Cornwall Football Forum

promotion/relegation falmouth/helston 2

Guest mikey catterall

Guest mikey catterall

it is early days but the leage table looks good for a few clubs and coming into december things should get interesting come january i play for troon we are hoping for promotion but being troon 2nds its hard to put the same side out every week but we are strong contenders i think it will be out of troon mawgan constantine mawnan culdrose porthleven for promotion im not sure about relegation cause we lost to a well organised perranporth who are currently bottom of the table. i would like to know managers and players views as it is our first season in this leauge good luck to all the teams for the rest of the season mikey catterall troon afc.

Still a very long way to go for what its worth:

Up anyone of the folllowing (If Mawnan make top 3 then its likely 4th will see promotion):

Mawgan (Big and Strong at home, wont drop many points there)

Mawnan (Always in the running and ability to call on another top side)

Constantine (Money Talks and a few good players make a difference )

Troon (Will load it if they have too come the end of the season)

Rangers (Starting to add the pressure and a dark horse)

Culdrose (Very good when their all available will surely close the gap)

Down anyone of the following:

Marazion (The wheels have come well off in recent weeks)

Perranporth (Depends on where they decide to play their best players)

Carharrack (Will get sucked in if they are not careful)

Wendron (Could well climb away, very young side play some very nice football, lack end product)

Lizard (Need to find some away form and quick)

It will go to the wire at both ends I think this season. You look at the fixtures each week and its shock after shock.

:thumbsup:

Cokney Rob

I know lots of the lads at Constantine and like you know the real facts.

ie everyone pays to play, pays to train (winter only) and bring a couple of quid for the raffle, pontoon or the odd fine on match day.

Oh and your wallet for the social after because win lose or draw they ALL always go to the bar home or away for a pint.

You will soon realise that there are plenty of people who make up what they don't know on here.

And a few like the infamous Carlsberg who log on for the sole purpose of trying to wind people up. FACT.

Welcome to the forum

Still a very long way to go for what its worth:

Up anyone of the folllowing (If Mawnan make top 3 then its likely 4th will see promotion):

Mawgan (Big and Strong at home, wont drop many points there)

Mawnan (Always in the running and ability to call on another top side)

Constantine (Money Talks and a few good players make a difference )

Troon (Will load it if they have too come the end of the season)

Rangers (Starting to add the pressure and a dark horse)

Culdrose (Very good when their all available will surely close the gap)

Down anyone of the following:

Marazion (The wheels have come well off in recent weeks)

Perranporth (Depends on where they decide to play their best players)

Carharrack (Will get sucked in if they are not careful)

Wendron (Could well climb away, very young side play some very nice football, lack end product)

Lizard (Need to find some away form and quick)

It will go to the wire at both ends I think this season. You look at the fixtures each week and its shock after shock.

:thumbsup:

Dont think that statement regarding 4th place being promoted if Mawnan finish 3rd is correct.

My understanding of the league rules, unless they've changed, is that if Mawnan finish 3rd then only 2 teams get promoted to div 1 and only two relegated from div 1. If im wrong then there has been a rule change. This was how it was explained to me last year

Pete

What happens if Wendron finish bottom 3 of div 2 and Wendron div 3 finish in the top 3? I thought the ruling states a lower team cannot "save" your higher team. Or should Wendron be playing their div 3 players in their div 2 side to improve themselves. Fal/Hel rules states the bottom 3 teams from each league must be relegated and the bottom 3 teams from div 3 must seek re-election. With Fal Albion withdrawing from Div 2 should only 2 be relegated and 2 seek re-election in div 3? Who knows?

Cokney Rob

I know lots of the lads at Constantine and like you know the real facts.

ie everyone pays to play, pays to train (winter only) and bring a couple of quid for the raffle, pontoon or the odd fine on match day.

Oh and your wallet for the social after because win lose or draw they ALL always go to the bar home or away for a pint.

You will soon realise that there are plenty of people who make up what they don't know on here.

And a few like the infamous Carlsberg who log on for the sole purpose of trying to wind people up. FACT.

Welcome to the forum

I was down Constantine the other day and their chairman was laughing about it. As you say they pay subs like everyone else and there is no one down Constatine that stands out from the rest, the just play as a team. A good village football club who want to go forward.

What happens if Wendron finish bottom 3 of div 2 and Wendron div 3 finish in the top 3? I thought the ruling states a lower team cannot "save" your higher team. Or should Wendron be playing their div 3 players in their div 2 side to improve themselves. Fal/Hel rules states the bottom 3 teams from each league must be relegated and the bottom 3 teams from div 3 must seek re-election. With Fal Albion withdrawing from Div 2 should only 2 be relegated and 2 seek re-election in div 3? Who knows?

A quick look at the Duchy Tables confirms only one reserve team out of 14 is in an adjacent division to the first team. Most clubs have 3 or 4 division gaps. Premier Sixes reserves being mid-table in div 5 are the odd one out, however the 1st team are leading div 4 and it doesn't appear as though the natural promotion / relegation will be precluded.

The sooner the Fal/Hel and Mining amalgamate to form 6 divisions the better so sides can be promoted and relegated on merit.

Perran are certainly working hard at staying in the Fal/Hel 2, an hope to survive the drop this year.

I'm sure that although the Duchy 5 league has proved to be a 'new experience' the players there would like to have games a little closer to home. Providing Perran look to re-instate the 3rds in Fal/Hel 3 next season?

Good Luck Sat lads

:D

Sorry to Constantine no offence mean't. It appears I may well have been fed a line.

As for promotion and demotion it seems every year come the AGM there are issues. Teams Folding, Teams going up to snr football, Teams with teams above or below. One year it might go as advertised 3 up 3 down but I doub't it.

I didn't see many others offering their views. So come on fellas I was prepared to put it out there.

How about you?

:smiley20: