistake. What other club in the county, or even the country, would have turned down the chance to have had successive promotions over the period, a visit to the new Wembley Stadium and a pop at the Southern League.

Are you telling me Judge that you would have refused such a sugar-daddy at Mount Wise?

Yes Dave, I would have told that gentlemen to stick his 'ambitions' and high tail it back to N17.

I am sure, that had any other club in a major Cornish town had the land Truro do, they may well have had a call from someone in the construction industry. If my memory serves, didn't some of the Red/Black old guard walk away from the club when he walked in, they sensed that all was not right. Yes it was good for the folk that headed to Wembley, I'm sure they all enjoyed a good day out. Not too many have stuck around though. As for the stand on the Road side, I was unaware that a permanant permission was in place, but shouldn't really be surprised that it was (who on earth uses it though ?)

Now if there is someone out there who wishes to plough money into local football, with no strings attached, then point him/her in the direction of Mount Wise. In the meantime, our revamped Commercial dept, headed by Colin & Fiona, will keep up the good work and bring new sponsors and advertisers to the club.

Rant over, I will leave Truro to go back to sleep.

Unless you know more about the planning consents etc by viewing the official records, I think you'll find the suggestion was that they applied and were given permission for the stands to stay there "permanently". Initially, yes they were erected under the 28 day condition.

As for owing money, well the businesses of Kevin and the football club could well do, but I doubt if he does personally.

The fame .... well it wasn't only BBC Radio Cornwall .... all the local papers, indeed some national ones even, Pirate FM, it was news at the time and so it was only to be expected that the club and the people leading the show were in the limelight. That's what happens everywhere isn't it?

Finally, I don't think whatever happens, and even the worse of Kevin walking away, which has always been a possibility, no one will say the four years or so was a mistake. What other club in the county, or even the country, would have turned down the chance to have had successive promotions over the period, a visit to the new Wembley Stadium and a pop at the Southern League.

Are you telling me Judge that you would have refused such a sugar-daddy at Mount Wise?

Call it speculation, call it guesswork-and you'd be wrong-, but there is one, just one high-roller, keeping an eye on Treyew road's activities. I wish him well as he is a friend of mine. No, not a chance of me revealing names and numbers but rule him out at your peril.

Guest Peppermint

In reply to Dave Deacon's question for the Judge regarding whether he would have accepted a 'sugar daddy' at Mount Wise is irrelevant because with the greatest respect to the Judge the Committee at the Club would make those decisions!!!!!

Mark [the Judge ] is a very loyal and supportive follower of the Club and that is a good thing but it is still the Committee who make the decisions.

Finally I do not think any club would refuse some financial backing if offered.

Hammer 3,

Welcome to the forum I had to look hard at your title because as you know I go under the name of Hammers,

but it is good to have you on board, Do you ever go up to watch them play?

I would very much like to go up watch them at home maybe in the spring, us oldens do not go to far away in the winter,

Hammers :unsure::c: :c:

Guest hammer3

thanks Hammers :)

i dont get up there as much as id like, hoping to get up there by the end of the season tho, its all about work and that. But give me a shout if have plans to pop up, i know a there are a few hammers around who could be persuaded to embark on a road trip to see their beloved hammers :)

Up the Irons :D

• 1 month later...
Guest watcher

The supposed temporary stand that was erected for a Vase game a while back still seems to be in place, although underused. When will the council who live next door, do something about the owner and close the ground ! It's suggested he owes money to several local businessmen, only wanted the land to build on (before the credit crunch) and has set the Combo and (Newquay) ladies teams adrift by pulling the funding !

I warned the Truro faithful 4 years ago of his intentions and was slated, it's about time someone at Treyew Road admitted they made a msitake. You had your day in the sun at Wembley, but the memory fades fast when you have to apply for membership of local sunday league. Find another money man soon or kiss goodbye to your short lived fame on BBC Radio Rugby.

Send him back to Spurs, they could do with a laugh, although the keeper is keeping The Shelf amused, if not a little worried.

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Thank goodness ! A voice of sanity at last. Take heart Judge - you're not alone for sure - the Emperor's new clothes have well and truly fallen off.

:thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup: